Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    No trades. This is how I would pick if I was the GM, not what I think they will do. There is no Mariota because I don't believe in him as a round one QB

1 - Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston**, QB, Florida State

They need a QB, He’s the best one available.

2 - Tennessee - Vic Beasley – Clemson, LB/DE

Need someone to help Morgan, who had a team high 6.5 sacks, Beasley is my top pass rusher and can play DE and LB. I am happy with Mettenburger.

3 - Jacksonville - Dante Fowler Jr.*, DE, Florida

A top pass rusher who can play the Leo position in Bradley’s D and boost the pass rush.

4 - Oakland - Melvin Gordon*, RB, Wisconsin

Someone to help Carr. I don’t rate any receivers this highly and feel a heavy dose of Gordon and Latavius Murray will help the offense have balance and take some pressure of Carr’s shoulders. I would grab a receiver in round 2 or 3 and possibly 4 as well.

5 - Washington - Andrus Peat*, OT, Stanford

No safety worth a pick this high, their OL desperately needs upgrading....Especially as they are going forward with RG3. I rate Peat as my top tackle and above Scherff as a prospect.

6 - New York Jets - Shane Ray – Missouri, LB/DE

They do need offensive help but I can’t turn down Ray, he could be a destructive LB behind that huge DL and offers the best value.

7 - Chicago - Jaelen Strong*, WR, Arizona State

Many will disagree with this but I have Strong as my number one receiver and the Bears need someone across from Jeffrey after losing Marshall.

8 - Atlanta - Todd Gurley*, RB, Georgia

They are desperate for a RB and get a good one here. They have some good COP one’s but no every down back.

9 - New York Giants - Leonard Williams*, DT/DE, USC

Can play DT and DE and gives an ageing DL some good young talent

10 - St. Louis - Brandon Scherff, G, Iowa

The OL is terrible and here is a day one starter to boost the interior

11 - Minnesota - Jalen Collins*, CB, LSU

They need a corner opposite Rhodes and Collins has exciting potential

12 - Cleveland Browns - Amari Cooper*, WR, Alabama

Their receiving corps is terrible and Gordon is suspended for the season. They run to the podium and take Cooper

13 - New Orleans - Benardrick McKinney*, ILB/OLB, Mississippi State

This might be a little high for McKinney but the Saints were awful against the run last season and the LB corps is weak. He is a day one starter at MLB or OLB and gives them some toughness in the middle of that D and is strong against the run

14 - Miami - DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

They need a receiver after losing Wallace and Hartline, Parker is good value here

15 - San Francisco - Eddie Goldman, NT, Florida State

Plays with a nasty streak and can get into the backfield but mainly excels stopping the run, has a great motor. They have 2 OK players in Williams and Dorsey but this is a huge upgrade and starts to re-build that D

16 - Houston - Stephone Anthony, ILB/OLB, Clemson

Clowney is coming off a big injury, Reed has gone to Atlanta, Cushing is always injured. Anthony is a solid tackler and can rush the passer

17 - San Diego - D.J. Humphries*, OT, Florida

I expect Franklin and Fluker to play OG. Humphries can slot in at LT/RT day one or play LG if they leave Franklin at RT

18 - Kansas City - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

They signed Maclin but badly need help at WR still, zero TD’s to all receivers last season. Smith needs help and a RZ target. I would also target Darren Waller in round 4/5 if I was them. A huge receiver with potential, would be a good RZ threat and help Charles regarding his run blocking strength

19 - Cleveland - La'el Collins, G/OT, LSU

Having got Amari Cooper earlier the Browns turn their attention to the OL. Collins is a plug and play starter at OT or OG

20 - Philadelphia - Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon

Who knows what the mad scientist will do. Me personally would take Jake Fisher who is perfect for this offense. A great athlete from Chip Kelly’s Oregon and can play OT or OG. I would love Denver to take him and the Eagles are the biggest threat to that

21 - Cincinnati - Danny Shelton*, DT, Washington

Good size and athlete, did well at the senior bowl. Is a little slow off the line at times but this is great value. I just couldn’t find anywhere higher in the draft for him to go. Pair him with Atkins and that will be a force.... Peko and Still give them good depth and rotation

