Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A battle royal at RB

Last edited by Peanut; 04-07-2015 at 12:03 AM.

job is CJs to lose

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    job is CJs to lose
    Absolutely. With his passion and play last year he is the #1 back going in to training camp. I think Hillman is #2 and the real battle between Thompson and Ball for Anderson's backup. Preseason will determine that but my money is leaning toward Thompson at this point.

Battle royal? CJ is mopping up. There is no battle here. He's one of the best we've had in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Absolutely. With his passion and play last year he is the #1 back going in to training camp. I think Hillman is #2 and the real battle between Thompson and Ball for Anderson's backup. Preseason will determine that but my money is leaning toward Thompson at this point.
    I think the ranking behind CJ is still very much up in the air. All 3 have qualities that will make them fit one way or other. Kubiak as generally ridden 1 RB and not much of a committee. I believe the same will happen here. CJ will get the bulk of the carries and the rest of guys will fight for scraps and will depend on production.

It absolutely will be a battle. Montee Ball was bread for this scheme we are running. Until we changed our blocking scheme, play calling and players, including re-shuffling the Oline, multiple times, and adding in another te to block we couldnt run for jack.

CJ is the starter and he has proven exactly as much as Montee has proven. Both performed admirably at the end of their respective years.

Ball by all acounts will be the backup unless he takes the job from CJ. It is possible.

Hillman, is the worst fit for this scheme. He is the worst runner out of them all. He will be battling for 3rd with JT...I think Hillman will get it just because he is quicker, but JT is also a much better fit.

This is going to be an extremely fun battle between RBs. I cant wait for camp and I cant wait to see what Rookie RB we bring in does as well as what Bibbs can do.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

You guys don't see Kubes keeping CJ, Hillman, and Ball while using Thompson as our FB?

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    It absolutely will be a battle. Montee Ball was bread for this scheme we are running. Until we changed our blocking scheme, play calling and players, including re-shuffling the Oline, multiple times, and adding in another te to block we couldnt run for jack.

CJ is the starter and he has proven exactly as much as Montee has proven. Both performed admirably at the end of their respective years.

Ball by all acounts will be the backup unless he takes the job from CJ. It is possible.

Hillman, is the worst fit for this scheme. He is the worst runner out of them all. He will be battling for 3rd with JT...I think Hillman will get it just because he is quicker, but JT is also a much better fit.

This is going to be an extremely fun battle between RBs. I cant wait for camp and I cant wait to see what Rookie RB we bring in does as well as what Bibbs can do.
    Don't get your hopes up because it's pretty unlikely we bring in any more backs.

CJ is the starter, no battle will be had, and none needs to be had.

This is not a 'battle'. We really have 3-average backs and one capable one that is determined and driven. Sometimes it seems to me some make it out like we have 4-Adrian Petersons or ahem 4 of the guys that went to Green Bay we passed over for Ball; what was his name? Lacy something? We have CJ and 3 other guys that were better than everyone else in camp-- which is not saying much.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    You guys don't see Kubes keeping CJ, Hillman, and Ball while using Thompson as our FB?
    It's possible but Kubiak generally uses a much bigger FB.

The recent past has not been kind to our projected starter at RB. We can go back to McGahee being signed as a veteran complement and then taking the job from Moreno. Hillman entered an offseason as the starter and lost his job. The same happened to Ball. A lot of things can happen. We may even add an UDFA like C.J. Anderson himself and find another gem. With a bunch of late-round picks, I won't be surprised if we add a RB through the draft.

I hope Juwan Thompson stays at RB, he's looked good there with 5.0 YPC. As for the FB, I'm surprised we have not added an experienced guy to compete with Duncan. All we have is this unproven kid trying a new position. Looks like we will search for a FB in the draft, but there are so many free agents out there. All teams that have recently won the Super Bowl had a FB on the roster.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Don't get your hopes up because it's pretty unlikely we bring in any more backs.

CJ is the starter, no battle will be had, and none needs to be had.
    We have ten draft picks. I would bet money on us using one of them on a running back.

It is CJ's job to lose, but there will be fair competition. However, if you look at Kubiak's track record with RB's you can't rule anyone out ahead of training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It's possible but Kubiak generally uses a much bigger FB.
    Really? Reuben Droughns was a FB (though not a starter) before Shanny used him as a halfback and they're about the same build.

I'm hoping we keep all 4. I really liked Hillman's speed agains the 49ers and I loved how Thompson ran it as well. TBH, Ball is my least fave at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    The recent past has not been kind to our projected starter at RB. We can go back to McGahee being signed as a veteran complement and then taking the job from Moreno. Hillman entered an offseason as the starter and lost his job. The same happened to Ball. A lot of things can happen. We may even add an UDFA like C.J. Anderson himself and find another gem. With a bunch of late-round picks, I won't be surprised if we add a RB through the draft.

I hope Juwan Thompson stays at RB, he's looked good there with 5.0 YPC. As for the FB, I'm surprised we have not added an experienced guy to compete with Duncan. All we have is this unproven kid trying a new position. Looks like we will search for a FB in the draft, but there are so many free agents out there. All teams that have recently won the Super Bowl had a FB on the roster.
    That was obviously due to they terribly incompetent Fox coaching staff

So have we decided that Montee is a washout? 1st the fumble problems, then the injury...surely his shot isn't yet over but after coming out of college the TD leader, his performance has been mostly disappointing. I'd love to see him fulfill his expectations but I think it's this year or bust.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!