Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 831

Thread: The NBA Finals

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,758
    To act like the Cavs should've benched Kyrie is just ignorant of the play he was injured on. It was a freak accident play where he slipped trying to beat Thompson and his knees buckled under him.

    It's possible to say without a pre-existing condition then maybe it doesn't sideline him. But you can't prove it. I've seen several players with no pre-existing condition tear there knees up from very similar plays. What happened happened. No one is to blame.


    Also does anyone think Van Gundy is the absolute worst announcer in all of sports? I can't stand the guy.

    I know Elway though the traveling call on Mozzy was a bad call. But I 100% think it was the absolute correct call. And I was appalled at the announcers calling it good footwork. Mainly because of their reason for saying it. They weren't saying don't call it because it was wrong. They were saying don't call it because Refs could call it all game and don't. I absolutely despise that line of thinking with NBA officiating. I don't care what point in the game it is. If someone commits a foul/turnover it should be called all game long. I hate this crap that because refs let stuff go throughout the game then they should let it go in crunch time. It's more like try telling the refs to call stuff all game.

    Furthermore I thought Kyrie should've been called for a foul on Curry on the layup attempt where they raved about his block.

    You could argue the two evened out so I'll let that go and not blame refs for the game. But it just sickened me to listen to the announcers last night down the stretch.

    I also despise the line of thinking that certain calls all game don't get called in crunch time because we don't want refs influencing the finish.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    Ultimately, as I've said, the Cavs had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter, but could not. The Warriors didn't play their A game, but neither did Cleveland. Adjustments will be made, and I fully believe the Cavs can win game 2.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,758
    Kyrie fractured knee cap. Out for finals.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    Kyrie is out 3 to 4 months with fractured knee cap.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Kyrie fractured knee cap. Out for finals.
    Seems like the teams I like always have injuries in big moments. The Broncos, and now the Cavs.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,748
    As much as I love Kyrie, the dude is just fragile. Goes all the way back to his playing days at Duke. He injures his foot on a freak play against Butler on our 10th game in the season and doesn't return till the NCAA tourney. Dude just can't stay healthy.

    What a shame cause he has the potential to be one of the best PG in the nba when healthy.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    As much as I love Kyrie, the dude is just fragile. Goes all the way back to his playing days at Duke. He injures his foot on a freak play against Butler on our 10th game in the season and doesn't return till the NCAA tourney. Dude just can't stay healthy.

    What a shame cause he has the potential to be one of the best PG in the nba when healthy.
    I agree, it stinks. It's a concern for the future as well.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    Man, I have this feeling we're gonna get blown out tonight. I sooooooo hope I'm wrong....
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,758
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Man, I have this feeling we're gonna get blown out tonight. I sooooooo hope I'm wrong....
    So far you are wrong. Warriors can't shoot to save their lives this series.

    Both teams have been sloppy to start the third.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,118
    Curry has been a non factor and looks like he is getting frustrated. And Mozgov has been a great contributor tonight.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,758
    I thought these two teams were supposed to be the best three point shooting teams.

    They've been awful this series. And it's not all credited to d.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,118
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I thought these two teams were supposed to be the best three point shooting teams.

    They've been awful this series. And it's not all credited to d.
    And now we have missed dunks.....LOL! Sloppy ball.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    And now we have missed dunks.....LOL! Sloppy ball.
    Oh my god that was so awful. That's why you don't pass it forward to the fattest most awkward player on the court.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,758
    It's bad when Klay Thompson is even missing free throws with a chance to take the lead.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,118
    That is not a flagrant foul.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •