Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton or Brock

Quote Originally Posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
    Nice..guess its the difference just like people saying the word potato or tater..either way ya say it they are both good eatin..

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    He should have stepped down with his quad injury last season, until he got healed. John Fox didn't have the balls to tell him he needed to, though.
    He probably should have but, you know in your heart, that if he had done that...many of the Manning haters on here would have called him a coward, a quitter, and a wimp etc.

Lately, I have gone round and round with some people who would rather have Brock start the season. In fact, it has been suggested that Peyton be released and Brock should take over. I would like to know if this is the general feeling with Bronco fans. I personally believe that Peyton coming here was the best thing for him and the Bronco's. I think he has at least this year and maybe one more left. Does anyone support Peyton?
    Your just going to start trouble with this. Brock looks great and very promising but Peyton is the man right now and together with ubiak and Wade we have as great as shot as any to win the superbowl.

Its Peytons team and most likely will be next season as well. Something tells me that he is far from ready to hang it up.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-15-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Cant blame the losses on Peyton. Colts NEVER had a full team around him. In the playoffs you need more than a great QB. Colts only had a D that held once. 2006. It was Peyton that brought the Bronco's back and should have beaten Baltimore. That loss along with others was not his fault.
    You can blame the wins on him, but not the losses? That makes sense.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Making the playoffs 14 out of 16 years isn't clutch? Hall of Famers Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, and Fran Tarkenton disagree and would gladly take Manning's resume.
    Clutch is getting it done when it is needed the most. I would rather have Brady's accomplishments than Manning's, and I can't stand Brady. Some here act like everyone gets a trophy at the end of the year. This isn't little league.
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1

All I can remember is how feeble Peyton looked on the sidelines and 2nd half against the Colts. It was at that time, that I said we can do better or equal to this with a guy who makes less than $1M per year. I truly believe our ceiling w/ Peyton is to win the west. Playoffs= maybe 1 win. I'd rather go w/ Osweiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Charleston Cav View Post
    All I can remember is how feeble Peyton looked on the sidelines and 2nd half against the Colts. It was at that time, that I said we can do better or equal to this with a guy who makes less than $1M per year. I truly believe our ceiling w/ Peyton is to win the west. Playoffs= maybe 1 win. I'd rather go w/ Osweiler.
    It's done with now and I'm fine rolling with Peyton for the year but I'm not entirely convinced that we would do any worse with Brock.

Let's get real here. Some facts.

1. Peyton is a first ballot Hall of Famer who has already won 1 SB. Brock is a guy who played pretty well in 1/2 of a pre-season game. He will almost certainly never be in the HOF and fans shouldn't expect him to.

2. Peyton when asked last season whether he would play out his contract said "of course I will." Then he got hurt, played badly the last few games of the season and the team played badly against the Colts and they lost.

3. Then the coaching staff got fired, and Peyton reasonably questioned whether he wanted to come back in a completely new system. He wondered whether the team wanted him back and whether he would really fit in. He met with Kubiak to talk things over and Peyton became convinced the new offensive system could work and that, like Elway in 97-98 it could work for him.

4. The rookie OL struggled a bit in the first pre-season game, but they run blocked pretty well and the Broncos ran for > 100 yards even without C.J. in the game. This new ZBS looks like the real deal to me. I think they can have real success running the ball all year long.

There's just ZERO question Peyton is vastly superior to Brock. If he can stay healthy, and the team can run like they did last night, there's no reason the Broncos couldn't win another SB with Peyton. It would be beyond insane to get rid of him now and substitute an untested rookie.

All the fans who want Brock to start are going to have to accept reality. He may NEVER start a single regular season game for the Broncos at all!

Brock will be a FA next off-season. If Peyton plays well and has success in this offense, and stays healthy and the team has some success in the playoffs, is there any reason to think he WON'T come back and play out his 5 year contract next season? Why not? Will Brock want to come back and be Peyton's backup again? Or will he want to go somewhere else where he can compete to start? Especially if Peyton might conceivably even come back in 2017!

Elway is not going to push a Hall of Fame QB out the door, if he stays healthy and wants to return he'll be back - regardless of Brock Osweiler. Of course, by January he might be hurting and playing like he did at the end of last season, in which case this could be his last year.

But, this is the part that the fans need to accept - as long as Peyton stays reasonably healthy and they have success in the new offense, the Broncos are NEVER, EVER going to get rid of Peyton to start Brock.

Not this year. Not next year and not even in 2017.

Tom Brady just insisted that he's playing another 6-7 years. He's 1 year younger than Peyton so this is fantasy; he'd be 44 years old in 7 seasons! But he might play another 4 years, or till he's 41. Why couldn't Peyton do something similar and play 3 more years (till he's 41)?

Because a bunch of idiot fans want to get rid of him? Elway doesn't give a tinker's curse what the fans think. If he thinks Peyton can still play and wants to play, he's going to want him back and Brock can go fish.

We don't know how healthy Peyton will be in January, but FINALLY the Broncos have an "all-weather" offense that doesn't depend solely on Peyton having a great game on some freezing cold, windy day in January in Foxborough or something. They can run the ball. You can't run effectively out of a shot-gun. Peyton won't be in the gun much this year, just as Elway played a lot more under center his last 2 seasons.

If they can run the ball down people's throats with C.J. and then still have Peyton to throw play-action passes when they want they can keep teams from teeing off on Peyton like the Seahawks did in the SB. That formula turned Tony Romo from zero to hero in Dallas last year. It worked for Elway back in the day, why couldn't it work now?

The one question I had was whether this OL could really block well enough. Well, first test passed with flying colors.

Obviously, the verdict isn't in on the new offense yet, but I for one am optimistic. Maybe it's the orange-colored glasses, but I feel a lot better about this offense than last year.

I feel confident Peyton will be back next year. 2017? We'll have to see, but maybe. Just maybe. He doesn't look like there's anything else he wants to do but football, and Elway doesn't look like they are going to stop him coming back as long as he wants to play (and can stay healthy).

There was a famous conference between Elway & Shanahan on a golf-course in 1999, where Shanahan tried desperately to convince Elway to come back for 1 more season. History might very well repeat itself.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Charleston Cav View Post
    Did you watch training camp? Peyton looks great right now. Of course he might get hurt like he did at the end of last season, but if he stays healthy and they run the ball like they did last night against a pretty good Seattle defense, then is there any reason they can't have success in the Playoffs? NO.

Can they win the SB? Maybe. It worked for Elway.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    Clutch is getting it done when it is needed the most. I would rather have Brady's accomplishments than Manning's, and I can't stand Brady. Some here act like everyone gets a trophy at the end of the year. This isn't little league.
    So if you can't win the Super Bowl every year, you're going to recycle your QB Every season until you do? Makes sense. Why on Earth did Seattle re sign Wilson, dude didn't win it all last year, so he needs to go, same with Rodgers and Luck and all the other QB's.

Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    Brady ain't coming to Denver so why would it matter what you would "rather" have.

I'd rather have Aaron Rogers, but he's not coming here either.

Some fans need to get over themselves and saying "Brady is better than Manning! So, we need Brock Osweiler!"

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    So if you can't win the Super Bowl every year, you're going to recycle your QB Every season until you do? Makes sense. Why on Earth did Seattle re sign Wilson, dude didn't win it all last year, so he needs to go, same with Rodgers and Luck and all the other QB's.
    I never said we should get rid of him. I said he was not clutch. Others are touting his regular season performance as his resumé for eternal job security. All I am saying is that as "the best QB of all time" his job in Denver is to win Super Bowls. If he doesn't his time here is a disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Brady ain't coming to Denver so why would it matter what you would "rather" have.

I'd rather have Aaron Rogers, but he's not coming here either.

Some fans need to get over themselves and saying "Brady is better than Manning! So, we need Brock Osweiler!"

What?

Read the quote I was referencing. They were comparing Manning to other QB's. I was doing the same. Read the context before you infer that I am making this a Brady vs. Manning deal. All I am saying is I would rather have Brady's/Bradshaw's 4 rings than Manning's wins/td's/MVP awards.

Some would say John Elway wasn't successful as he spent his whole career working to get us to the super bowl and then getting embarrassed. Then Reeves left and we got Shanny and Elway played behind the best o-line in football, a great defense, TD and a coach who was ahead of many. By then Elway was kind of broken down, missed games due to injuries and still gave it his all. Manning never truly had that - unless you think Fox was equal to Shanny, which he isn't. Usually the guys who get to "win it all" really do have it all; Russell Wilson has the defense, the great back, the special teams and the coach, he threw for less than 200 yards when they beat us in the superbowl and most teams that get there and win "have it all." Dan Marino was great and successful but didn't have all around him to win a super bowl. Manning has been successful wherever he has been and I have loved him being a Bronco.

Lately, I have gone round and round with some people who would rather have Brock start the season. In fact, it has been suggested that Peyton be released and Brock should take over. I would like to know if this is the general feeling with Bronco fans. I personally believe that Peyton coming here was the best thing for him and the Bronco's. I think he has at least this year and maybe one more left. Does anyone support Peyton?
    I want Peyton here as long as he can play,Brock will be the Bronco QB in time. We have a HOF bound QB starting for the Broncos and until we all see he is done, I would think he starts...

Patience is a virtue!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOSSS!!!!