Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 8/31 Cuts!

But on topic the only one that surprises me is Joe Don Duncan only because I figured they would keep him on for the final game to play fullback. Wonder if we will just use Casey or if one of the other tight ends play fullback.

Than again I don't remember who else we used at fullback. But I didn't expect him to male the team.

I'm interested how the wide receiver shapes up. I only believe we carry 5 and the top 3 are locked and I think the last two will be between Norwood Caldwell fowler and Taylor.

I believe it will be Norwood and fowler as they can contribute more on special teams.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    ^ I agree I was a little shocked to see Joe Don Duncan go in the first round of cuts. All the impressions on him from camp were good, and he's a really versatile player. Personally would rather have Joe Don on the team than Montee Ball.

James Casey will be the full time fullback.

I was a bit surprised over Joe Don, I thought he would be amauler for us coming out of the Backfield. I guess it will be on Casey and/or Thompson. Also a little surprised that they traded Clark withour Oline dpeth issues. But guess that means they have a lot more faith in the backups here now so that is a good thing.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Dysert does not surprise me at all, I think the writing was on the wall for that one. It does kinda surprise me Marsh is still on the roster. When I've seen him , he has looked horrid and we certainly have depth at the position. I am very eager for final cuts and especailly WR. Hoping Norwood and Fowler make team with Taylor going to PS

I wonder what we got for Clark? A bag of deflated footballs and 3 pairs of used socks.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I wonder what we got for Clark? A bag of deflated footballs and 3 pairs of used socks.
    2016 7th round pick, but more importantly we get some salary cap relief.

He was traded to the Texans not the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I was a bit surprised over Joe Don, I thought he would be amauler for us coming out of the Backfield. I guess it will be on Casey and/or Thompson. Also a little surprised that they traded Clark withour Oline dpeth issues. But guess that means they have a lot more faith in the backups here now so that is a good thing.
    I wonder too about Clark with our depth issues. It makes the Clady question next year even more intriguing. Perhaps they were really tired of having a guy that was getting expensive relative to his performance and think the experiment has to finally come to an end. It may be a gamble to find somebody else on the waiver wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I wonder too about Clark with our depth issues. It makes the Clady question next year even more intriguing. Perhaps they were really tired of having a guy that was getting expensive relative to his performance and think the experiment has to finally come to an end. It may be a gamble to find somebody else on the waiver wire.
    Maybe Roberts or Sweeton makes the team? Maybe they think Garcia can backup at tackle also?
    It looked like Clark was the perfect swing backup at tackle. Surprising move.

They either have a line on a tackle in the cuts or they really are happy with Schofield, Harris, and Sambrailo.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    2016 7th round pick, but more importantly we get some salary cap relief.
    Sorry, That was my feeble attempt at making a joke.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Sorry, That was my feeble attempt at making a joke.
    Yes it was

Duncan and the trade of Clark are the biggest surprises. If Ty gets hurt I assume Ryan Harris slides to LT and Schofield at RT? Also Reggie Walker was a complete ghost for supposedly knowing how to play every linebacker position. Dysert was gone two plays into Siemian's first drive

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Duncan and the trade of Clark are the biggest surprises. If Ty gets hurt I assume Ryan Harris slides to LT and Schofield at RT? Also Reggie Walker was a complete ghost for supposedly knowing how to play every linebacker position. Dysert was gone when we drafted Siemian
    Corrected that for ya

Clark getting traded now shows he was likely going to get cut if the trade didn't happen.