Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Because, as much as we all love him, we cannot afford him. This will be his last season as a Bronco. Why not trade him now while we still can and get something out of him rather than just letting him walk away for free next year. But, as JayJack said, he hasn't signed a tender yet so we can't
    Idk, I feel like he'll resign. If Manning and Ware retire/get cut that saves a lot of cap. Can't we also cut Talib without a big cap hit? Somehow I feel it'll get done

I'm pretty shocked at picking Shane Ray, and disappointed as well. We don't need another pothead on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Conner13 View Post
    I'm pretty shocked at picking Shane Ray, and disappointed as well. We don't need another pothead on the team.
    I like the pick. I think he'll be fine. So long as he doesn't fail any drug tests, i dont care if he smokes. if he keeps out of trouble this will be a great pick!

Best pick of the draft what a steal

My roommate, who is Chiefs fan, just saw this guy in a club about a week ago.

I bet he's pissed.

I am excited about LB S Ray!

Here's why:

He will learn from D Ware and V Miller.
    He will triumph in Wade's 34D.
    He's compared to E Dumervil.

Hopefully we can trade for ILB M Kendricks
    and draft a stout ILB like B McKinney.

Ray---Kendricks---McKinney---Miller

Yaaaassss!

agree with others who said the same...........stunning value for a guy who may have gone top 5-10 if not for some off field stuff. OT are still available to get tomorrow as well.

The second coming of The Doobie Brothers

You can see my thoughts on him earlier in this thread. But he's a Bronco now and has my full support. I liked what he said about Denver in his interview. Great talent that late in the first, but comes with some pretty big risks. Here's hoping he keeps his head on straight and rewards Denver for their gamble!

Elway just freed up an additional $3 million this year by trading Manny, and by drafting Ray has Ware's replacement next year when he either retires or is cut to save an additional $10 million.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyDookie View Post
    I hope he falls in our lap.
    Great job, John.!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Because, as much as we all love him, we cannot afford him. This will be his last season as a Bronco. Why not trade him now while we still can and get something out of him rather than just letting him walk away for free next year. But, as JayJack said, he hasn't signed a tender yet so we can't

We absolutely CAN afford him and this 100% will NOT be his last year here.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Wasn't looking for cp's. But your title says might be ridiculous and I agreed.

So you can't get upset about that.

I don't think it's fair value to us and I'm not giving up on working a deal with DT.
    Now was that so hard? Thank you for your contribution to the conversation.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We absolutely CAN afford him and this 100% will NOT be his last year here.
    Why because you said so? If anything hold true John Elway wont over pay for anyone moreso a 15 million dollar wide reciever that is not needed in this new offense.....sorry bye felicia

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    True, but a signature and fax takes 5 minutes. He does not have to be signed for us to allow his agent to work out an extension with another team. Would be highly unusual, but we did allow Portis to look for more money elsewhere, just not under a franchise tag.

I have been pro-trade DT all offseason, but would be just as happy to trade 2017 1st and trade him after the draft to recoup the 1st rounder.
    At least you recognize that D.T. couldn't be traded against his will because he's not under contract. The majority of the nonsense I heard regarding this proposed trade never bothered to acknowledge that you can't trade a player who isn't under contract.

But, D.T. would never have agreed to this. Why would he? He either wanted to be signed to a multi-year contract here in Denver or else sign his franchise tag contract, play his final year in Denver and become an un-restricted FA in 2016 and see what the market would bear. He'd probably get more money that way, but might wind up somewhere like Jacksonville.

Portis was under contract. He just felt that he had outplayed his contract and wanted to renegotiate in the middle of the contract. Denver said no and he demanded to be traded. Denver traded him and we wound up with a Hall of Fame CB in Champ Bailey.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg