Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who would be your round one nightmare ?

Someone who is mocked round one - mid second and has a realistic chance of being selected by Denver. Lets say excluding corners, receivers, backs, and qb's.

My two are -

Owa Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA

A project. Only played one full season so raw and would have to move to LB so a complete project. Looks lost dropping into space and limited pass rush moves.

Arik Armstead*, DT, Oregon

Looks very raw regarding technique and very little production in college. A huge gamble.

I don't really have a round one nightmare. I hope we go offensive line, but we have relatively few holes so I could see us drafting any position really. Trying not to get attached to any player this year given the uncertainty. I guess my one nightmare would be giving up our 2nd and/or 3rd round picks in a trade up.

Arik Armstead.

Will struggle with leverage his entire career. Has no pass rush skills. He isn't even that athletic.

Him and Leonard are the most hype least substance big names I've seen in a while.

I guess some value run defense more than I.

Melvin Gordon.

I would love Gurley, but only because I think if he redshirt a year he could be the next Lynch type of guy. He has massive amount of talent. Gordon on the other hand, while good in college, I don't think his frame will handle the NFL well. He just looks small to me.

Melvin looks to me like a better Clinton Portis.

Nightmare for me?
    Any QB, Any TE, any S.

(I like Walford better than Maxx williams)
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Melvin looks to me like a better Clinton Portis.

Nightmare for me?
    Any QB, Any TE, any S.

(I like Walford better than Maxx williams)
    Ok. Didn't see that coming. You are the only one I have seen with Walford over Williams. May I ask why?

As for S. I like Byron Jones as a FS. I can see him being picked at 28.

Another guy I don't like is OT Collins.

DHB, the WR

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Ok. Didn't see that coming. You are the only one I have seen with Walford over Williams. May I ask why?

I like Walford ove willams as well. I'll take a Miami TE any day over a BIG 10 TE. Miami has so much offensive skill talent that is overlooked by bad QB play and a constantly changing OC. Walford, Dorsett, & D Johnson are going to be stars in 2-3 years.

Anything other than a OL, NT, or LB (which is always a hit for us in the 1st rd) I would be highly upset.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    I like Walford ove willams as well. I'll take a Miami TE any day over a BIG 10 TE. Miami has so much offensive skill talent that is overlooked by bad QB play and a constantly changing OC. Walford, Dorsett, & D Johnson are going to be stars in 2-3 years.

Anything other than a OL, NT, or LB (which is always a hit for us in the 1st rd) I would be highly upset.
    I like Walford better as well. I think he would be a great compliment to Green once Daniels moves on. I like Walford's value in the second or third round better than Williams in the first. That is the main reason I suppose. Williams has apparently rubbed teams the wrong way in interviews as well, but its hard to take those draft season reports as 100% truth.

I am like Walford better as well. Mostly just because I am just more familiar with him.

LOL- I was going to say I am one of the only ones I know but after the replies looks like others seem to like Clive better too. Thats funny.

For me, I think clive is a better fit for us. I like his blocking better and think we can coach it better. I also like his hands better, but the thing that really sets him apart for me is his run after the catch. He is a guy that does not go down easy, he sees the field extremely well when he runs with the ball and he knows when to power a guy or try and run around him. In our offense I see him more as the catch it short kind of guy and YAC. He can stretch the seems, but again, in our offense I see him more making the clutch catches for 1sts and in traffic and YACing after that. To me that is better for us vs what Maxx has. Still like Maxx, but I want Clive more. Neither is worthy of a first. Maxx may go 2nd, Ill wait on Clive for the 3rd.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Havent paid as much attention to the draft in years past.

I'll just say position wise.

Safety (no safety worth picking in the 1st at 28)
    RB
    TE
    QB
    WR

I could get the argument for any other spot, assuming FB/K/P is out the window.

ILB, CB, DE, NT, OLB, OL i could live with.

j winston
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Safety (no safety worth picking in the 1st at 28)
    This our biggest need IMO, though I hope we focus on BPA. Landon Collins definitely is a 1st-round safety (though he will be gone before #28) and I won't be surprised if Damarious Randall goes late in the 1st (see J. Ward, D. Bucannon in 2014).
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    This our biggest need IMO, though I hope we focus on BPA. Landon Collins definitely is a 1st-round safety (though he will be gone before #28) and I won't be surprised if Damarious Randall goes late in the 1st (see J. Ward, D. Bucannon in 2014).
    i cant remember which website i was reading but they were saying collins was prone to getting beat deep. they said it happened in a 4 or 5 games this year. i cant remember much else from the article.

honestly i never really looked at him as most projections ive seen have him gone before the 20th pick. can you tell me a little about him?
    Glen Haven Fire