Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think Zane Beadles would be a great pickup for our zone scheme but I doubt he would sign on to be a backup. Brandon Mebane would be an interesting, although I think it would be the same situation, expectations of starting that we may not want to guarantee.

Seems like there will be a lot of notable rb to hit the market. One site had montee ball being cut.

With mebane, would we have enough cap for him?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Seems like there will be a lot of notable rb to hit the market. One site had montee ball being cut.

With mebane, would we have enough cap for him?
    Do not see the Broncos having a lot to spend unless they cut a sizable contract themselves. Not sure who that would be honestly.

I have not seen the cap numbers since Mathis signed. Oddly, JointBronco has not updated the cap thread. Is he slacking or just on vacation? (just joking). I am lost w/o his analysis. Speculation on my part but at this point the Broncos have only a couple million remaining. I would not expect any significant signings as players get cut.

One of ours got picked up. Zac Dysert claimed by the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    One of ours got picked up. Zac Dysert claimed by the Bears.
    Fox and Gase are going to replace Cutler.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Fox and Gase are going to replace Cutler.
    Good luck with that.....

Mebane is expected to be cut? Wow. I still remember us getting into those sweepstakes a few years back...

I still think we need a run stopping NT

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    At least until Wolfe gets back the line needs some shoring up.

Sounds like a guy you line up in an even numbered technique who commands a double and plays two gaps. That's the definition of the traditional style of 0 tech in an odd front D that funnels runs to the middle.

In spite of being an odd front, it is my understanding that Wade Phillips' run D plays one gap and spills to the sideline. I think he may want his down linemen to be quick off the ball to hit their assigned gap.

We'll see what happens.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Not in this defense we don't. Sly us the biggest NT Wade Phillips has had since Jamal Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    We might have the deepest overall team in the NFL. I say stick with who we've got.
    Wouldn't quite say we have the deepest overall team but we are definitely up there in the ranks. I have been very impressed with JE and Co ability to retain key players and replace the lost contributors with respectable players as the last few years and the next year or to have made/make me nervous due to the cap making it inevitable to pay everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    We might have depth but are some of the starters that great? So having three guys at the spot that are not any better does not give you deep.

Just give you lots of ok players.
    Once again I wouldn't argue that we are tops in the ranks but if you break it down by the positional groups we look pretty good.
    QB-Top 10, Peyton may not be who he was but he stills gets it done with the best of them.
    RB-Top 10, we might not have a top 10 RB but we certainly have a top 10 committee, CJ very well could be a top rb after this year and Hillman is a fine fit as a backup, Juwan can do everything, Montee hasn't looked good lately but he has produced in a limited amount, Bibbs could show us something. I have no doubt we will produce in the run game.
    WR-Top 5,DT and Sanders are IMO the best wr tandem in the nfl but for some reason analysts don't give them quite that much love but really who is better GB? even healthy Jordy is a wash with DT and Cobb and Sanders =same. Colts probably have a deeper rotation but Andre is not quite on DT level anymore and Ty produces similar to sanders. If latimer breaks out even slightly we reign in this category.
    TE- Top 16, plenty of teams have better TE's but Owen daniels is a steady contributor and Virgil is very underrated..pretty formable duo.
    O-line- The one category where we lack...we are better than some and if the younger players develop we could overachieve...Mathis signing could be huge, also Peyton is good at erasing some deficiencies here.
    D-Line-Top 10, call me a homer but I think we are in real good shape here. I think Malik is a sleeper superstar...could really show here in the 3-4, Wolfe has been better than average and is also more of a fit in the 3-4, Anunike is playing lights out, Kilgo and Sly are impressing coaches so the rotation of a potential superstar, Above-Average player, 2 promising unknowns, and a developing coaches praise DT for 3 positions seems pretty strong especially when they are all position versatile.
    Pass-Rushers-Top 5, Von,Ware,Ray in addition to our D-line rushers easily puts us at the top. Analysts are drooling over our group here.
    Coverage LBs-Top 5, hard to say in the new scheme but Trevathan and Marshall have both been extremely impressive in their stints and PFF found Marshalls claim to "best coverage lb in NFL" to be accurate as their rankings put him at #1 in this category.
    Secondary-Top 5, Harris and Talib are one of the best CB duos in the game, Roby had a hell of a rookie year and if all goes well will develop further(haven't heard much news on him this year) and we have Ward who was a stud a few years ago backing them up, Ward seems to be liking the new scheme so hopefully we see the Ward of the browns when he was one of the 2 gem FA safeties. Free safety is a question mark for me hence the top 5 and not #1 but I believe our 4/5 studs will perform remarkably and other than Seattle I cant think of a better group of back-end defenders.
    Call me a homer but I believe my statements to be reasonable/Realistic. If you have an argument here I would love to here it and your examples of teams whose position groups top ours and push us out of where I have us ranked. As it stands our team looks pretty good with our defense being in the running for best in the NFL and our offense is a question mark but our skill positions are loaded, only question is how our O-line will do and how we mesh with Kubes new offense.

Edit to last post: Site wouldn't let me edit in existing post.
    Top paragraph-....the next year or two*.......making it impossible* to pay everyone.

Call me a homer for potential, but I wouldnt mind seeing Bowers brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I wonder if Elway could find any wild guys?
    We got a funny guy