Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bring back the old uniforms!!

Bronco Nation,

Is anyone with me on wishing we could bring back the old Broncos uniforms? I'm talking about the burnt orange beauties - not our current bright orange ones with those awful dark blue boomerangs on the sides of the jersey and pants.

And we should also bring back the royal blue helmets with the Denver D on it with a snarling Bucky Bronco bursting through.

I feel like we have a deep, rich, long-rooted football tradition and the Broncos' uniform change in 1997 was totally unnecessary.

The Orange Crush unis are timeless and distinctive and belong in the same echelon as the other classics (i.e. Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, etc.)

Thoughts?

Current uniforms are pretty clean...

Wish they'd do an orange over blue pants, that'd be clean...but I'm not a fan of the old uniforms, think they're super ugly.

I've always loved the "D" helmets and burnt orange uni's the best. I hated when we switched over and always wished we could have won a SB with my fave uni's, but...oh well...I'd love to see a return but it will never happen
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Ummm..no..The old uniforms scream old..

I think this is going to be an age discussion. The kids are going to like the new area football style " cyber" bronco ones. Where the older ones. Are going to prefer the old ones. Personally I would always take the classic unis. But the current ones aren't horrible ( crept when they wear those ugly blue on blue) but I share the hate about that poor mans swoosh on the side

I can't understand why the only throwback we've worn since the switch is these ugly things:

Its "Broncos country" dude, not nation.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    I think this is going to be an age discussion. The kids are going to like the new area football style " cyber" bronco ones. Where the older ones. Are going to prefer the old ones. Personally I would always take the classic unis. But the current ones aren't horrible ( crept when they wear those ugly blue on blue) but I share the hate about that poor mans swoosh on the side
    I was thinking a similar thing after my post. I bet most fans fave uni will be the one the team was wearing when they first became a fan - except maybe the original vertical socks version
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Oh, this thread again for the millionth time....

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I can't understand why the only throwback we've worn since the switch is these ugly things:
    Aren't we undefeated while wearing these?

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

I would love to see those at least once a year. I love them. Have a few pairs of those socks too!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

I like all our uniforms so I don't really care to be honest with you. My favs are probably the ones people like the least, our road and alternates.

As long as we don't go full orange on blue crazy, I'm good.

Bonus:

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I think the new uniforms were ugly from day one. The helmet design was the best feature, but the shirt and pants, not so much! The old Brown and Yellow are nice except for the socks.

Denver wore the old orange uniforms for a Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas in 2001 or 2002.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

I liked the old white on orange road uniforms.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus