Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pre Season Draft/Watch list

First I think any picks we do not use should be traded for picks in the following draft. If Oz is not the future of this team we should stock pile some picks incase we need to make a clean break.

1 Darian Thompson Boise St S
    A great ball thief who can easily help double team the biggest threats on the field. He has the size and run support ability to play both positions and is potentially the elite S we have been looking for.

2 Adam Gotsis Georgia Tech DE/DT
    Long arms, a trim middle and surprising athleticism. His quickness allows him to slip blocks while playing defensive tackle, resulting in impact plays. Gotsis is also powerful. He anchors well to create a pile in short-yardage situations. Strong and coordinated athlete, his hustle and smarts allow him to be active and a headache for offenses.

3 Jason Spriggs Indiana Zone Blocking OT
    Starting LT since freshman year with elite quickness off the snap smooth body control and natural movement in space. Fights through the whistle. Surrendered only 1 sack his last season and 3 in total in his last 24 games.

6 Kris Frost Auburn LB
    Has the speed to flash and the strength to hold up on the perimeter, along with athleticism and awareness. Displays agility and explosiveness. Athleticism can stand out in coverage at times. Has a flare for big plays, with the ability to make splashy plays in critical situations. Frost's speed and agility could help him enjoy a breakout campaign.

UDFA LeShaun Sims Southern Utah CB
    A rare talent in the FCS who could easily slip through the cracks come draft day. He is a standout defensive player in the Big Sky
    --------------------
    UDFA Eric Mac Lain Clemson G
    Someone who can add depth to the interior, not necessarily a need but always good to have.

UDFA Keith Marshall Georgia RB
    The other half of Georgias running tandem and someone who might be nice to bring in and compete.

UDFA Ricardo Louis Auburn WR
    UDFA Noah Spence OLB/DE Eastern Kentucky
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-03-2015 at 06:28 AM.

Guys on my short list

Scooby Wright LB
    Germain Ifedi OT
    Jaylon Smith LB
    Jordan Shelly-Smith OT
    Brandon Shell OT
    Ronnie Staley OT
    Quin Blanding S
    Ryan Switzer WR/KR
    Jabari Hunt-Days DT
    James Connor DT

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Guys on my short list

Scooby Wright LB
    Germain Ifedi OT
    Jaylon Smith LB
    Jordan Shelly-Smith OT
    Brandon Shell OT
    Ronnie Staley OT
    Quin Blanding S
    Ryan Switzer WR/KR
    Jabari Hunt-Days DT
    James Connor DT
    I like Jaylon Smith but I have a feeling he will be out range when we pick

Also Jabari is a DE/OLB and the only James (Connor) I know of is a RB though his is Conner, where does this James go to school

Jarran Reed is the only potential NT I have seen besides A'Shawn Robinson but he would require a draft pick despite having red flags
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-03-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post

Also Jabari is a DE/OLB and the only James (Connor) I know of is a RB though his is Conner, where does this James go to school

Jarran Reed is the only potential NT I have seen besides A'Shawn Robinson but he would require a draft pick despite having red flags
    Ya I meant RB, also JHD is up to 300lbs and playing interior as well as DE now.

Switzer is on showcase right now if anyone is interested.

Dak Prescott for me

I think Jaylon,Germain,Connor,Scooby,Ronnie, and Blanding could all be gone by the time we pick but I would be happy with any of them if they fell except for maybe Connor and that is just because our RB group seems to be in good shape imo which is bittersweet because this rb class is loaded(Zeke,Henry,Connor, and Booker are studs). All of these players seem special and play at some of our most pressing positional issues. Von, Trevathan, and Marshall are due for contracts soon and I would bet money that one of Tre or Marshall will be getting paid by someone else unfortunately, but that leaves a perfect fit for Jaylon or Scooby. O-line is obviously a ? so getting another tackle wouldn't be too bad of an idea. FS is where we could use an upgrade most IMO. Most of the top Defenses have a strong middle fielder in the backend. As for some other players I am interested in...
    Christian Hackenberg QB Penn St.( My draft crush...have a feeling this guy will be elite in the NFL)
    Deforest Buckner DE Oregon (Big Boy Replacement if we lose one of Malik/Wolfe)
    Shawn Oakman DE Baylor (Maybe a bit too much hype/overrated but potential is there.another De replacement)
    Tony Connor FS Ole miss (middle fielder to tie the bow on our Secondary)
    OJ Howard TE Alabama (Athletic specimen who still hasn't quite put it together)
    Andrew Billings DT Baylor( benches 500, squats 800 deadlifts 705 and ran an unofficial 4.9 forty...had the most QB hurries at Baylor last season...Danny Shelton 2.0?)
    Laquan McGowan TE Baylor( one of the players I am most excited to watch this year as this is a unique test case, 400lb TE?! he has been playing some FB and G as well so could be a fun chess piece for us)
    Am I the only one who sees this class as being loaded?

Anyone see WR as a potential high round need? if a special player dropped to us anyway? I know we have an awesome WR group but by the time the draft rolls around Sanders will only have a year left on his contract and if he produces anything close to what he has for us, I cant see us being able to pony up for the inevitable raise. If Latimer poops the bed again I am not so sure how I feel about rolling with DT as our only proven playmaker on the outside even though some of our lower tier guys like Jordan Taylor are showing glimpses of hope. We have bigger needs so I don't see us spending a 1-3 rd pick on a pass-catcher but the situation has me thinking... If one of Treadwell, Boyd(DUI might drop him a little?), or Evan Engram(TE in WR body...either position works for us) fell to us I would contemplate it strongly. I am a huge Oregon fan so I would love to see us pick up Byron Marshall some where outside of round 1 to use as a gadget player...1000 yard rusher and then a 1000 yard receiver...could be our non head-case version of Percy Harvin. An idea to ponder is all....if not then maybe 2017 we can grab my guy Marquez North out of Tennessee

Scooby! You can always find good DBs at Virginia Tech.

And scooby gets hurt, and will have an MRzi

Quote Originally Posted by sodak_bronco View Post
    I think Jaylon,Germain,Connor,Scooby,Ronnie, and Blanding could all be gone by the time we pick but I would be happy with any of them if they fell except for maybe Connor and that is just because our RB group seems to be in good shape imo which is bittersweet because this rb class is loaded(Zeke,Henry,Connor, and Booker are studs). All of these players seem special and play at some of our most pressing positional issues. Von, Trevathan, and Marshall are due for contracts soon and I would bet money that one of Tre or Marshall will be getting paid by someone else unfortunately, but that leaves a perfect fit for Jaylon or Scooby. O-line is obviously a ? so getting another tackle wouldn't be too bad of an idea. FS is where we could use an upgrade most IMO. Most of the top Defenses have a strong middle fielder in the backend. As for some other players I am interested in...
    Christian Hackenberg QB Penn St.( My draft crush...have a feeling this guy will be elite in the NFL)
    Deforest Buckner DE Oregon (Big Boy Replacement if we lose one of Malik/Wolfe)
    Shawn Oakman DE Baylor (Maybe a bit too much hype/overrated but potential is there.another De replacement)
    Tony Connor FS Ole miss (middle fielder to tie the bow on our Secondary)
    OJ Howard TE Alabama (Athletic specimen who still hasn't quite put it together)
    Andrew Billings DT Baylor( benches 500, squats 800 deadlifts 705 and ran an unofficial 4.9 forty...had the most QB hurries at Baylor last season...Danny Shelton 2.0?)
    Laquan McGowan TE Baylor( one of the players I am most excited to watch this year as this is a unique test case, 400lb TE?! he has been playing some FB and G as well so could be a fun chess piece for us)
    Am I the only one who sees this class as being loaded?
    A major reason why Keith Marshall seems like a good fit right now, because as is he could easily go undrafted. I don't expect much from him because he comes from a RB factory with a solid O-line and is used to larger holes then he will see in the NFL but I do think he could be a serviceable backup if not camp fotter

