Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

waiver wire pickups

Anyone youd like us to pick up come the first round of cuts?

At this point it would just be speculation but im interested in hearing you guys throw some names out there..
    Glen Haven Fire

We might have the deepest overall team in the NFL. I say stick with who we've got.

Well gradkowski and smith may be gone. Austin is on ir. Murphy the te we got after iring austin probably wont last. Marcel jensen is probably gone. I believe that bibbs is going back to ps. I also think dysert is done as well

There will be room at some point. It is rumored that a bunch of def tackles could hit the market.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    We might have the deepest overall team in the NFL. I say stick with who we've got.
    We might have depth but are some of the starters that great? So having three guys at the spot that are not any better does not give you deep.

Just give you lots of ok players.

OL needs to be addressed

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    We are thin as can be at OL. Our depth looks terrible, our 1's did okay but it has been with some of the other teams stars not playing on D. IMO we definitely need to address Oline, probably after final cuts though, although picking up someone after first cuts who is more talented then the guy you let go is certainly a good idea, but not the best possibilty since it is first cuts.. We will see who becomes available.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Speculated and talked about are

Vernon davis, te
    Brandon mebane, dt
    Andy levitre, og
    Brandon carr, cb
    Jason babin, lb

Would levitre be worth a look? Dont know how waiver works at this point of the year so even if he were to be cut, would he be taken before we had a shot?
    Glen Haven Fire

Pick up anyone that can block.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

I don't think we will replace our starters across the OL. We might use the waiver wire to improve the depth with the backups. Shelley Smith is not playing well. Ben Garland and Gino Gradkowski are not locks for the final roster. Unfortunately, I also won't be susprised if Michael Schofield is waived.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Speculated and talked about are

Vernon davis, te
    Brandon mebane, dt
    Andy levitre, og
    Brandon carr, cb
    Jason babin, lb

Would levitre be worth a look? Dont know how waiver works at this point of the year so even if he were to be cut, would he be taken before we had a shot?
    No, veterans cut at this time of year don't hit waivers; anyone cut out of training camp will be a free agent who can sign anywhere.

Veterans only go on waivers after the trade deadline (though I can't remember when that is... week 10, maybe?).

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I don't think we will replace our starters across the OL. We might use the waiver wire to improve the depth with the backups. Shelley Smith is not playing well. Ben Garland and Gino Gradkowski are not locks for the final roster. Unfortunately, I also won't be susprised if Michael Schofield is waived.
    This seems likeliest at this point. I don't really know any names of capable guys on the bubble, though, except for possibly Zane Beadles (though even with him, I'm not sure it's the right situation).

I'm sure it's been talked to death already, and I know it won't happen, but Evan Mathis really could be a good pickup for us. Max Garcia has been playing well, but if we could sign Mathis to start, Garcia could be a great backup for the entire interior line.

Considering how far down we are to claim someone worth wild, we'd have to trade for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    Considering how far down we are to claim someone worth wild, we'd have to trade for a player.
    I wonder if Elway could find any wild guys?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    Elway has found cast offs of other teams at all stages of the season. Ya never know what could turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I wonder if Elway could find any wild guys?
    I just knew you would comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Elway has found cast offs of other teams at all stages of the season. Ya never know what could turn up.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    No, veterans cut at this time of year don't hit waivers; anyone cut out of training camp will be a free agent who can sign anywhere.

Veterans only go on waivers after the trade deadline (though I can't remember when that is... week 10, maybe?).

This seems likeliest at this point. I don't really know any names of capable guys on the bubble, though, except for possibly Zane Beadles (though even with him, I'm not sure it's the right situation).

I'm sure it's been talked to death already, and I know it won't happen, but Evan Mathis really could be a good pickup for us. Max Garcia has been playing well, but if we could sign Mathis to start, Garcia could be a great backup for the entire interior line.
    Beadles is currently listed as the first team LG for the Jaguars. He has a big contract and is probably being pushed by 3rd round rookie A.J. Cann.

If Beadles was to be released, he would be better than Garland and Smith IMO.

Your dream came true as Evan Mathis was signed. Garcia will be a great interior backup and might even start a game or two.

I wish Denver had Jacksonville's RT, since I could get a pretty cool jersey then.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus