Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Manning = weak link! And how do you like your steak?

I've been saying this for over a year now. It is Brock's time. Peyton looked old yesterday, really old. He no longer stands tall in the pocket and takes a hit while firing a dart to his receiver, he has zero mobility, and missed about 5 wide open receivers that I could have hit. Don't get me wrong, Baltimore's D was tough, but we still had our opportunities. I am so sick of seeing Peyton simply fall down and concede a sack when there is a blitz coming, find the hot route or get rid of it.

Our defense played out of their minds yesterday, and if we stay healthy there is no doubt in my mind that this will be an all year thing. Running game looked stagnant, to be expected with a young o-line and ZERO threat from the passing game. It is going to be very hard for our running game to get going if Manning cant throw the ball downfield.

Manning should have retired, we should have cut him, or traded him. Oz has been learning this offense for 3 years, looked sharp in the preseason, and is ready to lead this team. Unfortunately I doubt Elway or Kubiak has the balls to bench Peyton, no matter how bad he struggles.

With the defense we have, really all we need at QB is a game manager that can make the occasional big play, I dont even think Manning can be that. Look I love the guy, but he is done, and will hamstring this team all year long. We wont get where we want to go with Peyton Manning at the helm, Osweiler is a much better option and anyone who denies is a blind Manning-lover!

Give it a couple more games, if he continues to struggle, he has to be benched!

Peyton took a couple of shots yesterday we're not used to seeing him take.

I agree that Manning looked the complete opposite of sharp, but Oz would have gotten eaten alive in that game. That's possibly the stoutest front 7 we'll see all year.

Manning will continue to start until he's hurt. He's not going to be benched, especially not after the 1st game of the year, in a game they won.

Hooray, beer!

Looks like you have all the answers. Seems the only thing your missing is this

Denver Broncos Football Club
    Executive Offices and Training Facility
    13655 Broncos Parkway
    Englewood, CO 80112
    (303) 649-9000

You should go on down and impart your fine football philosophy to them and get things changed for the better. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I've been saying this for over a year now. It is Brock's time. Peyton looked old yesterday, really old. He no longer stands tall in the pocket and takes a hit while firing a dart to his receiver, he has zero mobility, and missed about 5 wide open receivers that I could have hit. Don't get me wrong, Baltimore's D was tough, but we still had our opportunities. I am so sick of seeing Peyton simply fall down and concede a sack when there is a blitz coming, find the hot route or get rid of it.

Our defense played out of their minds yesterday, and if we stay healthy there is no doubt in my mind that this will be an all year thing. Running game looked stagnant, to be expected with a young o-line and ZERO threat from the passing game. It is going to be very hard for our running game to get going if Manning cant throw the ball downfield.

Manning should have retired, we should have cut him, or traded him. Oz has been learning this offense for 3 years, looked sharp in the preseason, and is ready to lead this team. Unfortunately I doubt Elway or Kubiak has the balls to bench Peyton, no matter how bad he struggles.

With the defense we have, really all we need at QB is a game manager that can make the occasional big play, I dont even think Manning can be that. Look I love the guy, but he is done, and will hamstring this team all year long. We wont get where we want to go with Peyton Manning at the helm, Osweiler is a much better option and anyone who denies is a blind Manning-lover!

Classic overreaction Monday. Calm down. I had this patient one time complaining about her hearing aids I had fitted on her. I talked to her about patience getting used to things she hadn't heard in years. She told me that she lived through the Battle of Britain...I told her that anyone who lived through that nightmare can get used to something as simple as this. I use that same analogy...take a breath and go to work.

imo any qb in that game would of struggled for us hit 8 x sacked 4 x plus no running game to speak of until the last drive...yes he over threw 2 passes he is not perfect the offense will get better or so I hope so

Manning has his limits, but he really wasn't bad when he had adequate time other than the boot and almost second pick 6. The first long ball to Sanders was rushed with a blitzer coming free at him. Another click and that's a TD. The second wasn't a bad throw. Missed by an inch. Fix the oline blitz pickup, and we'll be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    imo any qb in that game would of struggled for us hit 8 x sacked 4 x plus no running game to speak of until the last drive...yes he over threw 2 passes he is not perfect the offense will get better or so I hope so
    The reason we had no running game is because there was no threat of Manning hitting a downfield pass. Baltimore played bump and run on 2 of the fastest receivers in the league, knowing they would get behind them but also knowing Manning wouldnt hit them if they did. They loaded up to stop the run, showed no respect towards the deep ball, and dominated our offense. It was the same thing Indy did to us in January, and Seattle did 2 years ago in the Super Bowl. Its the recipe for beating Manning, and everyone in the league knows it.

Manning can no longer slide in the pocket, move around to make plays, and has a young o-line in front of him. It is a recipe for disaster.

People can stay blind all they want, I for one see the writing on the wall. There is no doubt in my mind we will go 11-5 or 12-4 this year and probably win the west, but once again we will go nowhere in the play-offs because Manning will come out rattled and scared. With this team, a play-off appearance and 1 and done is not acceptable, its Super Bowl or bust, and I'm here to tell you he is not the QB at this point in his career to get us there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Looks like you have all the answers. Seems the only thing your missing is this

Denver Broncos Football Club
    Executive Offices and Training Facility
    13655 Broncos Parkway
    Englewood, CO 80112
    (303) 649-9000

You should go on down and impart your fine football philosophy to them and get things changed for the better. Good Luck!
    Isnt this place about sharing your opinions with fellow fans? Or am I in the wrong place?

The reason we had no running game is because there was no threat of Manning hitting a downfield pass. Baltimore played bump and run on 2 of the fastest receivers in the league, knowing they would get behind them but also knowing Manning wouldnt hit them if they did. They loaded up to stop the run, showed no respect towards the deep ball, and dominated our offense. It was the same thing Indy did to us in January, and Seattle did 2 years ago in the Super Bowl. Its the recipe for beating Manning, and everyone in the league knows it.

Manning can no longer slide in the pocket, move around to make plays, and has a young o-line in front of him. It is a recipe for disaster.

People can stay blind all they want, I for one see the writing on the wall. There is no doubt in my mind we will go 11-5 or 12-4 this year and probably win the west, but once again we will go nowhere in the play-offs because Manning will come out rattled and scared. With this team, a play-off appearance and 1 and done is not acceptable, its Super Bowl or bust, and I'm here to tell you he is not the QB at this point in his career to get us there!
    You do have one thing right for sure. They are stacking the box daring Manning to throw deep, and that's effecting the running game.

The thing is, he'll hit some of those. It only takes one and the opposing D will immediately back off.

Hooray, beer!

Yeah but we're all tired of pessimists like you. It's only one game. Chill.

You aren't sharing it like it's your opinion. You are stating it as though it's a factual report. Since it's so full of holes and obvious misjudgments, people are responding in a way that's fitting to the original post.

For one, Manning had defenders in his face all day. Some of his missed throws were a direct result of that, some were clearly a timing issue. None of them were a velocity thing. Anyone with eyes saw that.

The whole "hot route" concept doesn't work in the new age of defense where coordinators have figured out how to jam the entire spread of receivers for just long enough to get their front 7 to the QB. Baltimore also has one of the best front 7's in the game right now, though Suggs was injured late.

Manning still managed to out-duel Flacco - a guy with one of the strongest arms in the game, who created extra time with mobility, and literally stands taller than most other starting QB's. Flacco wasn't hitting his hot routes; Flacco didn't take the top off of the Denver defense.

For every bit of credit you're going to give Denver's defense in response to this post, give the same credit to Baltimore's. Despite all of that, Manning was still responsible for almost all of the big 1st downs Denver managed to get, and was instrumental in engineering a 17 play, 10+ minute drive for a score that forced Baltimore to need a touchdown late.

If there is a weak link in this team right now, it's the offensive line. Anyone who thinks otherwise gives up their right to engage in a legitimate discussion about yesterday's game.

Can't expect Manning to be as sharp as usual with such a young O-line. I expect Manning will figure it all out and the O-line will start to put it together. However there will be a few more weeks of growing pains before it starts to click. Brock would not have done any better as he would have been running for his life. Give the Ravens some credit as they got one of the best D-lines in the league. The Ravens also have a very good offense that our defense held to only 6 points.

KC is going to get after Manning too. If you think the overreaction is bad this morning...just wait until Friday.

Hooray, beer!

Isnt this place about sharing your opinions with fellow fans? Or am I in the wrong place?
    You're the one saying Manning needs to be benched. None of us on this board have the authority to do that. You're basically calling me a blind Manning lover because I don't want an unproven Os anywhere near the field this year. I am providing information that might get you what you want. Unless you want me to call you a blind Manning hater who would rather see this team suffer for a couple seasons while Os earns his stripes. There's no guarantee that he will provide anything valuable to the team, other than satisfy your need to have Manning off the field.

Ummm....no he hasn't.
    New England Patriots GM