22 - Pittsburgh - Hau'Oli Kikaha – Washington, LB/DE

Some may say this is high for him but I believe this would be a great pick up for the Steelers. A relentless high energy pass rusher with great character. With Harrison almost done and Jarvis Jones not working out so far Kikaha and Shazier are the future of this D and an awesome tandem

23 - Detroit - T.J. Clemmings*, OT, Pittsburgh

They badly need a RT upgrade. La’Adrian Waddle is currently the starter and he’s expected to start 2015 on the PUP list. Clemmings is raw and struggled with speed rushers at the senior bowl but is a good athlete and has great potential

24 - Arizona - Eli Harold – Virginia, LB/DE

They tried to land a pass rusher in FA and failed, so they take Harold. Coming off a very good season he can rush the passer and set the edge, uses his hands well and is a good athlete. Needs to add a little bulk

25 - Carolina - Ereck Flowers*, OT, Miami

The Panthers have confirmed that Michael Oher will play RT, they don’t have anyone opposite him. Flowers has long arms and good strength, he can play RT for a season or 2 then move over to LT

26 - Baltimore - Jordan Phillips*, DT, Oklahoma

They might consider RB as Forsett is now 30, but Gordon and Gurley have both gone. After losing Ngata I believe Phillips offers good value at a position of need and is a good athlete who can get into the backfield

27 - Dallas - T.J. Yeldon*, RB, Alabama

After losing Murray they have nothing at RB and can’t expect much from McFadden. Dallas need balance or they fall apart and Yeldon is a natural runner with a good build who can put up yards behind that OL and take the pressure off Romo

28 - Denver - Cameron Erving - Florida State, C

After seeing all the OT’s go we take a great interior prospect who can play OG or C. Erving has good arm length and quickness, although is a little bit raw

29 - Indianapolis - Damarious Randall - Arizona State

My top Safety is Randall. The Colts only have 34 year old Mike Adams. This fills a need

30 - Green Bay - Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA

Probably their biggest need with only Sam Barrington a capable starter. Kendricks can play ILB or OLB and is a very good tackler, is smart and good in coverage.... needs to add a little bulk

31 - New Orleans - Malcom Brown*, DT, Texas

They took McKinney earlier, there is a case for Mauldin but I would add a top DL player to pair with the OK Bunkley and continue building a poor defense and make it tougher and harder to run against

32 - New England - Trae Waynes, CB*, Michigan State

After losing Revis and Browner they are a little thin at corner and Waynes is good value. Excels in man coverage but footwork and technique needs cleaning up a little

I like the outside the box thinking in your draft. Although, I'm not so sure we see two Running Backs go in the top 10. Jalen Strong is a talent, I agree with that... he just doesn't strike me as a John Fox pick, I can see Leonard Williams going there. Kikaha is an absolute baller, I would like to see him in a Denver uni, except in the 3rd or 4th round. Then again, you may be right that someone will recognize this and gamble, and it totally feels like a Pittsburgh pick.

I was having some beers with some buddies the other night and joked that Amari Cooper could fall to the Giants, and if so... would they do it? Having Beckham and Cooper on the outside while having Victor Cruz (if he comes back healthy) in the slot would be a force to be reckoned with. And having Kevin White go as the fourth wide receiver is very very bold, he's personally my favorite WR in this class.

Personally I'm not high on Scherff, and while it's not fair to generalize in his case I haven't liked an Iowa offensive lineman in the last couple of drafts. Seeing Bulaga try and play tackle makes me cringe, he's got T-Rex arms!

I like Shane Ray as a first round talent, but not so sure about a top 10.

Overall, I like your draft. It's clear you put thought into it rather than regurgitating something walterfootball says about a player like some people on this site do. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Shane Ray is not a first round talent. Can't see a talent evaluator GM wasting a high 1st on him.
    Ray is a top 10-15 lock, but as I have done my mock based on what I believe and not just the mainstrream opinion I certainly can't knock you for doing the same. If you don't believe he is a round one player then fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    I like the outside the box thinking in your draft. Although, I'm not so sure we see two Running Backs go in the top 10. Jalen Strong is a talent, I agree with that... he just doesn't strike me as a John Fox pick, I can see Leonard Williams going there. Kikaha is an absolute baller, I would like to see him in a Denver uni, except in the 3rd or 4th round. Then again, you may be right that someone will recognize this and gamble, and it totally feels like a Pittsburgh pick.

