Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fear the Walking Dead

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...asons-20150310

Show will be titled either Cobalt or Fear the Walking Dead and will take place in Los Angeles.

Season 1 to premiere this summer on AMC for 6 episodes with an already confirmed season 2 for 2016.

When the title becomes official I wouldn't mind if Mods please changed the title of this thread.

I don't really have time for a new show and already temporarily passed on the Breaking Bad spinoff.

But these both going at the same time may have to be a must see.

Can we get this retitled to

Fear the Walking Dead

And then it will be ready for when the season starts in a couple of months.

6 episodes?

Don't plan to get to fat n happy on those slim pickins

I haven't followed the walking dead but I know it's VERY popular. I bet people won't be happy about such a small taste.

These stations need to give the fans what they want. Give the shows a real season. If it's failing halfway through -- stipulate in the deal to protect themselves. But this riding the fence at the fan's expense doesn't make sense. Swing for the fences - don't turtle up with a half-hearted effort.

But don't let me rain on your parade. It might tease you just like it's supposed to. I'm actually have the same issue with the Breaking Bad spin-off. It's a mere 8 episodes. Season just started and it's over on Monday. Don't blink - you'll miss it. OR ....... don't worry about it and just on-demand the whole season in an afternoon.

One of these stations will buck the trend one day with 6 month season - or heck maybe even year round. The fans will be happy, the networks and artists will make bank and the world will turn with more smiles.

Hope it turns out great though - I wouldn't mind another quality program. Maybe it'll be like CSI did. CSI Miami CSI NY CSI ETC
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Well actually they are only doing 6 episodes to copy what Walking Dead did in its first season.

This spinoff is already signed on for two years. I don't think they are that worried it will fail.

But I prefer 10-13 episode seasons. You can keep up with more shows that way.

Arrow and flash do year round 22-24 episode seasons on CW. I love those shows but most of the time I find myself wishing the seasons were over by the 16th episode.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well actually they are only doing 6 episodes to copy what Walking Dead did in its first season.

This spinoff is already signed on for two years. I don't think they are that worried it will fail.

But I prefer 10-13 episode seasons. You can keep up with more shows that way.

Arrow and flash do year round 22-24 episode seasons on CW. I love those shows but most of the time I find myself wishing the seasons were over by the 16th episode.
    Arrow may drag some in places, but I can't agree with that in relation to the flash. I've never seen a show manage to one up the last episode as consistently as they have. Even the filler episodes with baddie of the week manage to be awesome because A. They have fantastic villains and B. They are constantly advancing the overarching story arc even when it isn't the focus of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Arrow may drag some in places, but I can't agree with that in relation to the flash. I've never seen a show manage to one up the last episode as consistently as they have. Even the filler episodes with baddie of the week manage to be awesome because A. They have fantastic villains and B. They are constantly advancing the overarching story arc even when it isn't the focus of the episode.
    Yeah I guess I was really referring more to Arrow and Gotham being that long. I do pretty much look forward to the flash every week.

But my main point was I don't think Fear the Walking dead is afraid of bad ratings. I'm not sure AMC can fail on a show right now.

I think the 6 episodes is merely to pay homage to the history of Walking Dead.

My question is will this show always be in the summer while walking dead is off air? Or will season 2 maybe air in the spring during walking deads spring half? Or even delay all the way till the start of walking dead season 7.

I kind of like the idea of one or the other almost always on. But I think I also like the idea of a Sunday evening filled with both. But I'll have to wait and see if this is even going to be any good.

So is anyone else going to watch the spinoff series?

Starts Sunday night and I can't wait.

I'll give it a try.... Looks good
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I'll give it a try.... Looks good
    Yeah I watched the first 3 minute clip over on IGN and it looks like it will be intense.

Obviously not an original idea but I like the fresh faces and story. So I may end up liking it more than The Walking Dead.

I like that they're going to start the show from the very beginning of the "outbreak" and show how it affected people.

My one big complaint from the original was Rick waking up in the hospital seemed like it ripped off the film 28 Days Later.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    I like that they're going to start the show from the very beginning of the "outbreak" and show how it affected people.

My one big complaint from the original was Rick waking up in the hospital seemed like it ripped off the film 28 Days Later.
    I don't know for sure they are doing that. Ign shows the first three minutes of Sunday's episodes and it appears to somewhat be the same thing occur for the character just on the other side of the country.

Man id hate to be in LA when the outbreak starts. Youd have virtually better chances of winning the lottery than surviving and making it out.

Makes me all the more happy that i live in the mountains. In all these movies, i have yet to see zombies run or do well in snow
    Glen Haven Fire

I'm enjoying it so far. People are complaining the pilot was too slow, well a show has to start somewhere. It started to really get intense at the end. This is going to be the perfect companion show

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Really enjoyed the pilot. I will be very interested to see where they take this, where the storyline goes and how the characters develop.

This show will finally give the perfect stage for Cliff Curtis to go out and show everyone that he is an elite actor.

Loooved it. Been asking for a prologue episode on twd for a while now and we get a full series.

Cant wait to see the rest !

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.