*Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• JWinn
      Go Broncos!
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
      Got mine yesterday too JWinn! Always and exciting day in my house
      :thumb:

By far the best mail day of the year! Every year!

I assume you saw the card explaining the new Playoff tickets plan. I think they are starting to take Peyton for granted, lol. Gotta reserve them before the season even starts now.

Curious, did you also get a $10 card for Sports Authority?

Comment

• BroncosPWNn00bs
        Starter
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by JWinn View Post

I assume you saw the card explaining the new Playoff tickets plan. I think they are starting to take Peyton for granted, lol. Gotta reserve them before the season even starts now.

What is the new playoff plan for season ticket holders? And what was the old plan? Just curious.
        :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

• JWinn
          Go Broncos!
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
          What is the new playoff plan for season ticket holders? And what was the old plan? Just curious.
          Well, as I read the thing again, it's actually just an option.

Called "Pay as We Play", we can sign up, online, between Aug 10th and Sept 10, and reserve our seats for the playoffs without payment. This also claims it will "lock in the lowest possible price for the Wild Card game, if hosted in Denver", by doing this before the regular season starts.

The real difference here is that in the past we claimed our playoff tickets when we, you know, MADE THE PLAYOFFS.

We pay for them at the same time, so no change there.

Just kind of strange. Of course I am going to do this. I expect every season ticket holder will. I don't know anyone who ever passed up on the extra games. Especially in the club, as the playoffs are half the price of regular season games (personal seat license fees cannot apply to playoff games).

For me, the AFC Championship was about 30% less than regular. The best deal in sports. Only a fool (again, in the club) passes on the playoff tickets in the last three/four years. Even if you don't want to go, the resale value is incredible.

I just feel we should wait to start thinking about playoffs, until we play a few games at least.

I wonder if this is a league wide thing. Imagine a Cleveland fan getting this with their tickets?

Comment

• BroncosPWNn00bs
            Starter
            • Feb 2012

Well, as I read the thing again, it's actually just an option.

Called "Pay as We Play", we can sign up, online, between Aug 10th and Sept 10, and reserve our seats for the playoffs without payment. This also claims it will "lock in the lowest possible price for the Wild Card game, if hosted in Denver", by doing this before the regular season starts.

The real difference here is that in the past we claimed our playoff tickets when we, you know, MADE THE PLAYOFFS.

We pay for them at the same time, so no change there.

Just kind of strange. Of course I am going to do this. I expect every season ticket holder will. I don't know anyone who ever passed up on the extra games. Especially in the club, as the playoffs are half the price of regular season games (personal seat license fees cannot apply to playoff games).

For me, the AFC Championship was about 30% less than regular. The best deal in sports. Only a fool (again, in the club) passes on the playoff tickets in the last three/four years. Even if you don't want to go, the resale value is incredible.

I just feel we should wait to start thinking about playoffs, until we play a few games at least.

I wonder if this is a league wide thing. Imagine a Cleveland fan getting this with their tickets?

Thanks So that means you can lock up your seats without paying for it right now? And you also can pay for your seats now as well? So you don't owe anything come playoff time? And what if we miss the playoffs? You get the full refund in January?

But yea, I cant wait to be a season ticket holder 1 year. If only Josh McDaniels was here 1 more year, I might be But yea, we do take Peyton for granted. Even I do. I feel like the playoffs is a given now. Its kind of a cool feeling, but kind of sucks in SB or bust mentality and no game means anything anymore, because in the end, I just get mad.

But yea, Browns fans or Raider fans. You can get season tickets for as low as 250 bucks for the Raiders.
            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

• JWinn
              Go Broncos!
              • Aug 2004

We can't lock em up till August 10th. And we don't pay until they secure the spot in the playoffs.

Again, it just seems like tempting fate or something. One hit to Peyton, and we can forget about playoffs. I tend to believe in things like Karma. And getting fans to expect the playoffs before we even start the season seems like a way to make sure we miss em.

What happened to "one game at at a time"?

I'm all for confidence from the team, but lets not start writing checks before we even put the money in the bank.

Lets beat a few teams first, then talk to the fans about playoff tickets.

I guess I just don't see why there's a need to change the way this is being done. If we make the playoffs, every season ticket holder already will get the option to buy his or her tickets for them. And at what is already the lowest possible price (face value).

Unless I have been missing something here all along.