As for Tony Conner hes a SS, he is the middle of the field run stopper he essentially would play the same spot as Ward. He doesn't have back field experience like Thompson and he certainly doesn't have his size speed or ball handling skills. If Thompson doesn't fall to us Ild keep an I on Jeremy Cash from Duke he plays both but S positions but is prominent in the flats. Though I would still keep an eye on Conner but right now he looks closer to SS/OLB then he does a FS

Buckner or Nkemdiche following to us would be a dream but I doubt it, but Gotsis is developing quickly he is someone I would not shy away from.

As for TE Nick Vannett who is not quite the specimen of Howard but would be a welcomed addition to this team. Though if we don't draft one Caleb Smith out of Oregon St.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-04-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sodak_bronco View Post
    Anyone see WR as a potential high round need? if a special player dropped to us anyway? I know we have an awesome WR group but by the time the draft rolls around Sanders will only have a year left on his contract and if he produces anything close to what he has for us, I cant see us being able to pony up for the inevitable raise. If Latimer poops the bed again I am not so sure how I feel about rolling with DT as our only proven playmaker on the outside even though some of our lower tier guys like Jordan Taylor are showing glimpses of hope. We have bigger needs so I don't see us spending a 1-3 rd pick on a pass-catcher but the situation has me thinking... If one of Treadwell, Boyd(DUI might drop him a little?), or Evan Engram(TE in WR body...either position works for us) fell to us I would contemplate it strongly. I am a huge Oregon fan so I would love to see us pick up Byron Marshall some where outside of round 1 to use as a gadget player...1000 yard rusher and then a 1000 yard receiver...could be our non head-case version of Percy Harvin. An idea to ponder is all....if not then maybe 2017 we can grab my guy Marquez North out of Tennessee
    Mekale McKay is the athletic freak in this draft and he can catch just everything else bothers me

If you want a solid Big Body receiver Devon Cajuste from Stanford is a nice hidden talent

I must say I watched the Michigan game, and two guys stood out to me.

Devontae Booker RB from Utah. I know you CFB diehards knew who he was, but his pass catching and pass pro was way better than I expected.

Chris Wormley DE dominates the first half, at 6-4 300lbs he lived in the backfield. Definitely a guy I will keep an eye on.

NT A'Shawn Robinson
    ILB Jaylon Smith
    TE Bucky Hodges

On my watch list
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

A major reason why Keith Marshall seems like a good fit right now, because as is he could easily go undrafted. I don't expect much from him because he comes from a RB factory with a solid O-line and is used to larger holes then he will see in the NFL but I do think he could be a serviceable backup if not camp fotter

As for Tony Conner hes a SS, he is the middle of the field run stopper he essentially would play the same spot as Ward. He doesn't have back field experience like Thompson and he certainly doesn't have his size speed or ball handling skills. If Thompson doesn't fall to us Ild keep an I on Jeremy Cash from Duke he plays both but S positions but is prominent in the flats. Though I would still keep an eye on Conner but right now he looks closer to SS/OLB then he does a FS

Buckner or Nkemdiche following to us would be a dream but I doubt it, but Gotsis is developing quickly he is someone I would not shy away from.

As for TE Nick Vannett who is not quite the specimen of Howard but would be a welcomed addition to this team. Though if we don't draft one Caleb Smith out of Oregon St.
    I was looking at Conner more as an interchangeable S with Ward as I know he can play a little nickleback and is a decent cover safety but I suppose I could see the issues with 2 Safeties with just okay cover skills as opposed to finding a real ball-hawk FS. As for Keith Marshall I am not sure if you thought I was referring to him? I was talking about how we will likely lose one of our ILBs(Brandon Marshall or Danny T) but I do like KM as he has some speed and could be a nice COP...he has been hurt a few times now though hasn't he? I like Sony Michel too...Georgia is becoming quite the RBU.