Thread: Mountain West

Mountain West

Sounds like UNM is going from a 3-4 to a 3-3-5 D for 2015. That will make two MWC teams with the 3-3-5, UNM and San Diego State.

UNM signed a junior college QB, Austin Apodaca, who played HS ball in Longmont. He was recruited to Washington State before going to Mesa CC.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

11-15-15

Albertsons Stadium

Boise, Idaho

UNM 31, Boise State 24

Air Force eliminated Boise State from contending for the Mountain Division title last night. UNM plays CSU today and Air Force a week from today, and is at home for both games. We shall see.

CSU matches up well against NM. NM and AF run similar offensive attacks. Look what CSU did to AF, the leader of the mountain division, this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    CSU matches up well against NM. NM and AF run similar offensive attacks. Look what CSU did to AF, the leader of the mountain division, this year.
    It should be a good game.

When I watched the game last night, Air Force ran mostly from the Flex Bone with the QB under, but used some other formations as well. UNM runs their Triple Option from Pistol/Gun in a variety of formations. They are both Triple Option, but run differently.

If UNM can defeat CSU today, next week's game with Air Force will determine the Mountain Division winner. UNM was a 20 point underdog at home to Utah State who defeated CSU. UNM was a 30 point underdog on the road at Boise State who defeated CSU. Today they are 2 point underdogs at home. We'll see what happens.

UNM has been using two QBs lately. One of them is Austin Apodaca, from Silver Creek HS in Longmont. He's the passer. Lamar Jordan is the Option guy. They both throw and run.

Goooo RAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sounds like UNM is going from a 3-4 to a 3-3-5 D for 2015. That will make two MWC teams with the 3-3-5, UNM and San Diego State.

UNM signed a junior college QB, Austin Apodaca, who played HS ball in Longmont. He was recruited to Washington State before going to Mesa CC.
    I remember reading about Apodaca in the Longmont newspaper when I was living there. Good athlete.

My dad played basketball at Longmont high too in the 70s. He played basketball and baseball at Yavapie.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

That was the lowest scoring offensive battle I've ever seen. But Go Rams!!!! Bowling for 3 straight years

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    That was the lowest scoring offensive battle I've ever seen. But Go Rams!!!! Bowling for 3 straight years
    Congrats to the Rams who are now bowl eligible! The Lobos had their chances, but couldn't get it done. They are bowl eligible, too, having their first winning season under Bob Davie. Also, congrats to the Air Force Falcons on winning the Mountain Division. Looks like they will play San Diego State in the Conference Championship game.