Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Uh their production has been crap man. Not sure how injuries would make the team much worse.
    Cargo and Tulo are very good defensively. If they go down, their replacements will never make that up and the record get get much more catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Cargo and Tulo are very good defensively. If they go down, their replacements will never make that up and the record get get much more catastrophic.
    Tulo is. But he still hasn't been gold glove good in a couple of years.

Cargo on the other hand I was reading where he has been declining in the outfield. The article I read specifically said buyer beware on a trade for him.

But this team is never going to allow less than 5 runs a game. So again I see the defensive loss as not a big impact. It would be the offensive production and this year it's just not that big of a loss on either of them

Tulo is. But he still hasn't been gold glove good in a couple of years.

Cargo on the other hand I was reading where he has been declining in the outfield. The article I read specifically said buyer beware on a trade for him.

But this team is never going to allow less than 5 runs a game. So again I see the defensive loss as not a big impact. It would be the offensive production and this year it's just not that big of a loss on either of them
    This pitching is so bad that even at full strength they will lose 90 games. Add in Tulo and Cargo being out and their replacements playing an extended amount of time, and 90 goes to 100 pretty quick.

This pitching is so bad that even at full strength they will lose 90 games. Add in Tulo and Cargo being out and their replacements playing an extended amount of time, and 90 goes to 100 pretty quick.
    Like I said yesterday if you are so confident put a CP bet on it. I'm 100% confident they will not lose 100.

Again this is not a milestone that teams just reach with ease. Only a handful of bad teams in history lose 100 games in a season. The Rockies aren't even the worst team this year let alone one of the worst in history.

You gotta lay off the pessimistic predictions a little bit.

Arenado is a flat animal. That is all

Arenado is a flat animal. That is all
    By far our best player and a player we need to build around

Rockies now have a winning record on the road, but suck at home.

How about that.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Rockies now have a winning record on the road, but suck at home.

How about that.
    I noticed that today too. But to be fair the home schedule has been much tougher than the road schedule.

I mean we just took 2 of 3 from Cincy who had lost 9 straight before beating us. Then swept the Phillies who are terrible.

Also the Rockies are on pace to finish 74-88. I know I wasn't debating you. But I'll use this post to remind Bronco51 that this is why I don't buy 110 losses for a minute.

I noticed that today too. But to be fair the home schedule has been much tougher than the road schedule.

I mean we just took 2 of 3 from Cincy who had lost 9 straight before beating us. Then swept the Phillies who are terrible.

Also the Rockies are on pace to finish 74-88. I know I wasn't debating you. But I'll use this post to remind Bronco51 that this is why I don't buy 110 losses for a minute.
    I agree with you, 110 losses is like historically bad. Even with terrible pitching our lineup and D is worth at least 70-75 wins, imo.

Hooray, beer!

If I said they would lose 110, you might have a point, but that wasn't me. My tops is 100 if the injury bug hits.

If I said they would lose 110, you might have a point, but that wasn't me. My tops is 100 if the injury bug hits.
    You're right. It was darryn16 who hasn't been back in since he said it.

I forgot because you and I debated about it due to injuries. So I apologize.

But you did say 100 losses and I'll CP bet that doesn't happen either.

Rox with their first sweep ever in Philly! 4 in a row, like what I'm seeing. One game at a tine.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Rox with their first sweep ever in Philly! 4 in a row, like what I'm seeing. One game at a tine.
    Yeah the big test is trying to win at home now against an elite team in the Dodgers. Back to my point yesterday about the road schedule being easier.

But we just took 2 of 3 in L.A. Taking another series against them is a step closer to .500 again.

Sad that by June my goals are .500.

Drew had a great point About the 2009 season this morning.

Go look at our record leading up to that June. I believe it was 20 - 29

Hooray, beer!

Yeah the big test is trying to win at home now against an elite team in the Dodgers. Back to my point yesterday about the road schedule being easier.

But we just took 2 of 3 in L.A. Taking another series against them is a step closer to .500 again.

Sad that by June my goals are .500.
    That's all im hoping for at this point too! Just get to 500.
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."