I was having some beers with some buddies the other night and joked that Amari Cooper could fall to the Giants, and if so... would they do it? Having Beckham and Cooper on the outside while having Victor Cruz (if he comes back healthy) in the slot would be a force to be reckoned with. And having Kevin White go as the fourth wide receiver is very very bold, he's personally my favorite WR in this class.

Personally I'm not high on Scherff, and while it's not fair to generalize in his case I haven't liked an Iowa offensive lineman in the last couple of drafts. Seeing Bulaga try and play tackle makes me cringe, he's got T-Rex arms!

I like Shane Ray as a first round talent, but not so sure about a top 10.

Overall, I like your draft. It's clear you put thought into it rather than regurgitating something walterfootball says about a player like some people on this site do. Good work!
    Thanks bro,

I might be wrong but tried to give my opinion on how I view the prospects.

Regarding Shane Ray I think pass rushers are the most important position after QB so they will go early, and Oakland will probably go Cooper and RB later in the draft.... I think they are better served getting Gordon at 4 and grabbing a receiver in rounds 2-4

Thanks bro,

I might be wrong but tried to give my opinion on how I view the prospects.

Regarding Shane Ray I think pass rushers are the most important position after QB so they will go early, and Oakland will probably go Cooper and RB later in the draft.... I think they are better served getting Gordon at 4 and grabbing a receiver in rounds 2-4
    I value the insight of a person that takes the chance of actually thinking for themselves, rather than basing his judgment off of what Mel Kiper says. Takes a special sort of courage with all the internet tough guys out there.

Personally, if I were an Oakland fan my top 3 would consist of Leonard Williams, Vic Beasley, or Ereck Flowers. Vic opposite Mack would just be filthy. I'm a big Derek Carr fan, and I wish he would have gone elsewhere. I don't want to see him get beat up by teams other than the broncos

If you don't mind my asking, why is it that you don't think Mariota is a first round pick? I'm intrigued to hear. Also, I'd like to hear your take on Malcolm Brown from Texas. I'm not high on him at all, maybe you can help me see the light.

I value the insight of a person that takes the chance of actually thinking for themselves, rather than basing his judgment off of what Mel Kiper says. Takes a special sort of courage with all the internet tough guys out there.

Personally, if I were an Oakland fan my top 3 would consist of Leonard Williams, Vic Beasley, or Ereck Flowers. Vic opposite Mack would just be filthy. I'm a big Derek Carr fan, and I wish he would have gone elsewhere. I don't want to see him get beat up by teams other than the broncos

If you don't mind my asking, why is it that you don't think Mariota is a first round pick? I'm intrigued to hear. Also, I'd like to hear your take on Malcolm Brown from Texas. I'm not high on him at all, maybe you can help me see the light.
    I'm with you on Carr, I had him as my number one QB last off-season and it was annoying he went to Oakland !!

If I needed a QB I would take Mariota late second-early third round, but not the first. He is a great leader with top work ethic, good arm..good size.. good athlete.. there are some things I like about him.....

but he's too much of a project and unknown to take in the first IMO. He played in a very QB friendly system which boosted his numbers, his plays were called into him and he had no license to change them so he's a complete unknown when it comes to reading a Defense and that showed at times when making his reads. His footwork is poor and needs cleaning up and his accuracy was worrying at times.

I also didn't like him declining the Senior Bowl invitation and in his biggest game (Championship against Ohio State in January) they got smashed and he didn't look very effective. I expect him to slide on draft day but still go round one, I just think he has too many question marks to be a first rounder.

Regarding Malcom Brown I'm not that high on him. Most have him as the number 2 NT after Shelton but I have him as my #4 NT and a second round prospect. I just felt that NO's are so badly in need of improving their front 7 it was worth the slight reach

So when's your Broncos mock coming out !!!

I have been hoping for Erving. But where is Mariota the QB ? I promise some team will snag him up in the 1st. He may wind up being the best of the QB' in this years draft.
    If you don't mind me playing off this, maybe the Titans would trade their 2nd & a 3d for our 1st a 5th ?
    That's 6 picks down and some better slots earlier.

I'm with you on Carr, I had him as my number one QB last off-season and it was annoying he went to Oakland !!

If I needed a QB I would take Mariota late second-early third round, but not the first. He is a great leader with top work ethic, good arm..good size.. good athlete.. there are some things I like about him.....

but he's too much of a project and unknown to take in the first IMO. He played in a very QB friendly system which boosted his numbers, his plays were called into him and he had no license to change them so he's a complete unknown when it comes to reading a Defense and that showed at times when making his reads. His footwork is poor and needs cleaning up and his accuracy was worrying at times.

I also didn't like him declining the Senior Bowl invitation and in his biggest game (Championship against Ohio State in January) they got smashed and he didn't look very effective. I expect him to slide on draft day but still go round one, I just think he has too many question marks to be a first rounder.

Regarding Malcom Brown I'm not that high on him. Most have him as the number 2 NT after Shelton but I have him as my #4 NT and a second round prospect. I just felt that NO's are so badly in need of improving their front 7 it was worth the slight reach

So when's your Broncos mock coming out !!!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...s-7-Round-Mock
    It's right there, brotha!
    (Sorry, hyperlinking won't work right on my Surface)

Quote Originally Posted by wmp View Post
    I have been hoping for Erving. But where is Mariota the QB ? I promise some team will snag him up in the 1st. He may wind up being the best of the QB' in this years draft.
    If you don't mind me playing off this, maybe the Titans would trade their 2nd & a 3d for our 1st a 5th ?
    That's 6 picks down and some better slots earlier.
    Mariota will be a top 15 pick, and someone might trade up for him.... but I don't think he's worth a first so didn't put him in. I did the mock as if I was choosing for the teams, rather then what I think they will do

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...s-7-Round-Mock
    It's right there, brotha!
    (Sorry, hyperlinking won't work right on my Surface)
    Thanks, I must of missed it

Thanks, I must of missed it
    I do have to say, if Mariota truly did fall all the way to the end of the 1st...if I were Elway I would be more than tempted. As I said in my QB review, he MUST go to a team that is willing to adapt to him. I think the best thing possible for him is to not go to a team that's drafting in the top 10 (although St. Louis certainly would be intriguing, but with Foles in the mix it's doubtful) he has to go to a compatible environment. I truly believe that chill Hawaiian dude personality is real, and if he went to a place with a ton of pressure (Washington, NYJ, Ten) that he is going to struggle mightily.

Round 1 (Pick 28): Jordan Phillips - NT Oklahoma

I would be OK with this. NT is a need and I would prefer Goldman but like JP as well. I would be surprised if we don't go OT though

Round 2 (Pick 59): Stéphone Anthony LB Clemson

Love this player and would love this pick !!!!

Round 3 (Pick 92): Ali Marpet OL Hobart

I would be pretty happy with this. I do like Marpet and although this is probably a round early for him it would still be a good pick at a 'need' position and provide more much needed OL depth

Round 4 (Pick 133): Gerod Holliman S Louisville

I'm undecided on Holliman and probably wouldn't take him before round 5. Very good ball skills but he looks like a complete wuss on the field and scared of contact.... and I don't want that sort of player on our D

Round 5 (Pick 143): Wes Saxton TE South Alabama

Not a bad pick.... probably the right place to take Sexton. He needs to bulk up and is a poor run blocker but has very good speed and hands to stretch a D..... a young JT

Round 5 (Pick 164): Dezmin Lewis WR Central Arkansas

Again this is a pretty good pick at around the right place. Has good speed, smarts, and tracks the ball well in the air. Needs to play a bit tougher with more aggression/energy at times

Round 6 (Pick 203): Tavaris Barnes DE Clemson

I can live with this. Under my draft notes on him I put 'worth a late round flyer'. Very raw, not much production and no experience at LB.... along with limited pass rushing moves..... but he's a good athlete who plays with energy so there is some potential there

