Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i hear ya man, that's what i have been saying in smack lol

Thanks for always being there to kick me when I'm down Baph.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Yep, just like many of us predicted. We are losing all of our players, players we drafted, and moving forward with a over the hill QB. Then what? A 75% rebuild? Should have moved forward with Brock and most of our roster imo. Time will tell.
    Not a dig at you because I get your point, but I think people (inlcluding me) have to step away and look at the big picture.

Who are we really losing............

Franklin..... a 'solid' and very replaceable guard... probably going to get 6-7 million a year. Way too much for him.

Moore........ a 'solid' middle of the road safety. If he comes back then fine but it not, meh

JT - Good RZ weapon but can't block for anything and is all about the money, plus is always injured

We have kept DT, Harris, and Von Miller. The important players. I think DT and Miller will get locked up. Better to spend on these players then the 'solid' over-paid ones.

VG will be a good player to keep.

Elway knows free agency. He won't over-pay for these guys. We will do nothing for a few days again then come away with some good value buy's.

I like this quote (regarding Knighton but can be used generally on the guys we have lost)

You "win" free agency by signing guys like Knighton to a two-year, $4.5 million contract like John Elway did two years ago. You lose by signing Knighton -- a player with up-and-down motivation in his career -- to his next megadeal. -- Gregg Rosenthal

Regarding Franklin - No one gets overpaid in free agency quite like the solid interior guard in a thin market. Like a lot of offensive players, Franklin has looked better while playing with Peyton Manning. -- Gregg Rosenthal

Stay the course bro

You guys are making feel a little better about this. Even though Franklin could play is ZB system, we could probably find someone who could do as well for less. Then Franklin could go get paid where he can play to his own strengths.

I'm sure Kubiak and Elway know what they need in OL. I just hope they have some quality to pick from. That's my main concern with Franklin. Who do we get that will do at least as well? It's hard to say when the scheme is changing
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Not a dig at you because I get your point, but I think people (inlcluding me) have to step away and look at the big picture.

Who are we really losing............

Franklin..... a 'solid' and very replaceable guard... probably going to get 6-7 million a year. Way too much for him.

Moore........ a 'solid' middle of the road safety. If he comes back then fine but it not, meh

JT - Good RZ weapon but can't block for anything and is all about the money, plus is always injured

We have kept DT, Harris, and Von Miller. The important players. I think DT and Miller will get locked up. Better to spend on these players then the 'solid' over-paid ones.

VG will be a good player to keep.

Elway knows free agency. He won't over-pay for these guys. We will do nothing for a few days again then come away with some good value buy's.

I like this quote (regarding Knighton but can be used generally on the guys we have lost)

You "win" free agency by signing guys like Knighton to a two-year, $4.5 million contract like John Elway did two years ago. You lose by signing Knighton -- a player with up-and-down motivation in his career -- to his next megadeal. -- Gregg Rosenthal

Regarding Franklin - No one gets overpaid in free agency quite like the solid interior guard in a thin market. Like a lot of offensive players, Franklin has looked better while playing with Peyton Manning. -- Gregg Rosenthal

Stay the course bro
    I totally understand you bro, but this team has been a super bowl or bust team for a few years now and the players have even acknowledged such. Well, my point is if this isn't a super bowl or bust team, it's a somewhat of a building team then you have to move forward with the young QB. You don't have a 39 year old PM on your roster if you're not a super bowl or bust team imo. I dont see how it could be a super bowl or bust team anymore with losing all of these players and not being able to replace them with at least equal quality players. In the end I'll always trust Elway and roll with the punches, but that don't mean I won't gripe about it a little along the way.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

I will miss his attitude---Good luck Big O, thanks for everything

That said, he is not irreplaceable and I did not view him so much as a key keep player by himself. It worries more because I think it creates a 3rd hole to fill on the OL. But then this has only begun, we will see what John does next.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ement-in-place

The San Diego Chargers are poised to make another big move along their offensive line.

UT-San Diego reported Sunday that the Chargers are "unofficially done" with a deal to land free agent guard Orlando Franklin, according to a source. Fox Sports also confirmed the deal.

The news comes less than three weeks after the Chargers locked up left tackle King Dunlap with a four-year deal before he could reach free agency.

San Diego entered the offseason with work to do on the inside of their line. Longtime center Nick Hardwick retired and left guard Chad Rinehart struggled mightily after signing a two-year deal last March.

Franklin, 27, is coming off another strong season with the Broncos and is, along with Mike Iupati, at the top of the free-agent class at his position. He graded out on ProFootballFocus.com as the 13th-best guard in the league in 2014 (one spot ahead of Iupati), starting 16 games for the fourth time in five seasons.

Franklin also has the ability to play right tackle, giving San Diego more options as they re-work their front. If the Chargers get this deal done, they are off to a smart start to their offseason.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Franklin was very hot-headed. Getting dumb penalties that hurt us and had to have players restrain him consistently from getting more penalties. Hope he continues that in San Diego and he causes alot of 15 yard mistakes..

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I totally understand you bro, but this team has been a super bowl or bust team for a few years now and the players have even acknowledged such. Well, my point is if this isn't a super bowl or bust team, it's a somewhat of a building team then you have to move forward with the young QB. You don't have a 39 year old PM on your roster if you're not a super bowl or bust team imo. I dont see how it could be a super bowl or bust team anymore with losing all of these players and not being able to replace them with at least equal quality players. In the end I'll always trust Elway and roll with the punches, but that don't mean I won't gripe about it a little along the way.
    I don't think losing any of these players changes the mentality. Thomas leaving means we will just run more or give dt more chances in the redzone. Franklin is good, but you can get equal production from a much cheaper player in the zone scheme. Schofield and paradis, even garland are much better suited for the zone scheme. Knighton hurts, but wade has usually received good play from smaller lesser known defensive tackles in his scheme. Moore was good for us, but Webster has a better physical skillset. Green will be the biggest loss if we lose him.

With the holes we seem to have on this team, elway put together a great coaching staff to maximize the talents of "lesser" players in the new schemes. Sign Langford, Kendricks, Parnell, and Derrick Morgan to go with a solid draft and we will still be a top team.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2h 2 hours ago
    When it gets done, Orlando Franklin's 5-year deal with Chargers expected to come in close to $36.5 million with $20M guaranteed, per sources

7.3 per year, seems like a lot but the chargers certainly need the help. hope he is worth it!

Can I officially call him big stupid without getting an infraction now?

Good for Franklin. He gets paid and the Bolts get a player-- that is what FA is all about.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif