Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Shane Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    To me the bigger irony is the NFL's crusade against recreational drugs (whether you agree with it or not) eclipses the rampant misuse of pain killers you hear about from former players. But that's neither here nor there concerning the topic.
    To be completely honest with you I haven't heard much about this topic in particular and find that very interesting. Have you heard this on a radio show or Mike & Mike where they interviewed an ex player? I only know of the Brett Favre/Vicodin incident back in 1996 but beyond that I wasn't aware to it being an issue and find that majorly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I totally agree with the question of his actions, the timing can be insightful in to other things. So what you end up with is high risk vs high reward.

The Broncos obviously believed the risk to be worth it and have undoubtedly put Ray on a short leash as a result in addition to his entrance in to the league already on the 1 step of the drug protocol. I believe they also look to his history with the school and his performance as some type of bench mark about his character and how much his off field lifestyle affected his performance and eligibility on the field and with the football program respectively.

So all things considered, they clearly indicated that they believe him to be worth taking a shot at. Time will tell whether it was a good investment or not but all the indicators suggest he, like a lot of young people, made a bad decision and happened to get busted for it. How many other have not been caught? Who knows. For some, the best thing to happen to them is to get busted early to keep them from going to far down a path that will only bring them trouble in the future.

To me the bigger irony is the NFL's crusade against recreational drugs (whether you agree with it or not) eclipses the rampant misuse of pain killers you hear about from former players. But that's neither here nor there concerning the topic.
    It is not like we do not have Ware signed thru 2016 either.

Is Ray boom or bust we have a year or more to figure that out.

With Von being tagged next year unless they come up with a biggie contract we have at least two damned fine OLBs. To fall back on.