Round 7 (Pick 250): Deshazor Everett CB TAMU

I wouldn't draft him but at this stage why not

Round 7 (Pick 252): Jermaine Whitehead S Auburn

I wouldn't draft him but at this stage why not

Pretty good draft, I would be happy with this and give it 8/10. I just wouldn't take Holliman and would rather address the OL in round one (or possibly McKinney)

interesting and different mock!

i agree with needing at least one more oline but i do like marpet.

with hundley i have to keep reminding myself that mora was an nfl coach....im also a ucla fan so im biased

anthony is one that almost everyone likes

no idea about your late round picks. ill go check them out!
    Glen Haven Fire

Kona's last and final Mock going into the draft

28) Shaq Thompson OLB 6-0 228
    Played outside and inside as a linebacker and took snaps at safety against Stanford. Like a magnet to the ball while pursuing in space. Second gear to finish the chase. Wins over top of second-level linemen. Can sink and search for cutback lanes as back-side defender against stretch plays. Glides laterally from gap to gap when playing inside. Reads the quarterback's eyes and shades the throwing lane as zone defender. Transitions easily from pursuit to coverage against play-action

59) Henry Anderson DE 6-6 294
    Good functional strength for a lineman. Long, powerful arms that he uses well to create space and distance at the line. Has a variety of power-based moves to get himself free from blockers. Plays with a definite high football IQ. Keeps his eyes up and locates the ball extremely well, even when engaged. Shows an anticipation of plays and how the offense is going to attack him. Very adept at line gimmicks; has the timing and proper spacing/coordinated movement to make twists & stunts very effective. High motor, doesn’t give up on plays even when he’s on the ground. Offers positional versatility as he has effectively lined up at all line spots from 3 to 6 techniques

92) Rob Havenstein OT 6-7 321
    Massive tackle with very functional length. Looks oafish, but feet are much better than the eye expects. Takes quick steps and good angles for proper positioning to wall off defenders on gap plays. Above-average power in run game and runs legs to create movement. Drive blocker by nature. Block winner at point of attack. Uses well-timed punch and has adequate foot quickness to set out to edge speed. Aggressive, play-finishing demeanor on the field.

133) Shaq Mason C/G 6-1 300
    One of the most powerful drive blockers in the 2015 draft. Comes off ball with low pad level and wide base and routinely wins leverage game. Snaps hips under him at contact, standing defensive tackles up. Runs feet through contact, looking to bury his man. Salty and tough. Strength is his calling card. Moves well in space and climbs to second level under control. Able to sustain blocks for several yards downfield when his balance is right. Good knee bend in pass sets with ability to mirror. Keeps weight balanced throughout pass set with desired posture. Above-average hand fighter in pass pro and able to reset hands when they are knocked away.

143)Chris Hackett FS 6-0 195
    Junior entry and three year starter. Hackett leaves TCU with 12 career interceptions and among the team’s leader in tackles over the past three years. He is a space-friendly athlete with such an easy moving lower half and great body control. He has proven to be a playmaker, showing the ability to create turnovers in coverage and as a tackler. He is a quick thinking, savvy defender. He lacks the physical presence as a tackler, thus may not be anything more than a deep coverage defensive back. The coverage ability and versatility in zone and man roles are always in demand, however. Hackett has starter potential if he can prove he has enough speed.

164)Blake Bell TE 6-6 252
    Tall, athletic prospect who displayed flashes at his new position. Quick off the snap into blocks, strong at the point and gives effort blocking. Stays square and seals opponents from the action. Immediately gets to top speed, nicely adjusts to errant throws and extends to make receptions away from his frame. Fights with his hands to get separation, fluid getting down the field and effectively uses his frame to shield away defenders. Consistent hand catcher.

203) Sam Carter SS 6-0 203
    Possesses a stout frame for the position with good overall musculature. Very aggressive defender given his prior experience at quarterback. Attacks the line of scrimmage in run support, showing the grit to take on blockers and the burst to split gaps and create havoc in the backfield. Gets a strong jam on pass-catchers as they come of the ball, often forcing quarterbacks to look elsewhere because of his ability to re-route receivers and throw off the timing of the passing game. Experience at quarterback can be seen with his route recognition. Shows good awareness of route concepts and has a knack of breaking in front of pass-catchers to steal the ball. Strong hands and an aggressive nature to win contested passes.

