Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Siemian

Trevor Siemian

Was anyone else impressed by Trevor Siemian? I really liked what I saw out of the kid. He seemed very cool and calm in the pocket.

I thought he looked good. I was really impressed. I think he won himself more playing time and is a candidate to bump Dysert for a PS spot.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

At that level of the depth chart (or drafting position) you're really looking for potential. The question with someone like Dysert is how high his ceiling really is given the time he's been in the league (granted with not much game action and limited reps). I don't know anything about Siemian but the announcers were very high on him and mentioned he's been having a good camp, so that's what you like to see.

Siemian brought a spark and he may bump Dysert to #4 and he take the #3 spot. He has a strong arm.

Siemian looked good. He played better than Dysert IMO. If Trevor builds on that performance, he may end up on the PS.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Again I'd like to see more of course but he played very well...so far obviously better than Dysert.

I'm certainly no professional evaluator, but when I heard that we were looking at Siemian for the draft, I went and found some game footage of him. Honestly, compared to most college QBs I've watched, I was extremely impressed; I ended up trying to find everything I could on him, and by the time the draft rolled around, he was probably the prospect I had looked into the most, even though he didn't even have scouting reports on most of the draft sites I use. Strangely enough, he's probably my favorite pick from our draft; I thought we could've had him as an UDFA (in fact, I read an article from his hometown newspaper where he said as much), but I'm glad we drafted him.

Like I said, I'm no professional evaluator, so some of my takes may be off or meaningless, but what I saw was him maintaining consistent footwork, going through his progressions, and feeling pressure well. As we saw last night, he also has good ball placement. Most of that you just don't see with college QBs, especially ones you've never heard of. What really hurt him, I think, was that most of his offense was completely terrible. His line let in a lot of pressure, and other than Kyle Prater and Dan Vitale, his receivers were mediocre and dropped many passes (incidentally, with the way we seem to be using Casey/Duncan this year, Vitale could be an interesting prospect for us next year). Another thing was that, for his first three years of college, he split QB duties with a wildcat-type guy (forget his name, but he's from Cherry Creek and is currently a WR for the Vikings). I'm not sure why his stats from his senior year were so bad, but from what I saw, he played far above them.

Anyway, that's what I think and/or know about our 7th round compensatory selection.

Dysert is done, he was already in trouble when we drafted Siemian. The question now is if we keep Siemian on the roster or try to sneak him into the PS.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I found those few videos that are out there when we drafted him because I wanted to see who he was. I was impressed then and last night just reinforced how I felt.

The thing Kubiak said he likes about the kid also were on display last night. I too, am no professional evaluator but it seems clear to me his footwork is sound. As I watched how he moved in the pocket like how he dropped back and hovered, he just looked mechanically confident and efficient.

And whether or not it's fair, he outshined Dysert and it wasn't close.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    And whether or not it's fair, he outshined Dysert and it wasn't close.
    I think that's the bottom line, and it's perfectly fair.

Likewise, I think Fowler was light years better than Caldwell, and the depth chart should reflect that.

Not too hard to do the math on this one:

Siemian QB Rating = 118.8
    Dysert QB rating = 47.9

Odd to see arm chair GMs saying how impressive he looked in college. He looked terrible. His best season was 11 TDs and 9 INTs. His senior year was 7 TDs and 11 INTs. Based off of his
    College career, it was a huge shock that he was drafted and would have still been a shock if he was picked up as an UDFA.

Thankfully the scouting staff has an eye for potential and ignored his garbage college tape. Also thankful we have a good coaching staff to get the most out of his potential! From a 0 in college to potentially a practice squad #3 with decent looking upside, well done front office

As we all know though some below average college players make above average NFL players, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Was anyone else impressed by Trevor Siemian? I really liked what I saw out of the kid. He seemed very cool and calm in the pocket.
    Russell Wilson!!! Haha jk but yeah i was very impressed with him. He keeps this up and we might see him put Dysert out of a job.

He was extremely cool while dysert looked very nervuos.

Northwestern actually has a recent run of pretty good QB play at the collegiate level. Lacking mobility Siemien may have not been a great fit in that offense behind a poor o-line but did have a pretty good games against a solid Penn St. defense (21-37-258) beating the Nittany Lions 29-6 on the road as a double digit dog.