Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    you have nothing to back that statement up. just your dislike of Manning.
    O's may not have fallen on the ground but I can tell you that most of the time young QB's will try to make something happen and it's usually ends up not good.

@ OP

Shhhh.... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    But you've stated that Os can make all the plays that Manning can't. And yet, there are absolutely no whispers of a QB controversy. That has to mean something doesn't it? Again, Elway is in win now mode, why is Manning the entrenched starter if he isn't the best option?
    Lets also look at the fact that O's has only played against guys that arnt playing now. Not all, but most.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Doubtful? Uh it's pretty much widely accepted that they do. Justin Houston is better than Suggs and Doom combined, Hali is better than Doom on his own, and they also have last year's 1st round pick as part of their rotation.
    Yep next week is a scarey matchup in Arrow Head things are not getting any easier.
    Last edited by nickmeyer; 09-14-2015 at 07:13 PM.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    What makes you think so? My opinion is based off of Elways previous moves made during these 5 years.
    Elway is an NFL veteran. He's been in or around the league for 32 years.

He's not going to go to the head coach of a winning football team and tell him he has to bench his HoF quarterback. It's just not happening.

He asked manning to take a 10 million dollar pay cut. That's pretty significant, regardless of the number they actually settled on.
    What difference does it make how much Elway WANTED Manning to take in a pay cut? And if Elway WANTED $10 million but only settled for $4 million, that pretty much tells you he was bluffing and not wanting to lose Manning for 2015, right?

BTW it WAS $4 million. Not sure where the $6 million is coming from:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...n-pay-cut-2015

Again, if Elway TRULY didn't want Manning back, he wouldn't have asked him to take any pay cut. He would have just cut him.

Because yesterday, and any wins in our future like it, could very easily be losses of the defense doesn't play darn near perfect.

If we continue to only win with perfect defense, Elway will make a change. He's far to smart to think that the D can't possibly have a bad game or two, and if Manning plays like he has for the last 10 months, he won't be capable of overcoming that.
    I'm telling you point-blank Elway is not going to make that decision. And Kubiak will not bench Peyton as long as the team is winning. It's just not happening, and if I'm wrong I'll be back here eating crow.

As long as the Broncos are winning, Peyton is going to be the starting quarterback. And it's going to take a momumental collapse that I just don't think this team is capable of doing for them to bench him.

No more Peyton Mannings...

First let me say I am very happy we were able to land Peyton, he a great pro and a constant professional...He is without a doubt a Hall of Fame QB...

Now...Now that I got that out my way let me say that I hope Denver never gets another Peyton Manning. I mean I do not want a statue, and I don't care how accurate or how much of a General he is, but I do not want a guy standing in the pocket who simple cannot run around when needed.

I do not want a guy who has 20 yards of clear grass sitting in front of him, but instead of running for it he decides to throw into double coverage.

I do not want a guy who cannot roll out on a bootleg and toss a ball more then 15 yards to a wide open receiver.

I guess what I am saying is that our next QB should be less like Peyton and more like John.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyWinder View Post
    First let me say I am very happy we were able to land Peyton, he a great pro and a constant professional...He is without a doubt a Hall of Fame QB...

Now...Now that I got that out my way let me say that I hope Denver never gets another Peyton Manning. I mean I do not want a statue, and I don't care how accurate or how much of a General he is, but I do not want a guy standing in the pocket who simple cannot run around when needed.

I do not want a guy who has 20 yards of clear grass sitting in front of him, but instead of running for it he decides to throw into double coverage.

I do not want a guy who cannot roll out on a bootleg and toss a ball more then 15 yards to a wide open receiver.

I guess what I am saying is that our next QB should be less like Peyton and more like John.
    Maybe we can get Cutler or Tebow back or trade for RG3 or pick up Vince Young, those guys got great arms and can run.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Maybe we can get Cutler or Tebow back or trade for RG3 or pick up Vince Young, those guys got great arms and can run.
    He wasn't talking about tebow or cutler or rg3 or Vince young, at all. He was saying he wants a homegrown qb who can go out and make plays.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    He wasn't talking about tebow or cutler or rg3 or Vince young, at all. He was saying he wants a homegrown qb who can go out and make plays.
    Cutler and Tebow were drafted by us making them homegrown.

I've seen like 4 people total say we need to play Brock. Definitely not the majority, like all of the straw man arguments I've seen.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Cutler and Tebow were drafted by the us making them homegrown.
    They drafted them but didn't stick with them. Was tebow like Elway? No. Was/is Cutler? No. Plus what does fricken Vince young or rg3 have to do with anything ?

He's just saying for the CURRENT regime that he'd like them to not get a free agent qb or a qb at the end of his legs. And that he wants a QB that's similar to Elway. There's nothing wrong with that.

It seems like you're taking this as another manning bashing thread. I take it as he just wants a different style in the future. Big difference

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    They drafted them but didn't stick with them. Was tebow like Elway? No. Was/is Cutler? No. Plus what does fricken Vince young or rg3 have to do with anything ?

He's just saying for the CURRENT regime that he'd like them to not get a free agent qb or a qb at the end of his legs. And that he wants a QB that's similar to Elway. There's nothing wrong with that.

It seems like you're taking this as another manning bashing thread. I take it as he just wants a different style in the future. Big difference
    There is a reason they say Andrew Luck is the best QB drafted since Elway, and don't think Luck is as good.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I'm telling you point-blank Elway is not going to make that decision. And Kubiak will not bench Peyton as long as the team is winning. It's just not happening, and if I'm wrong I'll be back here eating crow.

As long as the Broncos are winning, Peyton is going to be the starting quarterback. And it's going to take a momumental collapse that I just don't think this team is capable of doing for them to bench him.
    Even if the team is NOT winning, they're still not going to bench Peyton. They will keep trying to make adjustments so that Peyton can do better. And they will keep doing that week after week while the fans howl, until there is no chance left for the Broncos to make the playoffs.

Here's why: 3 out of the last 5 teams to win the Super Bowl went 10-6 (or 9-7) and barely scraped into the playoffs: Giants, Packers, Ravens. It just doesn't matter what the team's record is in September or October. All that matters is making the playoffs somehow, even as a wild card, and then playing your best football in January.

And, as long as the Broncos win 10 or 11 games this season, which they will do with this defense (baring injury), then they will get into the playoffs. And if they get into the playoffs then there's a chance that Peyton will rally, have a few good games, and lead them to the SB. And no sensible person thinks there's a chance of that with Brock Osweiler, especially not John Elway.

If Peyton turns it around and does well in this system, then there's a good chance he's going to want to come back next year and play out his contract. And that would mean that they try and re-sign Brock and keep him as a backup in 2016.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I think Peyton will be just fine this year. He will make the adjustment and play better. It will just take a few games. And lots of fans will panic and run around screaming that "the sky is falling!" in the mean time. But, Elway will not.
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-14-2015 at 10:23 PM.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg