Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    I smell Rocktober...I know we are only 8 games in!

ARENADO!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

The best feeling all year is beating the Giants. A sweep would be amazing in their house.

Pitching and hitting on the road........who are these guys? I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they are winning the way I have been screaming for for years. Who knows if this will continue, but doing the fundamentals well is what this team has been lacking for a loooong time. Keep it up guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The Brewers are going to be terrible this year though.

Pirates were 0-3 and went in and clobbered them in Milwaukee yesterday. So they are 0-4 to start the year and haven't even been on the road yet.

And Garza is far from a quality starter. One of the most overrated in the game if you ask me.

Can't really bash the Giants schedule and then act like we have played a gauntlet.

I'm stoked to be 4-0 and I believe if healthy we can be a dark horse. But that doesn't change the fact that we have had a cupcake schedule to begin the season.
    What I've seen from the Giants I guess we still haven't played anyone. The Nationals on paper suppose to be the best team in the NL but they are 2-6, so maybe nobody knows right now. I do agree with what your saying, I guess I'm a little over excited for baseball since the Nuggets season has been over since the Broncos playoff loss in January
    I hope we keep winning, two road series wins so far wish we could have that loss back against the Cubs but if not for that game Weiss doesn't make the move to Ottavino as our closer.
    I'm gonna enjoy it while it last.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 04-15-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    What I've seen from the Giants I guess we still haven't played anyone. The Nationals on paper suppose to be the best team in the NL but they are 2-6, so maybe nobody knows right now. I do agree with what your saying, I guess I'm a little over excited for baseball since the Nuggets season has been over since the Broncos playoff loss in January
    I hope we keep winning, two road series wins so far wish we could have that loss back against the Cubs but if not for that game Weiss doesn't make the move to Ottavino as our closer.
    So don't take my criticism too harsh. I was merely saying that you can't bash someone else's schedule and pretend like ours is rock solid.

But it's honestly far too early to know how good anyone really is. So I was mainly just saying we don't know if we are legit yet based on who we have played.

So far the one opponent we have played over .500 is a surprise winning team. But we also lost that series. The two series wins we have the teams combined have fewer wins than us.

I really am excited about the start and hope it keeps up. Just saying nothing yet can assure me it will.

So don't take my criticism too harsh. I was merely saying that you can't bash someone else's schedule and pretend like ours is rock solid.

But it's honestly far too early to know how good anyone really is. So I was mainly just saying we don't know if we are legit yet based on who we have played.

So far the one opponent we have played over .500 is a surprise winning team. But we also lost that series. The two series wins we have the teams combined have fewer wins than us.

I really am excited about the start and hope it keeps up. Just saying nothing yet can assure me it will.
    I'm not taking it harsh your right to look at who a team plays and not just if we win or lose. We haven't faced a Kershaw, or Bumgarner yet that should let us know how good this lineup really is.

I'm not taking it harsh your right to look at who a team plays and not just if we win or lose. We haven't faced a Kershaw, or Bumgarner yet that should let us know how good this lineup really is.
    Yeah well those pitchers haven't faced a lineup as red hot as ours yet, have they?

I hate it when people slam the Rockies and say this and that. The season is still young, everyone has a lot to prove yet.

Look at the Washington Nationals, the favorites to win the World Series as an example. The worst batting average in the majors and a 2-6 record.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Yeah well those pitchers haven't faced a lineup as red hot as ours yet, have they?

I hate it when people slam the Rockies and say this and that. The season is still young, everyone has a lot to prove yet.

Look at the Washington Nationals, the favorites to win the World Series as an example. The worst batting average in the majors and a 2-6 record.
    I agree, I actually brought up the Nationals record a few post back :

I get where Denver Blood is coming from we have a history of being dominate in April and then struggle in May.
    If our pitching holds up I think we could steal a wild card or even the division. ( Remember the Padres are suppose to be the surprise team in the NL West
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

It's all about staying healthy with this team. If we stay healthy and that's a big if then I see no reason why we can't contend. We have one of the best line ups from top to bottom in all of baseball and our bullpen has been surprisingly good.

I try not to get too excited cause it seems like we always do well in the first month and then the injury bug hits. Just please stay healthy!

Broncoholic I'm not sure if you were referring to doubters in this thread or media.

But please don't take my criticism as bashing the Rockies.

I fully believe in the theory of you are what your record says you are. And right now that's 6-2.

The only reason I question the schedule strength is I'm hesitant to get too excited in April.

We've all done it so many times only to be let down so much in May.

What I'm super stoked about so far is we aren't just winning by outscoring teams. The pitching has been stellar outside of one start and two blown saves.

Arenado!!!!!

Boom arenado !!

Arenado is quickly becoming the next major Rockies star.

Man this defense is something else

Broncoholic I'm not sure if you were referring to doubters in this thread or media.

But please don't take my criticism as bashing the Rockies.

I fully believe in the theory of you are what your record says you are. And right now that's 6-2.

The only reason I question the schedule strength is I'm hesitant to get too excited in April.

We've all done it so many times only to be let down so much in May.

What I'm super stoked about so far is we aren't just winning by outscoring teams. The pitching has been stellar outside of one start and two blown saves.
    I am talking about all doubters. Love proving them wrong every game!

We are half an inning away from being 7-1. That says something. Sure it's only April, but so what? LOL