Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Has anyone had the courage to watch the Broncos vs Seahawks Super Bowl again?

I tried to watch it again to see if it was as bad as I remembered, but I couldn't bare the pain and quit right after the botched snap on the first play of the game. I'm old enough to have seen every Broncos Super Bowl. There have been some bad ones, but for me that game was the most frustrating, especially because I believed the Broncos were actually a better team than the Seahawks.
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Nope, I've seen clips on the web that show Broncos receivers wide open, but no time to get them the ball. The end (Ayers) failing to keep contain on jet sweeps and linebackers (Trevethan) stepping back, stopping and then trying to pursue Harvin, he should have been attacking as soon as he saw the sweep motion. I also saw the TE (can't think of his name) number 84, what was his name, seriously? Anyways, he completely abandons his lane on the KOR and tries to loop outside, that hole is exactly where Harvin went through.

Seeing those few clips have me never wanting to watch that game again.

EDIT: Jacob Tamme, that was the TE who left his lane.
    Last edited by Butler By'Note; 08-19-2015 at 06:54 PM.

I actually went on radio and predicted a similar score, just the other way around

Nope, couldn't bear it. Just like I couldn't bear to watch last years Indy game or the 2012 Ravens game.

I couldn't get over the Ravens game for months. No need to subject myself to any of them over again.

Why would any Broncos fan ever rewatch that?

NO. That's history! I am looking forward to the current season and the future as well. I think we have the potential to win the SB this year, problem is I think there are at least 5 other teams that also have that potential ... but I like that the team I root for is in that mix ... IMO. It doesn't matter where "we've" been, what matters is where we're going.

Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 08-19-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Yes but I didn't finish it. That's all I have to say about that.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Never rewatched it, never plan to. Seems every Super Disaster we lose has 1 defining image. Wasn't a fan until '84 so can't comment on the '77 Cowboy loss...but the Giants loss has McConkey catching that tipped TD, Redskin Timmy Smith running away from Tony Lilly in Q2, Jerry Rice bouncing off Smith & Atwater for the 1st TD, and that awful snap sailing over Peyton's head. Nope...have never watched any of them again and never will.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Never rewatched it, never plan to. Seems every Super Disaster we lose has 1 defining image. Wasn't a fan until '84 so can't comment on the '77 Cowboy loss...but the Giants loss has McConkey catching that tipped TD, Redskin Timmy Smith running away from Tony Lilly in Q2, Jerry Rice bouncing off Smith & Atwater for the 1st TD, and that awful snap sailing over Peyton's head. Nope...have never watched any of them again and never will.
    On the flip side of that, the two SB wins both have defining moments as well, actually SB XXXII has about 15 that are burned into my brain. My votes for the top one would be split between, TD running a perfect spin move in open field to avoid a tackle early in the game and continuing to go for a nice gain. Elway doing the helicopter spin (that was the point I knew the Broncos would win!). Or Atwater hammering Robert Brooks and knocking, Brooks, himself and another DB (Hilliard?) out in the process. And having said that there's the McCaffrey point after his massive block, and so many more.

In SB XXXIII the most memorable moment for me was the Rod Smith 80 yard touchdown. Calgary 7 (now Global) had "broadcast rights" in Calgary, which means they got to put their commercials into the broadcast, they came back late from that break and I just remember Smith streaking to the end zone, it wasn't until the replay that I saw what actually happened.

No never rewatched that super bowl, it was painful enough to live through at the time. I think "move forward, not back." I bet none of the seahawks rewatch the last part of last years superbowl either....

Only enough to fully grasp the fact on how bad we were unprepared..out coached and out schemed

Not even my team and....hell no. I tried to once, and as soon as I saw that snap fly over #18.... I turned it off. I would rather watch Jared Fogle eat a sammich .
    Rogue Colts Fan

The courage? Courage is feeling the fear but doing what needs to be done in spite of it. This does not need to be seen again, and those old wounds don't need to be poked.
    Last edited by L.M.; 08-19-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    No never rewatched that super bowl, it was painful enough to live through at the time. I think "move forward, not back." I bet none of the seahawks rewatch the last part of last years superbowl either....
    Only the last play... and only after a month or so.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Only enough to fully grasp the fact on how bad we were unprepared..out coached and out schemed
    I'd say the Seahawks beat you guys because they executed better and the Broncos players especially Peyton Manning was unprepared mentally. The Seahawks had the "eye of the tiger." Peyton looked scared to death and he was mentally beat when he walked off the field after the first play. When you see that look on his face, you know it's over. Scheming had little to do with the loss.