Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

rivers may be gone before manning

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/...chargers-acee/

Philip Rivers isn’t contemplating retirement anymore.

But he also isn’t thinking about a contract extension with the Chargers. Not the San Diego Chargers, and almost certainly not the Los Angeles Chargers.

Asked on Tuesday if he thinks he will play his current contract out rather than agreeing to extend the deal that ends after the upcoming season, Rivers said, “Yes.”

Asked if he envisioned any circumstance causing him to reconsider, he said, “Honestly, nothing.”

He remains interested in seeing how the roster is built and has an eye on the stadium issue.

“What I can control and all I know as of today, I am signed up for one more year,” he said. “I guess things could change, but with all the uncertainty in many aspects, I don’t see it changing before camp gets here, and when camp gets here I’m even more certain to play it out.”
    i don't blame him, i wouldn't want to live in smell A either. going to suck if we end up without a QB, now it makes sense why they are looking at mariota, this is getting crazy.

stupid chargers!

How can we smack talk pink horse Baph about this? Its just not right....Oh things go from bad to worse in chargerland....we might never see noring again after this news...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Wow. Watch him come to Denver after Peyton retires. Phil does the city and its fans and Elway has looked for someone with some experience.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    How can we smack talk pink horse Baph about this? Its just not right....Oh things go from bad to worse in chargerland....we might never see noring again after this news...
    You really think so? He is taking a one way business trip!
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Wow. Watch him come to Denver after Peyton retires. Phil does the city and its fans and Elway has looked for someone with some experience.
    it is possible but people are saying they might try to trade him to the titans for their #2 pick so they can get mariota.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    it is possible but people are saying they might try to trade him to the titans for their #2 pick so they can get mariota.
    Phillip would love Tennessee, a lot of access to BOLO ties!
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

His contract is up after the 2015 so he would be free to go anywhere he chose after Manning dries out.

[QUOTE=58Miller;5169675]Phillip would love Tennessee, a lot of access to BOLO ties![/QUOTE
    Bolo ties are more native to New Mexico, and Colorado somewhat.

smack me and the chargers to high heaven for this, it's why i posted it

heck i may keep my sig and avi if this keeps up

Hooray, beer!

I don't think it will impact things around here in SD too much; the weather's been real nice. When asked, most people said, "Rivers, who?"

][QUOTE=Houshmazode;5169679]
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Phillip would love Tennessee, a lot of access to BOLO ties![/QUOTE
    Bolo ties are more native to New Mexico, and Colorado somewhat.

Well now I know! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    His contract is up after the 2015 so he would be free to go anywhere he chose after Manning dries out.
    yeah i know but i am saying they may trade him before this years draft. if you read the entire article, the writer asked telesco (chargers GM) if he was willing to trade rivers and he dodged the question.

i think rivers is most concerned about his family and where they will live, which is why the titans are a perfect match because its near where he grew up in Alabama and the titans have the #2 pick.

not only that but the head coach ken whisenhunt worked well with him in 2013. if rivers is allowed to just walk after the 2015 season, then yeah anything is possible.

no way does he get traded to Denver though

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    You really think so? He is taking a one way business trip!

smack me and the chargers to high heaven for this, it's why i posted it

heck i may keep my sig and avi if this keeps up
    With things going from bad to worse in sparkler-land, norings might just come back to join Baph in smacking themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I don't think it will impact things around here in SD too much; the weather's been real nice. When asked, most people said, "Rivers, who?"
    Or... "Rivers? Nah.. going surfing..."
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*