Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    804

    Is Peyton Manning in shape?

    Is it just me, or does Manning look in better physical shape than he has at this stage in his previous seasons as a Bronco?
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,247
    I thought he looked like he lost weight and does look physically better than I've seen him.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,324
    Lol I'm not convinced Manning has ever been in shape

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    9,579
    I'm not worried he will be ready to play at a top level this year.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    448
    Regardless of all the criticism we hold for him, we have had great football years with him. I mean we could have been like the titans or the jags if it wasn't for him. We should be thankful of what he did to the broncos organization.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Lol I'm not convinced Manning has ever been in shape
    Last year the strength/conditioning coach said Manning was in the best cardio shape of any player on the team, and it wasn't even close.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Last year the strength/conditioning coach said Manning was in the best cardio shape of any player on the team, and it wasn't even close.
    That's pretty amazing if true... better than Emmanuel Sanders?
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    That's pretty amazing if true... better than Emmanuel Sanders?
    Seriously, right? Sanders with his six-pack and PM with his mini-keg...

    But the point was about cardio fitness, so I could believe that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,324
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Last year the strength/conditioning coach said Manning was in the best cardio shape of any player on the team, and it wasn't even close.
    So now we know our strength coach is in fact a liar.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,164
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Last year the strength/conditioning coach said Manning was in the best cardio shape of any player on the team, and it wasn't even close.
    If he really beiieved that he should be fired lol
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

    --J.R.R. Tolkien

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,228
    So, what am I reading here? That Peyton Manning is an out of shape slob, and that the Strength and Conditioning Coach is a liar who should be fired?

    Or is there still, after all this time, some "hard-feelings" that John Elway, and the professionals who get paid to make such decisions for the Denver Broncos, decided to stick with one of the greatest QBs to ever play in the NFL?

    LOL

    WOW!!!! Just freakin' amazing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,324
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    So, what am I reading here? That Peyton Manning is an out of shape slob, and that the Strength and Conditioning Coach is a liar who should be fired?

    Or is there still, after all this time, some "hard-feelings" that John Elway, and the professionals who get paid to make such decisions for the Denver Broncos, decided to stick with one of the greatest QBs to ever play in the NFL?

    LOL

    WOW!!!! Just freakin' amazing.
    Just facts man, sorry to upset you.
    Peyton Manning is not an elite athletic specimen.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Just facts man, sorry to upset you.
    Peyton Manning is not an elite athletic specimen.
    Yeah, perfect. Let's re-write the above Posts, and pretend that they all said that Peyton Manning is an "elite athletic specimen."

    And I'm thinking that the people who are "upset" are the people who are having so much trouble accepting the clear and obvious fact that Peyton Manning is going to be the QB next season, and possibly the season after.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,324
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Yeah, perfect. Let's re-write the above Posts, and pretend that they all said that Peyton Manning is an "elite athletic specimen."

    And I'm thinking that the people who are "upset" are the people who are having so much trouble accepting the clear and obvious fact that Peyton Manning is going to be the QB next season, and possibly the season after.
    Not sure anyone has any trouble accepting that he is currently the starting QB. It is a fact.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Just facts man, sorry to upset you.
    Peyton Manning is not an elite athletic specimen.
    You may want to learn the different between a fact and a severe case of denial. Just because something doesn't agree with your preconceived opinions doesn't mean it isn't fact. You said he wasn't in shape, and a true expert said he was. I wonder who we should believe?

    Also look up straw man fallacy. No one said Manning was an "elite athletic specimen", other than you. What was said is that he had the best cardio on the team. Again, facts are our friend and we don't need to make things up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •