Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=58Miller;5169687]]
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post

Well now I know! Thank you
    lol

Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

its funny how after they signed Stevie Johnson today, he said one of the reasons he chose SD over NE is he always wanted to play with rivers

he may never get that chance......

Welcome Back! #85

Is this some kind of masterplan by the Chargers? To get a young QB and start developing him now to take over the division after Manning leaves? Because that's what the Raiders are doing already with Carr. Rivers will be 34 years old this season and may soon enter his decline stage. I believe the Chargers can win the division with Rivers after Manning is out, and a 33-34-year-old QB like Rivers can still be effective for 3 or 4 years. Getting rid of him would certainly look like a long-term plan to get a younger QB ready to win the division for many years while the Broncos scramble to find their own QB.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Is this some kind of masterplan by the Chargers? To get a young QB and start developing him now to take over the division after Manning leaves? Because that's what the Raiders are doing already with Carr. Rivers will be 34 years old this season and may soon enter his decline stage. I believe the Chargers can win the division with Rivers after Manning is out, and a 33-34-year-old QB like Rivers can still be effective for 3 or 4 years. Getting rid of him would certainly look like a long-term plan to get a younger QB ready to win the division for many years while the Broncos scramble to find their own QB.
    the chargers want to sign him, rivers isn't having it apparently.

Welcome Back! #85

Meh what ever. They will or wont have him..he is a non factor either way
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/...chargers-acee/

i don't blame him, i wouldn't want to live in smell A either. going to suck if we end up without a QB, now it makes sense why they are looking at mariota, this is getting crazy.

stupid chargers!
    Told ya so

If he plays out his contract, I could see him retiring, honestly. If it were me, I would retire if all things were equal.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Told ya so

If he plays out his contract, I could see him retiring, honestly. If it were me, I would retire if all things were equal.
    yes, kish had inside information and knew all along!

i don't think he wants to retire man, if you read the quotes.

“The last time we talked was so close to the end of last season, and I was pretty banged up,” Rivers said. “It was more of the notion of I don’t know how much longer I want to do this. That was one of the scenarios. That has left, and I’m excited. I feel like I have a lot of good years left.”
    i honestly think he just doesn't want to be a charger anymore. there is a lot of uncertainty in SD right now in terms of moving the franchise to LA and if he truly doesn't want to play in LA, i honestly can't blame him.

maybe he also doesn't like the direction the team is going? there are a lot of scenarios but it seems retirement isn't one of them at this point.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Meh what ever. They will or wont have him..he is a non factor either way
    yeah, losing your starting QB is a non factor.....makes perfect sense!

Welcome Back! #85

P Rivers gives the Chargers the best chance to win.

He's a solid QB and the Chargers would be crazy to let
    him go.

[QUOTE=Houshmazode;5169679]
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Phillip would love Tennessee, a lot of access to BOLO ties![/QUOTE
    Bolo ties are more native to New Mexico, and Colorado somewhat.
    Ben Nighthorse Campbell wore them in the U.S. Senate, if I'm not mistaken.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I don't think it will impact things around here in SD too much; the weather's been real nice. When asked, most people said, "Rivers, who?"
    Felipe Rios de Lagrimas
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

it is possible but people are saying they might try to trade him to the titans for their #2 pick so they can get mariota.
    Straight up?

The number 2 pick is pretty valuable. I mean Rivers is really good, but aging and only has a year left on his contract. I would imagine SD would need to sweeten the deal a bit?
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Wow. Watch him come to Denver after Peyton retires. Phil does the city and its fans and Elway has looked for someone with some experience.
    It'd be funnier still if he came to Denver and immediately won a ring after years of trying in the land of ringless wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfChaos View Post
    Straight up?

The number 2 pick is pretty valuable. I mean Rivers is really good, but aging and only has a year left on his contract. I would imagine SD would need to sweeten the deal a bit?
    Yea like their first round pick, rivers and at least a 3rd rounder...

Rivers isn't worth the second overall pick in the draft by a longshot. In his prime sure, but he isn't in his prime anymore.

Highly unlikely trade scenario....
    The Chargers would have to give up far too much to make this happen. If the Titans want a QB they can have one with their number 2 pick.

I do believe the Titans will trade out of the pick, but the Chargers dont have what it would take.