Could be.

Comment

• Frenchy180
                Football Immortal
                • Oct 2008

We can't lock em up till August 10th. And we don't pay until they secure the spot in the playoffs.

Again, it just seems like tempting fate or something. One hit to Peyton, and we can forget about playoffs. I tend to believe in things like Karma. And getting fans to expect the playoffs before we even start the season seems like a way to make sure we miss em.

What happened to "one game at at a time"?

I'm all for confidence from the team, but lets not start writing checks before we even put the money in the bank.

Lets beat a few teams first, then talk to the fans about playoff tickets.

I guess I just don't see why there's a need to change the way this is being done. If we make the playoffs, every season ticket holder already will get the option to buy his or her tickets for them. And at what is already the lowest possible price (face value).

Unless I have been missing something here all along.

Could be.

I do believe this is something league wide... I know last year the Cowboys did this...
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• 86Elwayfan
                  The Future is Upon us!!!
                  • Sep 2011

I'll be honest I haven't looked through everything just checked out the ticket book I will take a closer look tonight and report back tomorrow!
                  sigpic

Comment

• 86Elwayfan
                    The Future is Upon us!!!
                    • Sep 2011

I'll be honest I haven't looked through everything just checked out the ticket book I will take a closer look tonight and report back tomorrow!
                    I can confirm i did get a $10 card for Sports Authority.
                    sigpic

Comment

• JWinn
                      Go Broncos!
                      • Aug 2004

I can confirm i did get a $10 card for Sports Authority.

Last year I got a set of nice Broncos drinking glasses. Only cost me about 75 cents in tax!

Comment

• ebsoria
                        Former Mod Of Steel
                        • Jul 2005

Last year I got a set of nice Broncos drinking glasses. Only cost me about 75 cents in tax!

Speaking of which.. I need to find the set from (I think) Arby's with all the logos..... in time.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• JWinn
                          Go Broncos!
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                          Speaking of which.. I need to find the set from (I think) Arby's with all the logos..... in time.
                          Those are pretty cool. I am using one right now. With the football molded into the bottom.

The thing about the Arbys glasses. Just a few trips thru the dishwasher, and they are just clear glasses with a football mold in the bottom. The logo comes right off. Have to hand wash those if you use em.

Comment

• flosstein
                            Ring of Famer
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                            How do I get on the waiting list. I am 31, and would love season tickets by the time my kids are out of the house.
                            I wish u luck also! U may get them by the time you're 51! I was around #31,236 back in 2010 when I signed up. I'm currently #21,458. So if 10K every five years is about the average, I'm looking good for about 2020!
                            #swapping

Comment

• LgndKller20073
                              Practice Squad
                              • Oct 2009

Did all season ticket holders get the Sports Authority Fan Guide? That's me on the cover with my face painted! I was browsing tickets on Craigslist and happened to run across a photo of this guys season tickets next to the fan guide and realized that was me on the cover. I feel like I should get something for that!
                              Last edited by LgndKller20073; 08-18-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Western Bronco
                                Practice Squad
                                • Dec 2012

I got the fan guide, but they didn't put my picture on it. I'm insulted.

JWinn, my guess for the reason of doing the playoff "pay as we play" option is all about logistics. As in, the logistics involved in getting 75,000+ playoff tickets printed and distributed. If they can get just half the season ticket holders to commit early, (and since no payment due, probably 90%+?) they can do a bunch of computer processing early (after Sept 10), and then have a smaller load to take care of in that very short window between the time the NFL okays each team to distribute playoff tickets, and the need to get them in our hands.

They can actually print up tickets for those fans who signed up, and destroy them if the team doesn't make the playoffs. (Kind of how they print up ahead of time, two sets of shirts and hats for the World Series teams, then destroy the shirts & hats of the losing team. Imagine waiting to see who actually won the WS to print the shirts/hats?)

Put another way, it'll be quicker for the Broncos to do a short run of last-minute tickets, than the headache they must go through now, with 75,000+ all at once.

And while the computers and printers may be able to keep up at the end of the season, just think of the labor-intensive task of getting all those tickets sorted, separated, packaged, mailed, etc. It has to be quite an operation.

And if anybody backs out later on, the Broncos will get to keep their already-committed-to deposit. Sounds like a win-win situation for the Broncos.

Just guessing.

Comment

Working...
                                X