Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Florida State will have two good Safeties in their secondary with Jalen Ramsey and Nate Andrews.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Florida State will have two good Safeties in their secondary with Jalen Ramsey and Nate Andrews.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ramsey is a top 10 pick.

Everyone is looking for the next Earl Thomas. Just like teams all wanted the next Ed Reed or Troy Polomolu (sp.) These guys are generational talents that don't come around every year. Sometimes not even every 5 or 10 years. I can tell you this without watching any tape or even highlights of this guy, if there is a chance he will be close to Earl Thomas in terms of talent level, our chances of getting him if he declares next year are slim.

By the time we get this guy into our defense, Manning will have retired.

I think Ward would be a better free safety than strong safety. He's a good tackler, but he's too short to match up with tall tight ends. His quickness, coverage abilities and savvy would make him our best free safety prospect, and not unlike Earl Thomas. Then we need bigger safety to play the strong position.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBassett View Post

I think Ward would be a better free safety than strong safety. He's a good tackler, but he's too short to match up with tall tight ends. His quickness, coverage abilities and savvy would make him our best free safety prospect, and not unlike Earl Thomas. Then we need bigger safety to play the strong position.
    Well obviously. But what i was meaning to get at with this thread was to show how good our defense shaping up for us. By the time Manning retires we could have a Seattle Esq type defense that can carry us to super bowls post manning. Just as long as we have a good run offense to go with it which is basically already guaranteed with Kubiak's system. I truly believe Anderson, Ball, and Thompson are all possibilities to absolutely break out this year...they could explode and it wouldn't surprise me at all. This way Brock won't be relied on for everything at least not in the beginning stages of his starting career. I'm just excited for our future post Manning and i wish more fans would come to the realization that we are more than set for when those days finally come.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBassett View Post

Wards weakness is in coverage. He seems to me to be slightly better playing zone than man. The mistake last year was having all 5'11" 200 lbs of Ward man up on 6'3"- 6'7" TE with no help. I'm sorry but Ward is just not a coverage safety. Seems to me that it was a scheme and game plan issue. Moving him to FS would be a mistake in my opinion.

Brandon Spikes?

Now obviously until the investigation is completed or he is cleared no one will probably touch him (maybe the Raiders or Cowboys) would you bring him in?

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    No way Jose.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.

Pending further details on the case no...But if it turns out someone else was driving or something like that, then he'd be worth a look possibly.

No thank you

He's not better than anyone we have on the team right now.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Pending further details on the case no...But if it turns out someone else was driving or something like that, then he'd be worth a look possibly.
    guessing they will do a voice match on the Onstar and just maybe they will be able to clear him.

wanna place odds on that one?

onstar recording has him saying he hit a deer....while they didnt find a deer, the found a car that was rearended with 3 occupants inside who said person who rearended them drove off
    Last edited by armedequation; 06-08-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

HELL YEAH! There's not many better 2 down LBs in the league

I don't suspect we will need him. If we were looking for a good 2 down linebacker we wouldn't have kept Steven Johnson on the roster. We already have Marshall, Trevethan, Johnson, Barrow, Davis, Nelson and Walker competing at ILB with Marshall, Trevathan and Davis looking to be the top 3 and Barrow being as close to a lock as you can get for an unproven player.