Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    Agreed. Almost too bad. Really like this RB class.
    But it is not like we do not already have a pretty good stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    But it is not like we do not already have a pretty good stable.
    I don't think it is not like we don't already have talent at that position. It simply has to do with how we chose to treat that position group. If as a team we chose to not place a high value on that position then we must continuously look to bring in new young talent who can backfill those backs which we let go. For example I expect Hillman to either be cut this year or be let go at the end of the season. That means that we need to be developing a replacement for his spot on the roster. Last season we let Moreno go and we had CJ & Juwan to backfill tow voids in that position group. Unless we start signing some guys to extensions or better contracts we will always need to have this approach.

I am hoping that Elway continues to draft the BPA in the first round and a RB MIGHT be the BPA at that point.
    We have talent at the position but nothing special there. Ball & Hillman has been a big disappointments IMO Having our top two RB's both being UDFA should tell us something???
    If we don't draft a RB in the first, I would not be surprised to get one on the second day, CJ is fairly good but I think we could use another. Remember, Elway couldn't take us all the way until we drafted Davis!

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I am hoping that Elway continues to draft the BPA in the first round and a RB MIGHT be the BPA at that point.
    We have talent at the position but nothing special there. Ball & Hillman has been a big disappointments IMO Having our top two RB's both being UDFA should tell us something???
    If we don't draft a RB in the first, I would not be surprised to get one on the second day, CJ is fairly good but I think we could use another. Remember, Elway couldn't take us all the way until we drafted Davis!
    The issue here is with the ZBS a premier name at the RB position is not necessary for a RB to have success. Look at the backs when the Broncos were running the system that were having such success. Very few were from premium picks and none of them were 1st round guys. Same for Houston when Kubiak was there and same when he was in Baltimore in he was able to take unknown guys and turn them into household names. So I guess to me I would rather see us invest in the OL if anything in the 1st as RB has been a position that just seems to find success for most RB's that play in the system. Throw in we have a guy like Ball that this is exactly what he thrived with doing in college in making the 1-cut and go.

The draft is to add players, talent. Free agency is for need.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Don't know much about him but if we look for a safety early we would want a center field type.
    Collins can play deep or in the box, he is a complete safety with size, speed and coverage skills. I doubt he will be there at #28.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I have always loved him, and would love the signing. I don't think he will be there though. I think either, SD, Arizona, or even Baltimore may take him.

Another guy or 2 I would take if they fell is Mariota and Gregory. There are rumors both could tumble in the draft. With needs in both areas, I would run to the podium if either became available at our pick.

I would enjoy Melvin Gordon, who reminds me of Arian Foster. Gordon would certainly have to be a 1st-rounder. Gurley is also supposed to be good, but I never saw him run much.

Foster was an RFA. Kubiak's highest RB pick was late 2nd-rounder Ben Tate. So, it would be atypical of Kubiak to pick a RB in the first round.