250)Kevin Whimpey T/G 6-5 306
    A tenacious player described as having “great feet” and being a strong, smart player, Whimpey has stepped u as the leader of the offense with Keeton out for the year, as well as becoming a team leader. A first-team All-Mountain west Conference tackle, Whimpey has the tenacity, strength, and ability to stick around the league for quite a few years.

251) Cam Thomas CB 6-0 200
    Built well for the position with a tall, long frame to play press and get physical in the run game. Tough-minded and confident player who isn't afraid of taking chances. Effort isn't a question defending the ground game.

252) Angelo Blackson DT 6-4 318
    Underrated defensive line prospect with the athleticism and size to play at the next level. Explosive, quick in all his actions and fluid moving to every direction of the field. Easily changes direction, shows ability pursuing plays laterally and covers a lot of ground. Tenacious, keeps coming and makes a lot of athletic plays. Tough to handle on the inside and possesses a closing burst.

UDFA

Joey Iosefa FB 6-0 247
    No-nonsense runner who prefers to rush between the tackles. Will coil his hips and deliver a blow into second-level linebackers attempting to tackle him and pass rushers in pass protection. Often leans shoulder into contact, absorbing blow while resetting feet to continue his run. Functional ability to cut and take it downhill. Can catch the ball out of the backfield and is adequate in pass protection

Quayshawn Nealy LB 6-0 236
    Instinctive and productive. Sniffs out misdirection and trick plays to recover into position to make a play. Gets a jump on outside runs and beats linemen over the top. Takes good angles to the ball carrier. When he gets downhill, can leverage his gap against run. Football smart with reputation in scouting circles as film junkie. Rarely fooled by playaction. Gets good depth and picks up coverage in zone. Good weight-room work ethic. Had four interceptions and five fumbles recovered over last two seasons.

Aj Tarpley LB 6-0 232
    Good football intelligence. Instructional-video quality tackling when he locks on. Stays square and slides from gap to gap stalking runner. Takes good angles chasing wide and is adequate space tackler. Efficient mover with decent hips and feet. Used to spy UCLA QB Brett Hundley. Can cover backs and tight ends. Zone aware. Football runs in his family with father and brother both playing college football. Starter for most of the last four years for physical stop unit.

Michael Dyer RB 5-8 218
    Has experience in pro-style sets. Willing to keep his running track between the tackles. Not a physical runner, but has enough leg strength to break open-field-tackle attempts near his legs. Drops pad level and protects the ball at point of impact. Was at his best last season in big game against Florida State. Only fumbled once in 153 carries while at Louisville.

Ben Beckwith OG 6-3 313
    Has the frame only an offensive line coach would love - broad shoulders and a thick lower half that makes him well-suited to winning the battle of leverage in the pit. Plays with excellent knee bend and good core flexibility to anchor against bull rushers and has impressive upper body strength and hand placement to latch and control. Athletic enough to slide laterally to mirror in pass protection, though he could improve in this area with better spatial awareness. Showed his versatility by sliding over to center in 2014 and has the bulk, determination and intelligence to handle this role in the NFL. Blue collar work ethic that rubbed off on teammates. Earned his way onto the roster with his toughness and work ethic after earning "zero stars" by recruiting experts despite playing lettering in football and basketball in high school

Greg Mancz C/G/T 6-4 301
    Technician. Proper hand placement in pass protection and as a run blocker. Uses his understanding of positioning, angles and leverage to open running lanes. Allows defenders to run themselves into the wrong gap. Rarely out of position and has plus balance at impact. Displays very little wasted motion. Breaks down in space and finds target when pulling or climbing to second level. Plays with great confidence and composure. Can sink hips and drop anchor against bull-rush. Well-schooled with excellent football intelligence. Team leader. Has played tackle, guard and center and is proficient snapping from shotgun.

