Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I noticed that today too. But to be fair the home schedule has been much tougher than the road schedule.

I mean we just took 2 of 3 from Cincy who had lost 9 straight before beating us. Then swept the Phillies who are terrible.

Also the Rockies are on pace to finish 74-88. I know I wasn't debating you. But I'll use this post to remind Bronco51 that this is why I don't buy 110 losses for a minute.
    Broncos51 didn't say that. I did.
    I'm happy to eat the proverbial crow at this point. Go Rox!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Drew had a great point About the 2009 season this morning.

Go look at our record leading up to that June. I believe it was 20 - 29
    That's exactly what I have been thinking lately with the win streak. However there was a coaching change that a lot of players attributed to the drastic change that season. I don't think we are going to be seeing Walt fired tomorrow.

Either way sub .500 in May does not end anyone's season.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Drew had a great point About the 2009 season this morning.

Go look at our record leading up to that June. I believe it was 20 - 29
    Yeah, but since that season they have averaged 94 losses a year. That seems to be about as good as they will be any given season with this ownership and manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Yeah, but since that season they have averaged 94 losses a year. That seems to be about as good as they will be any given season with this ownership and manager.
    Just be patient. Maybe they'll surprise us. In 07 they were 74-70 at the start of September. And we all know where that wound up.

Or maybe they'll get swept by the Dodgers since they hate playing at home and we'll all be bashing them again by midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Just be patient. Maybe they'll surprise us. In 07 they were 74-70 at the start of September. And we all know where that wound up.

Or maybe they'll get swept by the Dodgers since they hate playing at home and we'll all be bashing them again by midweek.
    I have had season tix since day 1. Patience isn't needed here. They are what they are. They have admitted as much.

We'll see what happens but im done getting too excited over a little winning streak. Our pitching has been better but how long will that last? Our bats are still not where they should be at. Oh well. Go Rox!

Kyle Kendrick is a complete bum. That is all

Arenado!!!!! Such a beast

Arenado is why I say the Rockies will be fine even if Cargo/Tulo go down.

Especially if it's Cargo.

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    We'll see what happens but im done getting too excited over a little winning streak. Our pitching has been better but how long will that last? Our bats are still not where they should be at. Oh well. Go Rox!
    Winning streak over. They just can't seem to be able to beat the Dodgers........

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Winning streak over. They just can't seem to be able to beat the Dodgers........
    Except they just took 2 of 3 in L.A. 2 weeks ago. So.....

It's more like they can't beat teams at home. And yeah last night was a bit of return to earth for us. But I still don't know why Kendrick remains on this roster.

And we just beat L.A. now

Just got back from the game and.......well, there's nothing to say about that.

How on earth do you give up a grand slam up 3 in the 9th? Walk him betancourt. Don't hang a pitch.

And Weiss blows another game for the rockies. This team might be a possible .500 team (probably not) if they had a good manager. Weiss is the worst manager the Rockies have had since Buddy Bell (maybe worse).

I would kill to have Hurdle or Tracy back.