Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/25/us/aar...dez-home-sale/

Aaron Hernandez' famous home is for sale

https://www.redfin.com/MA/North-Attl.../home/16060513

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

- Former Patriots star Aaron Hernandez found dead in jail cell -

"Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez killed himself in prison, jail officials confirmed Wednesday morning.

Hernandez was found hanging in his cell at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley Massachusetts, according to the Boston Globe." ...

http://myfox8.com/2017/04/19/former-...-in-jail-cell/

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Diana View Post

"Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez killed himself in prison, jail officials confirmed Wednesday morning.

Hernandez was found hanging in his cell at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley Massachusetts, according to the Boston Globe." ...

Well, I can't say he'll be missed much. Odd though he did this after his acquittal in his most recent trial and not before. Perhaps he did not have the opportunity prior.

I guess his demons were bigger than he so publicly let on.

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Well, I can't say he'll be missed much. Odd though he did this after his acquittal in his most recent trial and not before. Perhaps he did not have the opportunity prior.

I guess his demons were bigger than he so publicly let on.

Thanks for the update.
    Maybe this is evidence that he actually had a conscience and it finally caught up to him.

It is odd though that he would do that after being acquitted​.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Diana View Post

Well, you know the saying. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The Hernandez story is so tragic. Someone so talented, given everything... earned more. I hate seeing athletes, or anyone for that matter, rise to such heights to eventually destroy themselves. It's a terrible, terrible shame.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

According to legal experts, killing himself actually will incur benefits to his girlfriend and child. Because he was in the process of appealing his first murder conviction, by killing himself, he is no longer able to help in his defense. Therefore, his murder conviction will be vacated and he will not be known legally as a convicted murderer. This helps out his family in several areas. It will help with the civil cases coming up. It will help with potential insurance claims, and it might even make the Patriots be on the hook for having to pay out the rest of his contract now because he has no murder conviction attached to him.

The timing is also extremely weird. Why now, after he just got off on two murders?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    The Hernandez story is so tragic. Someone so talented, given everything... earned more. I hate seeing athletes, or anyone for that matter, rise to such heights to eventually destroy themselves. It's a terrible, terrible shame.
    What's tragic? He made his choices, he chose to gang bang.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    According to legal experts, killing himself actually will incur benefits to his girlfriend and child. Because he was in the process of appealing his first murder conviction, by killing himself, he is no longer able to help in his defense. Therefore, his murder conviction will be vacated and he will not be known legally as a convicted murderer. This helps out his family in several areas. It will help with the civil cases coming up. It will help with potential insurance claims, and it might even make the Patriots be on the hook for having to pay out the rest of his contract now because he has no murder conviction attached to him.

The timing is also extremely weird. Why now, after he just got off on two murders?
    If the he was considering the possible legal benefits to his girlfriend and child, I find it sadly ironic that his downfall began when he was only thinking of himself but - possibly - died thinking of others. Too bad he didn't start thinking of others sooner.

The timing is strange, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    What's tragic? He made his choices, he chose to gang bang.
    I think the tragedy he's referring to is exactly what you identified, bad choices leading to multiple, unnecessary deaths. It's only magnified in Hernandez because, at the time this all happened, he had just received an enormous contract and had a life before him most people would envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    If the he was considering the possible legal benefits to his girlfriend and child, I find it sadly ironic that his downfall began when he was only thinking of himself but - possibly - died thinking of others. Too bad he didn't start thinking of others sooner.

The timing is strange, I agree
    Very strange. I don't understand the legaleze about this though. I don't understand why his murder conviction gets vacated because he killed himself, even though his lawyers have already started the paperwork to file for a vacated conviction. Had he not be in the appeals process on the first murder of Odin Lloyd, his conviction would stand but it's because he was in the appeals process that it gets vacated. Doesn't make all that much sense to me.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Very strange. I don't understand the legaleze about this though. I don't understand why his murder conviction gets vacated because he killed himself, even though his lawyers have already started the paperwork to file for a vacated conviction. Had he not be in the appeals process on the first murder of Odin Lloyd, his conviction would stand but it's because he was in the appeals process that it gets vacated. Doesn't make all that much sense to me.
    I looked it up and yea, apparently in Massachusetts they have an archaic legal principle called "abatement ab initio".

Here's an article about it: Hernandez Suicide may vacate conviction

What in the he-double hockey sticks would you call a suicide bomber then? Lol, lawyers are gonna destroy the world (apologies to the honest).
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    What in the he-double hockey sticks would you call a suicide bomber then? Lol, lawyers are gonna destroy the world (apologies to the honest).
    Did you read the article above? It explains this antiquated law in MA. Has nothing to do with lawyers.

Did you read the article above? It explains this antiquated law in MA. Has nothing to do with lawyers.
    It was a comment in jest, but to say it has nothing to do with lawyers is not likely. Several articles cite that the law has been debated across the country. Some states apply the law just like Massachusetts, some don't recognize it at all, and some apply it differently. If there is in fact debate about such a law, who would debate it? It seems this was created to protect defendants rights, with little regard to victims rights.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.