Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cutler's gonna be good this season?

.... this season? It's finally going to happen this season then?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...al-to-surprise

I find this interesting because we all have our own fan based relationship with Jay Cutler as Bronco fans. And the positivity of this article is both understandable - but I also see it as 'more of the same'. Yea, sure - Cutler might really have a good season. I could see it happen. In fact in year 1 when everything is fresh and new, it almost seems likely even (for Cutler).

My personal feelings are that I can see Cutler have a good season this year- but then the following season or the one after that he reverts back to the normal Cutler we've all come to know here now since he was drafted.

What do you guys think

Also listed was the Maclin / Reid reunion. That might actually be interesting there in KC. I think this could really help that KC offense and more particularly the QB - who inturn helps that offense. It'll be fun to watch if they can put it together there.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

one word answer for the Cutler thing.....NO ...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

HELL NO! He lost an elite WR, and he gained a very conservative play-caller

For what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post

For what ?
    Interceptions.

Thanks Blondie for the Sig

At least he is not considered a potential MVP candidate like in the past off-seasons.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

For what ?
    Keeping his OL well rested?

We've been hearing this since his rookie year...
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    HELL NO! He lost an elite WR, and he gained a very conservative play-caller
    Lost Marshall, but gained White and Royal. Offense could be better than 2013 when the Bears offense led the NFC in points per game.

Conservative should help Cutler, not hurt him. Bears offense should look a lot like 2010 and 2011, a run based field position team with much more talent at receiver than in those years, and if healthy a much better OL.

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    We've been hearing this since his rookie year...
    That's very true. The difference is that if Cutler does not produce in Gase's offense he will be gone in 2016. For the first time in his career Jay has got to tow the line or move on for a lot less money.

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Lost Marshall, but gained White and Royal. Offense could be better than 2013 when the Bears offense led the NFC in points per game.

Conservative should help Cutler, not hurt him. Bears offense should look a lot like 2010 and 2011, a run based field position team with much more talent at receiver than in those years, and if healthy a much better OL.
    Cutler doesn't like handing the ball off. He proved that last year when he kept audibling out of them

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Cutler doesn't like handing the ball off. He proved that last year when he kept audibling out of them
    Only if it is a 30 yard down field hand off into triple coverage while 5 yards down field he has a player wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post

That was when Chicago had one of the best defenses in the NFL, and one of the best Special Teams, they played the Packers 3 times in 2010 and never gave up 20 points of offense(7 points by Packers defense in NFCC game). The Bears offense was ranked 30th that year I believe, comparing the Bears offense to that one isn't very convincing that they will have a good offense.

I agree that a more conservative coach SHOULD help Cutler, however I don't think he will take to it. I guess we will see though.

Only if it is a 30 yard down field hand off into triple coverage while 5 yards down field he has a player wide open.
    Nice, I like that one lol. The QB position is largely mental, and part of that is discipline. He is undisciplined in not taking the higher percentage completions and doesn't make good decisions on where to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
    Nice, I like that one lol. The QB position is largely mental, and part of that is discipline. He is undisciplined in not taking the higher percentage completions and doesn't make good decisions on where to throw.
    He is Jeff George 2.0. A coach killer.

Does what he wants, to hell with the coaches.

because he knows best and has a stronger arm than Elway, which means in his mind he can force a ball into tight spots to make the big play.

He has a big league arm and a littler league mind.

As you said the QBs job is mental.
    He is a mental midget.
    Prone to blame everyone but himself for making mistakes.

Pretty sure I've covered all of what is cutler