Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Xbox One Madden 16 online franchise

So the new game comes out tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm getting it yet but I wanted to gauge interest and see how many people we could get in an online league this year?

I had intended to stick to Madden 15 but we pretty much have lost just about everyone in the league due to Madden 16. If I pre-order today I can still get the game for $49.99 on Prime even if it doesn't deliver tomorrow.

Last year we started off with 12 players in season 1 and it was great while it lasted. Then settled into a steady 6 after that.

If we have 8-10 people interested in joining then it would be well worth it to me. But if no one is interested then I'll just let this thread die.

Let me know.

I just bought it, not sure if I want to do an online league this year. I was planning on just doing an offline league and playing as I can. I'm teaching night classes again this semester and that really makes it tough.
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

I would be in the same boat as juice. I would be able to do the game a week against users as the weekends I usually have free but during the week I probably would never get user games in unless someone wanted to stay up till 11 central time.

But I Bought it so if we do one I would probably attempt and if I hold people up I would probably drop out.

Played the opening scene this morning, graphics have improved, player movements seem smoother, and it will take me a little bit to get used to the new WR/CB interactions. Also it seems the QB passing game is a little different with the ability to throw lob passes and "low" passes, don't remember that being in 15 or maybe I missed that.
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    Played the opening scene this morning, graphics have improved, player movements seem smoother, and it will take me a little bit to get used to the new WR/CB interactions. Also it seems the QB passing game is a little different with the ability to throw lob passes and "low" passes, don't remember that being in 15 or maybe I missed that.
    No that is new. Trying to throw low has caused me to skip some passes into my WR. Usually I do it on curl routes to keep it away from the defense but it has led to a few incompletions.

My favorite thing though might have to be flags. They can kill a drive and it is nice to see but I might bump them up a little so I get a few more since I'm getting about 5a game total.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    No that is new. Trying to throw low has caused me to skip some passes into my WR. Usually I do it on curl routes to keep it away from the defense but it has led to a few incompletions.

My favorite thing though might have to be flags. They can kill a drive and it is nice to see but I might bump them up a little so I get a few more since I'm getting about 5a game total.

5 a game still sounds like 5 a game more than the average on 15 and 25.

I'm waiting to see the IGN review of the game today. I didn't end up doing the pre-order though. So I'll probably wait for Black Friday deals now.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    5 a game still sounds like 5 a game more than the average on 15 and 25.

I'm waiting to see the IGN review of the game today. I didn't end up doing the pre-order though. So I'll probably wait for Black Friday deals now.
    Yeah and I have seen PI offense and defense which is nice. Just sucks having a flag ruin a big play lol.

Hoping by the time they have an updated roster they can fix the rookie bug so I can get my franchise going. Even with the rookie bug I will probably still stay after updated rosters.

Tried starting one but having our starting offensive line not even be starters and rated so poorly makes it hard for me to start rebuilding the offense. Because I think the current roster has it

Harris smith Gradkowski Vasquez Clark

But I want to start my youth movement and get my line young and give oz the keys. Defense is weird because Shane Ray is rated the same as ware so he started. Was wondering why I was getting sacks with Ware in the preseason game after the starters were benched lol.

I'll take ya'lls word for it on reviews. But from what I've been reading on the interim IGN review just really makes me not want Madden 16 with the mechanics changes.

I've already complained openly in the past on here about them trying to make sports games far too realistic these days. Which is fine but at times makes them far too complicated. I still consider myself to be pretty good at Madden 15 but the mechanics get tougher each year.

Reading some of these changes for 16 just seems too much. To the point where as a casual gamer I feel like another 2-3 years and I won't be able to play these games anymore.

I was reading about the passing with throwing high and low being different buttons instead of an analog flip. And it just seems like too much to remember while also hitting a button for which receiver and remembering to avoid sacks.

Again if you guys say it's not too drastic to learn I'll probably end up giving it a shot. Just from what I've heard so far it doesn't sound too appealing to me.

I'll take ya'lls word for it on reviews. But from what I've been reading on the interim IGN review just really makes me not want Madden 16 with the mechanics changes.

I've already complained openly in the past on here about them trying to make sports games far too realistic these days. Which is fine but at times makes them far too complicated. I still consider myself to be pretty good at Madden 15 but the mechanics get tougher each year.

Reading some of these changes for 16 just seems too much. To the point where as a casual gamer I feel like another 2-3 years and I won't be able to play these games anymore.

I was reading about the passing with throwing high and low being different buttons instead of an analog flip. And it just seems like too much to remember while also hitting a button for which receiver and remembering to avoid sacks.

Again if you guys say it's not too drastic to learn I'll probably end up giving it a shot. Just from what I've heard so far it doesn't sound too appealing to me.
    I haven't had to much trouble and you can pass just fine without those buttons and using the stick to control it like last year seems the same just seems the button will allow more control like hitting a fade which always seemed impossible in prior maddens. I would point it was sorta like when they redid the running back with the running abilities using the left trigger. If you never use it you still can run just fine.

Catching can get a little confusing but I have gotten into a habit already that if I'm not going to do an aggressive catch I usually just let the computer do it. Granted I should learn to do the possession catch for when throwing into tight coverage where they are going to take a shot, but I personally like the added depth.

I would prefer them to get away from catering to a casual crowd and start focusing more on simulation football which does has depth. I have enjoyed the direction this team has slowly been taking the game but there still are bugs I wish they would work out. But like the tackling and WR/DB interaction looks good combined with penalties I have enjoyed this version more than last year.

I did play the new mode draft champions which was unique as you are given a default team sorta like MUT and you have 15 rounds of picking from 3 players to improve your team. Sucked if you used a pick on a LT because you thought he was the best choice and the next round had a better one. I ended up passing on Steve Atwater on the final round because they had him at FS and the round before I picked Byrd lol. Ended up taking the Oline that boosted my internal line. I'm thinking I might continue to play this until the rosters are updated and possible patch hits.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I'm still on the fence about it. I probably won't be getting it for awhile if at all. Madden always tends to suck me in with hope and promise of a better game but it never delivers. It's kinda like Destiny in that regard.

I've been impressed with it so far. Presentation is the best it's ever been. Definitely looks/feels more like Sunday football.

The passing game is much improved (playing on All-Pro). Missed throws, drops, etc should lower the crazy completion % of 15. Also sacks aren't easy like 15, the cpu will throw it away or get rid of it

I think this is the first year in a while where going to the new Madden felt worth the $$$. I'm also waiting to start my CCM once rosters get a little more solodified. So probably right before he season starts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    I've been impressed with it so far. Presentation is the best it's ever been. Definitely looks/feels more like Sunday football.

The passing game is much improved (playing on All-Pro). Missed throws, drops, etc should lower the crazy completion % of 15. Also sacks aren't easy like 15, the cpu will throw it away or get rid of it

I think this is the first year in a while where going to the new Madden felt worth the $$$. I'm also waiting to start my CCM once rosters get a little more solodified. So probably right before he season starts lol.
    I would recommend draft champion to past the time. It was fun drafting a team including legends

So the new game comes out tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm getting it yet but I wanted to gauge interest and see how many people we could get in an online league this year?

I had intended to stick to Madden 15 but we pretty much have lost just about everyone in the league due to Madden 16. If I pre-order today I can still get the game for $49.99 on Prime even if it doesn't deliver tomorrow.

Last year we started off with 12 players in season 1 and it was great while it lasted. Then settled into a steady 6 after that.

If we have 8-10 people interested in joining then it would be well worth it to me. But if no one is interested then I'll just let this thread die.

Let me know.
    I'm down if you want to start an online league!

Played a few games last night and all I can say is, "it Madden". If someone enjoys Madden for all it's pluses and flaws, it is what it always is. If someone is stuck on what was a truly great experience a decade ago (NFL2K5……) and hasn't yet moved on that it's not coming back (not pointing anyone out, I just get tired of people STILL comparing it to 2K5. I had 5 conversations about that game last week!), then you won't like it, and still secretly play Madden every night, because it's the only real NFL game out.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I'm down if you want to start an online league!

Played a few games last night and all I can say is, "it Madden". If someone enjoys Madden for all it's pluses and flaws, it is what it always is. If someone is stuck on what was a truly great experience a decade ago (NFL2K5……) and hasn't yet moved on that it's not coming back (not pointing anyone out, I just get tired of people STILL comparing it to 2K5. I had 5 conversations about that game last week!), then you won't like it, and still secretly play Madden every night, because it's the only real NFL game out.
    Lol I had an argument about that game with a co worker not too long ago. He was jumping on the wagon of NFL2k5 being better than Madden 15. I just laughed him out of the building.

Don't get me wrong it was one of my all time favorites. But it was really only good for it's time. Personally I think it drastically pales in comparison to current gen Madden. And it's not even close.

But if you are truly interested that would currently put me up to 4 users. I told my co workers if we can get to 6-8 I'll buy it this week. Still haven't yet but I'm 100% into online leagues. It's my favorite thing to do in video games.

So you have already peaked my interest much more by stating interest. Would need your GT though.

Also I'm not at all worried that I'll love Madden 16. Madden may have it's flaws but it's the only football option. And it's not as bad as some say. I just didn't want to pay $50 without a decent online league. This is the first step in it being worth the money to me though.

I feel bad because I disliked 2k5 but that was mainly due to the controls lol. Taping A to sprint annoyed me too no ends. Watching guys get chased down that shouldn't because I didn't want to spas out on the A button.

So glad they went away from that in sports games