Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is this Mannings last run at it?

I think it is, there is to much on the line next offseason with Von and D.T. up on contracts. I just don't think Elway brings Manning back unless we win the Super Bowl this year.

I like the approach to this offseason so far considering the two guys we have to resign next year.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

I agree that this is probably it for him. However, I'm still hopeful that D.T. will be given a contract before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Is this Mannings last run at it?
    No, last year was.

I'd like to step in early in this thread. We have had other threads concerning Manning. Two of them have been closed. They have all had to be cleaned numerous times by numerous mods.

Want to keep this one open?

Don't want to get any IPs?

Respect each other. Everyone is allowed to have their opinions without being attacked. Resort to name-calling/fighting, you will hear from us.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I'd like to step in early in this thread. We have had other threads concerning Manning. Two of them have been closed. They have all had to be cleaned numerous times by numerous mods.

Want to keep this one open?

Don't want to get any IPs?

Respect each other. Everyone is allowed to have their opinions without being attacked. Resort to name-calling/fighting, you will hear from us.

Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    Probably. It's hard to say how much of his late-season slump was injury, and how much was natural and expected decline. (If you find anyone who claims to know, he's almost certainly lying to you, and probably lying to himself. If he attributes 100% of the slump to either injury or natural decline, he's even more suspect. And if he feels qualified to speculate on Manning's intangibles, you should probably put him on your ignore list immediately.) At the optimistic end of the spectrum, it's not unreasonable to think that the best passer in NFL history might have one more season after this one. At the pessimistic end, it's not unreasonable to think he may have lost the throwing velocity necessary to give effect to his uncanny ability to read a defense, or that he may have suffered too much cumulative wear and tear to make it through the 19-20 games the Broncos will need from him to win a championship.

If it's me making the prediction, I doubt Manning will be able to play at a level that he's satisfied with after this year. He won't have to be cut if he's not up to snuff; he'll retire on his own. But there's a wide range of possibilities here, and I'm not foolish enough to tell you I know what will happen. Let's see it play out.
    Good break down, I have some feelings about him coming back this year but I will keep them to myself to avoid conflict. My concern is next year and keeping our guys. Lost to many this off-season but was unavoidable.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

There's the logical fallacy argument that says, "If he wasn't able to get it done with a younger body and superior roster in 2012, 2013, or 2014, how is it going to happen in 2015?" Fortunately, pro sports aren't always logical. A better offensive line is crucial, a 1,500-yard running back is crucial, and a defense that comes through with key stops is crucial.

A healthy unit in '13 may have been his best shot. Once we lost Clady, though, that may have been it.

I'll reserve judgment until after the 2015 season is over. All I know is that Manning will play in 2015. When analyzing anything, I always ask myself this question: "Exactly what do I see here?" Haven't seen it, so I don't know.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

He has a new 2 year contract. He'll fulfill it.

I think his decision to play out his contract will depend on how well the Kubiak/Manning offense works. If the two can work together and have a good offense and Manning doesn't have any major setbacks he will play the following year.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

I also think it will be his last run. It is very hard to tell how much of last years crash was the quad injury, normal age arm strength degeneration, poor offensive coaching, or defenses following the new blueprint for how to defeat his unique read and audible style...or maybe it was just the perfect storm of all those things happening at once. Either way, Peyton is an immobile sitting duck in the pocket and that will not improve. His lack of mobility and risk of injury will only increase and I just don't think he has 2 seasons physically left in him.

I think it also comes down to whether Koob/Dennison can find ways to protect and keep him healthy and use his skills to complement an effective running game. The days of riding Peyton to the #1 seed or super bowl are over...just as in Elway's twilight career, the team around him must step up rather than stand around waiting for him to win the game single handed. I think we can go far next season with a stronger, more focused team around Peyton but as for the season after that...I just seriously doubt his body can take another 2 seasons.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weefishy View Post
    He has a new 2 year contract. He'll fulfill it.
    God help us if you are right....

I think Elway is building it as this is the last run. To play beyond 2015 is pushing it, and I don't see even Manning beating Father Time.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I'll reserve judgment until after the 2015 season is over. All I know is that Manning will play in 2015. When analyzing anything, I always ask myself this question: "Exactly what do I see here?" Haven't seen it, so I don't know.
    Lol, so what your saying is, your not sure what your thoughts are on this topic but they may have meaning even though your not sure you ever really thought about the question but you may or may not agree?? Got it..

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!
    CP to ya when I can..

Pretty much