Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Personally I don't think sports should be interfering in a player's personal life. Let the courts handle it. Plus punishing a guy who hasn't been found guilty of anything is just plain wrong. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty" in this country?

Only recent bad press got the NFL's wheels turning.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Personally I don't think sports should be interfering in a player's personal life. Let the courts handle it. Plus punishing a guy who hasn't been found guilty of anything is just plain wrong. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty" in this country?
    He was found guilty. He had a bench trial in NC. Both the prosecutor and the defense presented their evidence and he was found guilty.

Because NC has stupid laws, he then was able to ask for another trial..the 2nd being a jury trial. During the beginning of a the jury trial his partner went into hiding and they couldn't find her to serve her subpoena to testify. Thus, they had to drop the charges.

A bench trial holds just as much weight as a jury trial. He was found guilty. Had NC not had that 2nd step and allow defendants the opportunity to then ask for a jury trial he would have been sentenced.

This is not a case of innocent until proven guilty. He was found guilty. All businesses have the right to suspend, reprimand, fire their employees when they break the law. So should the NFL.

Sorry, read a copy of the report of what he did and tell me if you're OK with it. If there was ever a guy who should be suspended for 10 games, it's Greg Hardy. Actually, he should be in jail.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 04-25-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    He was found guilty. He had a bench trial in NC. Both the prosecutor and the defense presented their evidence and he was found guilty.

Because NC has stupid laws, he then was able to ask for another trial..the 2nd being a jury trial. During the beginning of a the jury trial his partner went into hiding and they couldn't find her to serve her subpoena to testify. Thus, they had to drop the charges.

A bench trial holds just as much weight as a jury trial. He was found guilty. Had NC not had that 2nd step and allow defendants the opportunity to then ask for a jury trial he would have been sentenced.

This is not a case of innocent until proven guilty. He was found guilty. All businesses have the right to suspend, reprimand, fire their employees when they break the law. So should the NFL.

Sorry, read a copy of the report of what he did and tell me if you're OK with it. If there was ever a guy who should be suspended for 10 games, it's Greg Hardy. Actually, he should be in jail.
    If he's a free man, then the NFL should not be able to take away his ability to make a living. If he's awaiting a trial, then suspend his criminal butt. From the report I read on Wikipedia, I didn't think he should have been found guilty. The judge was biased, the witness changed her story, the victim attacked one of her attackers first, and then she decided that $ was more important than justice to her.

I'm not saying that I condone anything that he allegedly did, I just don't like pro sports going after athletes for anything that happens away from the field, court, diamond, etc.
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 04-25-2015 at 06:04 PM.

If he's a free man, then the NFL should not be able to take away his ability to make a living. If he's awaiting a trial, then suspend his criminal butt
    OK

10 char
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

If he's a free man, then the NFL should not be able to take away his ability to make a living. If he's awaiting a trial, then suspend his criminal butt. From the report I read on Wikipedia, I didn't think he should have been found guilty. The judge was biased, the witness changed her story, the victim attacked one of her attackers first, and then she decided that $ was more important than justice to her.

I'm not saying that I condone anything that he allegedly did, I just don't like pro sports going after athletes for anything that happens away from the field, court, diamond, etc.
    A private entity has a right to enforce its policies. It also doesn't require the same burden of evidence as the justice system.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    A private entity has a right to enforce its policies. It also doesn't require the same burden of evidence as the justice system.
    I know that, I just don't like it

I know that, I just don't like it
    Well, if these guys could stop acting like such dbags and learned to keep their hands to themselves then they wouldn't have to ever worry about it and neither would you.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Well, if these guys could stop acting like such dbags and learned to keep their hands to themselves then they wouldn't have to ever worry about it and neither would you.

Problem solved.
    Why should they when they get rewarded with ridiculous contracts and even more ridiculous women? If women actually went for nice guys, this wouldn't happen either. But no women go after bad boys & money. Look who's going #1 in the draft, a rapist. There aren't many heroes in sports anymore, most guys have learned that all they care about is how talented you are. They learn that they can get away with anything because they have talent. Their egos match their talent & they get away with it. Parents also need to do a better job of raising their kids with a better sense of right and wrong and calling them out on it

Which is exactly why a person has a right to request a jury trial. Judges can be very biased, one person should never have that much power in a free society. None of us know exactly what happened or what Greg Hardy did. I personally believe him to be wrong and probably should receive some form of punishment but it's not for me or any one person to decide.

Domestic violence is a hot topic issue right now which is troubling in many ways. First, don't hurt people you're supposed to love, be a man. If you find yourself with a crazy gal, get the heck outta there, no good can come of it.

Next imo, is the opportunity for the mob. These hot button issues always bring out passion which usually replaces the thought process on most. They just want someone to pay, and many times they don't care what the evidence says.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Agreed, it's more or less double jeopardy. The system could work but when the leader is someone like Roger Goddell it's what you see. No consistently, no rhyme or reason.