Ladarius Gunter FS 6-1 202
    Blessed with an exciting combination of height and fluidity. Sports a long, tapered frame with broad shoulders and long arms, making him well-suited to handling coverage against today's behemoth receivers.
    Loose hips, which allow him to smoothly turn and run with receivers from press coverage. Can plant and drive on the ball, showing good awareness in off and zone coverage to drop his receiver and react to the quarterback.
    Trusts his eyes and is aggressive towards the ball, whether in coverage or in run support. Shows good hand-eye coordination to rip at the arms of receivers as the ball arrives.
    Last edited by kona bronco; 04-22-2015 at 01:39 AM. Reason: added 3 additonal UDFA to go into camp 3 deep at every position

'Preciate it! A well thought out response deserves one in kind so I'll address your issues and maybe we can come to an understanding of sorts on why I did things (I find this incredibly fun)

I understand what Dallas did on the offensive line, however they had more ideal circumstances to do so. Zack Martin was drafted 16th, and Tyron Smith was drafted 9th. It is kind of funny, however that Travis Frederick was considered a reach at 31, however they definitely proved us wrong. Unfortunately for us, consistently making the playoffs but falling short puts us in an area where getting an impact player is somewhat difficult in the late 20's. Last year Ju'wan James was drafted 19 and turned out to be solid, and the next offensive line pick Xavier Sua'Filo to Houston at 33. Kind of the same thing in 2013, where Pugh was drafted at 19 and Frederick went at 31. In 2012 we had Zeitler, Decastro, and Reiff go in the 20's! In fact, the last time we saw an offensive lineman drafted in the area we typically draft was in 2011 when Anthony Costanzo went 22 and James Carpenter went 25.

I realize this theme isn't a fact when it comes to the draft, and say Denver were to reach at 29 on the level of Frederick (Who I believe was considered an early third rounder), the odds of getting a huge return are moderate. What I want to see is Kubiak finding five guys that play well as a unit. The reason I did my mock the way I did was if someone didn't like a particular pick, you can always mix and match. I just am not sure what level of value some of these linemen have right now. Take Clemmons for example, one week he's considered a Top 12 pick and now he might be available in our second pick range. As for Ali Marpet, I think we would be foolish to pass on a guy like him. His skill set fits Kubes system just right, and he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Not to mention, you could play Montgomery at Center this year, have Marpet get experience at Guard this year, and perhaps move him inside next season! I like the idea of grooming a Center at guard, instead of throwing him right into the fire having to deal with the most demanding QB in the game.

I honestly feel like this team lacks playmakers on the defensive side of the ball at the non-glamour positions. Phillips would add an impact up the middle that may be on the level of a Marcell Dareus, but can be gotten around our pick! Stephone Anthony is a stud, and I believe he (along with less heralded players on that defense like Tavaris Barnes) made Vic Beasley look even better. Anthony would provide a day one starter at either of the ILB positions for us, and he's what I like to call a "Thumper", except he plays well enough in coverage to hold his own. We haven't seen a true playmaker at that position in too long, and I believe pairing his skill set with the likes of a Trevathan on a situational basis could create nightmares for offensive coordinators.

When it comes to QB, I do like Hundley. I'd like to see him in Kubiak's offense after a year of sitting beyond Peyton, as long as Peyton is willing to help Hundley catch up on the more "professional" aspects of playing football such as drawing defenders with his eyes, ball fakes, and making checks at the line. I know it's not an official source, but I was impressed with him at Gruden's QB camp, even though it is an ESPN side show. I would like to also mention that if the Raiders are as dumb as some of the talking heads think, and draft a QB in the first round (I don't think they're that dumb, I think they're past that), we should then immediately make a play for Derek Carr. He was my favorite QB last class and this situation is perfect for him.

I feel like the TE's I have going to us are a good pairing and compliment each other perfectly. I'd like to see us draft a guy like that at tight end as you described, but as I scoured over this class I never really became enamored with any of them. Jesse James out of Penn State stood out, but I just don't truly know.

I think the team is committed to giving Montee Ball one more year (much to my dismay), and him pairing with CJ Anderson could be pretty potent behind a Kubiak offensive line. I think Hillman is a role player and nothing more, so as a 3rd RB I think he could be effective. It all relies on being healthy. Personally I'd rather see Juwan Thompson get the nod over Ball, and keep Hillman. But hey. That's just me. Let me know what you think!

Edit: Also, One thing that I really tried focusing on with this draft is finding impact guys. We need more on this team, and I think one at each level of the defense would do this team a lot of good.
    A very well put together response. I think the part I put in green was meant to have me understand why you drafted certain OL players and why they were drafted in that order. To be frank I think it backfired a bit Looking at this draft it is a pretty deep OL class. The way I look at this draft class is we should be taking 1-2 OL players within the first 2-3 picks. Ali Marpet I agree with you would make a great fit. I do think he is better suited at Guard or Tackle. Assuming we stay with our picks in the current order in the first I'd like us to address the ILB position rather than others who would like us to focus on the OLB position or an OT. I think our backup talent and potential future starters at the OLB position are already on our roster (Barett, Vaughn, Anunike & Smith). We have a real need for a backup and a future starter at both Tackle & ILB. to be honest the only other player I like at that position is Todd Davis. I think Johnson, Nelson & Barrow are lacking a bit in speed to be truly effective. Mason is a decent but is an unknown.

With this is mind I'd like either:

ILB: 1. Perryman 2. MicKinney
    or
    OT: 1. TJ Clemmings 2. Jake fisher

Now as you have pointed out we are picking rather late in the 1st so some of these guys would have otherwise been selected early-mid 2nd. So it come down to do we trade out of the 1st and acquire an early 2nd or take a potential 2nd rounder in the 1st to make our team better and make sure we get our guy.

I am assuming we go OT in rnd 1.

round 2 is where I'd like to see us take "the other position" - ILB

ILB: 1. Perryman 2. MicKinney (are my top two)

round 3- I keep your pick right where it is- Ali Marpet he is a perfect fit for our style of offense and he showed he has the skills to compete with the big school players. Where he will need to show major growth is on the field against much better and tougher talent.

Between Rounds 1 & 3 I htink we acquire at least 1 starter this year potentially two depending on Marpet.

The blue text above you and I are on the same page with the TE's. Jesse James was the TE I was thinking of when I wrote the comment and he is my #1 TE while it is not popular on here I like him better than Williams & Walford. As I have said in some of my other posts blocking can be coached to some players (admittedly not all *cough* Julius) but speed is something you either have or you don't. Looking at 40 times alone Williams was 4.78 and Walford was 4.70. Jesse James posted a 4.69. I also factor in the fact that he is 6ft7 and a over 260lbs....I'll take it.

Last but not least the RB's (your comment in Orange above). first let me say that I love this position. I am an ex-Rugby player so a RB or TE/H-Back fit my personal skill-set on field so I feel more comfortable when reviewing those types of players. I will be brief as I have gone into much more depth on my opinion on this in other posts (one in the news wire section- topic was battle royal at RB I think)

I picked CJ Anderson to make the 53 man roster when we first brought him in as an UDFA (posts on these forums can prove it). I also predicted that Juwan Thompson would make the 53 man roster last season before his preseason impressive play. When I compare CJ, Juwan & Ball (I feel are our top 3 runners in the order I typed) - CJ & Juwan are a lot more physical. For me, I think that is what you want in your running game. It forces the defenders to respect the run and allocate more attention to it. I think Hillman should be outright cut this season. I am sad for being so blunt as I think he is a great person he is just not the player that we need on this roster as our #4. Personally I'd like to see us go in one of two ways.

1. Go hybrid and get a bigger RB in either rd 7 or UDFA and use him as a FB/RB. I personally like Hilliard from LSU in this role.

or

2. Go for a better mix of size and speed. Guys like Tevin Coleman, Langford, David Johnson but my personal favorite is J. Allen.

Of the two options my preference would be to go for #2.

I really like this draft, but would make a few changes to players. I also am in the boat of liking Eddie Goldman over Phillips. I wouldn't be upset with it, just prefer a different player.

The same goes for Anthony. While I like him, I would just prefer Paul Dawson over him.

Like I said, I really like this draft, but you have to address OT somewhere. Even if we are confident in Schofield, I can only assume we would get an insurance plan. Good job man!