Thread: Triple Crown

Triple Crown

Ladies, and Gentlemen we have the first triple crown horse since 1978. American Pharoah, what a horse.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

I watched it. Gave me chills. Especially the crowd reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It was awesome, my wife was stoked. It doesn't happen often, we may never see it again in our lifetime. I've seen so many horse's win the first two, only to lose the third. What was crazy is American in the other two race's didn't really hold the lead from the get go like he did today, and the jockey barely whipped him. It was almost like he jogged to the win, or didn't have to shift from 4th to 5th.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

I was part of that crowd reaction. It was awesome!!

Seeing it in person was very, very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I was part of that crowd reaction. It was awesome!!

Seeing it in person was very, very cool.
    In Person!!!!! Wow, that must have been amazing!!

I planned on watching it, and just before the race I told my wife that it was about to happen. And even though she had little interest in that type of event, she watched it with me. Watching a beautiful animal run so smoothly, is quite a sight. And winning the triple crown was a long time coming! It's not easy, and this race is long. But that beautiful horse made it look easy, wire to wire, and with a big lead at the end.

Even the jockey's comments about how smooth this horse runs, seemed special. He made it sound like this horse hits the ground differently. Like there's little impact. Amazing!!

Not to take anything away from American Pharoah but it's insane that they are saying Secretariats time would've beaten him by 15 lengths.

Not to take anything away from American Pharoah but it's insane that they are saying Secretariats time would've beaten him by 15 lengths.
    And you had to say that just when the horse was getting over its insecurities!

And it only took 3 years this time to get another triple crown winner.

And it only took 3 years this time to get another triple crown winner.
    Unreal. Takes all those years, and 3 years later we have another triple crown.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Unreal. Takes all those years, and 3 years later we have another triple crown.
    It really is funny. They already said secretariat would’ve beaten justify by 25 lengths.

I pulled up this thread from 3 years ago where I see they said secretariat would’ve beaten American Pharoah by 15 lengths. If I’m not mistake. That means justify probably wouldn’t have even finished in the top 5 of American Pharoahs class. Though I can’t remember exactly how far ahead of the pack American Pharoah was.

Funny how sometimes the triple crown comes down to how challenging your class is.

Proud that Justify is a canuck owned horse, with loads of canuck horse blood....even some from Northern Dance, a near Triple Crowner.