Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: 8/31 Cuts!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,675
    But on topic the only one that surprises me is Joe Don Duncan only because I figured they would keep him on for the final game to play fullback. Wonder if we will just use Casey or if one of the other tight ends play fullback.

    Than again I don't remember who else we used at fullback. But I didn't expect him to male the team.

    I'm interested how the wide receiver shapes up. I only believe we carry 5 and the top 3 are locked and I think the last two will be between Norwood Caldwell fowler and Taylor.

    I believe it will be Norwood and fowler as they can contribute more on special teams.

  2. #17
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,122
    ^ I agree I was a little shocked to see Joe Don Duncan go in the first round of cuts. All the impressions on him from camp were good, and he's a really versatile player. Personally would rather have Joe Don on the team than Montee Ball.

    James Casey will be the full time fullback.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,641
    I was a bit surprised over Joe Don, I thought he would be amauler for us coming out of the Backfield. I guess it will be on Casey and/or Thompson. Also a little surprised that they traded Clark withour Oline dpeth issues. But guess that means they have a lot more faith in the backups here now so that is a good thing.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,641
    Dysert does not surprise me at all, I think the writing was on the wall for that one. It does kinda surprise me Marsh is still on the roster. When I've seen him , he has looked horrid and we certainly have depth at the position. I am very eager for final cuts and especailly WR. Hoping Norwood and Fowler make team with Taylor going to PS
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    9,526
    I wonder what we got for Clark? A bag of deflated footballs and 3 pairs of used socks.

    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    7,143
    Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I wonder what we got for Clark? A bag of deflated footballs and 3 pairs of used socks.
    2016 7th round pick, but more importantly we get some salary cap relief.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,744
    Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I wonder what we got for Clark? A bag of deflated footballs and 3 pairs of used socks.
    He was traded to the Texans not the Patriots.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,744
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I was a bit surprised over Joe Don, I thought he would be amauler for us coming out of the Backfield. I guess it will be on Casey and/or Thompson. Also a little surprised that they traded Clark withour Oline dpeth issues. But guess that means they have a lot more faith in the backups here now so that is a good thing.
    I wonder too about Clark with our depth issues. It makes the Clady question next year even more intriguing. Perhaps they were really tired of having a guy that was getting expensive relative to his performance and think the experiment has to finally come to an end. It may be a gamble to find somebody else on the waiver wire.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I wonder too about Clark with our depth issues. It makes the Clady question next year even more intriguing. Perhaps they were really tired of having a guy that was getting expensive relative to his performance and think the experiment has to finally come to an end. It may be a gamble to find somebody else on the waiver wire.
    Maybe Roberts or Sweeton makes the team? Maybe they think Garcia can backup at tackle also?
    It looked like Clark was the perfect swing backup at tackle. Surprising move.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    10,972
    They either have a line on a tackle in the cuts or they really are happy with Schofield, Harris, and Sambrailo.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    9,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    2016 7th round pick, but more importantly we get some salary cap relief.
    Sorry, That was my feeble attempt at making a joke.

    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,641
    Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    Sorry, That was my feeble attempt at making a joke.
    Yes it was
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    15,051
    Duncan and the trade of Clark are the biggest surprises. If Ty gets hurt I assume Ryan Harris slides to LT and Schofield at RT? Also Reggie Walker was a complete ghost for supposedly knowing how to play every linebacker position. Dysert was gone two plays into Siemian's first drive

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,641
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Duncan and the trade of Clark are the biggest surprises. If Ty gets hurt I assume Ryan Harris slides to LT and Schofield at RT? Also Reggie Walker was a complete ghost for supposedly knowing how to play every linebacker position. Dysert was gone when we drafted Siemian
    Corrected that for ya
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,593
    Clark getting traded now shows he was likely going to get cut if the trade didn't happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •