Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Antonio gates suspended 4 games for PEDs

4 games for PEDS

Link

"In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails. I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and never taken any substance that was illegal or banned by the NFL.

“In an effort to recover from a long season and although I was unaware at the time, I regret to confirm that I tested positive for a substance that is currently on the NFL banned substance list. As an NFL veteran and team leader, I should have done my due diligence to ensure that what I was taking for recovery was within the NFL guidelines. I have always believed that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to these issues, and I take full responsibility for my actions.

“I’d like to express my sincere apologies to the Chargers, my teammates, coaches, fans and the league who have always supported me and expected and gotten nothing but the highest level of integrity from me."

http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/07...four-games-nfl

He looked sincere in his apology.....

Who didn't get popped for PEDs today?

Seems like half of the NFL got a 4 game suspension today.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

take that half of the NFL!!!!!!

( not our team, right? )
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Antonio Gates vs. Tom Brady: <ding, ding, ding>

Gates: "I should have done my due diligence to ensure that what I was taking for recovery was within the NFL guidelines. I have always believed that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to these issues, and I take full responsibility for my actions."

Brady: "I feel like I've always played within the rules. ... I would never do anything outside the rules of play."

Gates: “I’d like to express my sincere apologies to the Chargers, my teammates, coaches, fans and the league who have always supported me and expected and gotten nothing but the highest level of integrity from me."

Brady: "I'm very disappointed we have to be having a press conference like this. I wish I could give you more answers or the answers that you were looking for."

A winner, by a nose, Tom Brady.

By all accounts Gates has been clean throughout his entire career. He'll go down as one the best to play the position. He's earned the benefit of the doubt that this was an honest mistake. A very minor blemish on an outstanding career.

Its a good thing the bolts have the best deepest te roster.... am i right baprod

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Antonio Gates vs. Tom Brady: <ding, ding, ding>

Gates: "I should have done my due diligence to ensure that what I was taking for recovery was within the NFL guidelines. I have always believed that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to these issues, and I take full responsibility for my actions."

Brady: "I feel like I've always played within the rules. ... I would never do anything outside the rules of play."

Gates: “I’d like to express my sincere apologies to the Chargers, my teammates, coaches, fans and the league who have always supported me and expected and gotten nothing but the highest level of integrity from me."

Brady: "I'm very disappointed we have to be having a press conference like this. I wish I could give you more answers or the answers that you were looking for."

A winner, by a nose, Tom Brady.
    I see what you did there.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Hate it for the guy...getting old and cant handle it I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Who didn't get popped for PEDs today?

Seems like half of the NFL got a 4 game suspension today.
    It was refreshing to not see a Bronco in negative headlines for a change.
    [

This one hurt, makes me wonder about his "resurgence" here in his later years. This will certainly cast a shadow over his career in my book. I think it's within the realm of possibility he takes the TE TD record from Tony González (please correct me if I'm wrong with links and #'s for CP) this year even with the suspension... Kinda hope he doesn't now.

Such a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
    This one hurt, makes me wonder about his "resurgence" here in his later years. This will certainly cast a shadow over his career in my book. I think it's within the realm of possibility he takes the TE TD record from Tony González (please correct me if I'm wrong with links and #'s for CP) this year even with the suspension... Kinda hope he doesn't now.

Such a shame...
    6. Tony Gonzalez 111 1997-2013
    Antonio Gates (34) 99 2003-2014

It's close.

link

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    It was refreshing to not see a Bronco in negative headlines for a change.
    No kidding! Every time I see that red ticker announcing BREAKING NEWS my heart stops for a minute praying it's not about any of our guys. Whew!

yeah this sucks, gates is one of my favorite chargers players of all time! but i have always said, every team cheats and has players that cheat.

at least he manned up and admitted it, which many players definitely do not do when they get caught.