Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 690
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,093
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    They drafted them but didn't stick with them. Was tebow like Elway? No. Was/is Cutler? No. Plus what does fricken Vince young or rg3 have to do with anything ?

    He's just saying for the CURRENT regime that he'd like them to not get a free agent qb or a qb at the end of his legs. And that he wants a QB that's similar to Elway. There's nothing wrong with that.

    It seems like you're taking this as another manning bashing thread. I take it as he just wants a different style in the future. Big difference
    Could not have said it better, and I mean that. Thank you!

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
    It has been my observation that its really not about O's they just dont want Manning no matter what.
    I think a lot of them are just closet Tebowites who are still salty that the Broncos got rid of their hero Tim Tebow. They were waiting for years for Timmy to become a starting QB somewhere and then somehow win another playoff game, so they could spring out of the closet and say "See! I told you so! We never should have gotten rid of Tim Tebow!"

    Only it's beyond obvious that is never going to happen now. So, they are reduced to hating Peyton Manning, and calling for Brock.

    The rest of them just are prone to panic and run around with their hands in the air like the French army in 1940.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,410
    Everyone is crying about Peyton but a young Joe Flacco went 18/32 for 117 yards with 2 interceptions while Manning went for 24/40 175 yards with one pick. Should Baltimore bench Joe Flacco also? How about maybe two awesome defenses held respectable offensive in check? No to obvious. How about a QB can't throw a football from his back...not even the great an powerful OZ. Did the offense struggle, hell yes, was it just Peyton...Hell no. Maybe since CJ struggled we should drop him as well...any takers? DT longest catch was 11 yards we should scrap him for Norwood at least his longest went for 15 right. Von had no sacks lets start McCray next week because Von is obviously not the same person by haters standards on this forum. While at it lets replace Elway because he drafted Garcia and he is not a day one starter.

    It's game one and we are 1-0. We have a very shot week and our young line needs to prepare for Allen Bailey , Justin Houston and Tamba Hali.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    If you want to act like a 10 year old girl wishing for a magic pony for her birthday, why not wish the Broncos would draft a "homegrown QB just like Aaron Rogers."
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,496
    You mean the best QB in the league who's only playoff win in the last 4 years was due to a bad call against Dez?

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,456
    I think Oz can be that guy. We will see.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    You mean the best QB in the league who's only playoff win in the last 4 years was due to a bad call against Dez?
    I mean by far the best QB in the National Football League. Hands down, no question. As he proved on Sunday if you missed that game. Anybody starting an NFL franchise today would take Aaron Rogers #1. EVERYBODY would do that, except maybe some dumb fan who knows nothing.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I've seen like 4 people total say we need to play Brock. Definitely not the majority, like all of the straw man arguments I've seen.
    Your right about the majority but definitely more than 4
    Posters who are on record wanting Brock:
    1. FL Bronco
    2. Mile High Guy
    3. PaPawn
    4. Crash123Go
    5. DrGiggles
    6. Flosstein
    7. Mozzerpete
    8. Denver Blood
    9. Housmazode
    10. Sammy Winder
    11. KWHIT97
    12.daryn16
    13. 87Birdman
    14. -LSIGRAD09
    15. MegaOrange
    16. JBones733

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,456
    Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Everyone is crying about Peyton but a young Joe Flacco went 18/32 for 117 yards with 2 interceptions while Manning went for 24/40 175 yards with one pick. Should Baltimore bench Joe Flacco also? How about maybe two awesome defenses held respectable offensive in check? No to obvious. How about a QB can't throw a football from his back...not even the great an powerful OZ. Did the offense struggle, hell yes, was it just Peyton...Hell no. Maybe since CJ struggled we should drop him as well...any takers? DT longest catch was 11 yards we should scrap him for Norwood at least his longest went for 15 right. Von had no sacks lets start McCray next week because Von is obviously not the same person by haters standards on this forum. While at it lets replace Elway because he drafted Garcia and he is not a day one starter.

    It's game one and we are 1-0. We have a very shot week and our young line needs to prepare for Allen Bailey , Justin Houston and Tamba Hali.
    Absolutely poor argument that offers nothing at all and doesn't refute any of the facts presented.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,456
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Your right about the majority but definitely more than 4
    Posters who are on record wanting Brock:
    1. FL Bronco
    2. Mile High Guy
    3. PaPawn
    4. Crash123Go
    5. DrGiggles
    6. Flosstein
    7. Mozzerpete
    8. Denver Blood
    9. Housmazode
    10. Sammy Winder
    11. KWHIT97
    12.daryn16
    13. 87Birdman
    14. -LSIGRAD09
    15. MegaOrange
    16. JBones733
    You're missing quite a few prominent ones there as well. But it matters not. Fact is, Peyton has been playing very poorly since last November. Like I've said many times before the reasonable and realistic expectation for his aging body is that he will only get worse and worse.

    Every week that little list of yours will grow, and rightfully so. As Denver fans we want what is best for the franchise. Not everybody hears the music at the same time, however.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Absolutely poor argument that offers nothing at all and doesn't refute any of the facts presented.
    Simple fact it was game one and we are 1-0. How's that for facts....and your rebuttal is just as futile so come with something stronger or buzz off..

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Absolutely poor argument that offers nothing at all and doesn't refute any of the facts presented.
    That's because there were no facts presented. There was a bit of hyperbolic fan overreaction and hyperventilating, plus a few pointless comments about how "Peyton is washed up! The team needs to start Brock!" Which is not going to happen.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Everyone is crying about Peyton but a young Joe Flacco went 18/32 for 117 yards with 2 interceptions while Manning went for 24/40 175 yards with one pick. Should Baltimore bench Joe Flacco also? How about maybe two awesome defenses held respectable offensive in check? No to obvious. How about a QB can't throw a football from his back...not even the great an powerful OZ. Did the offense struggle, hell yes, was it just Peyton...Hell no. Maybe since CJ struggled we should drop him as well...any takers? DT longest catch was 11 yards we should scrap him for Norwood at least his longest went for 15 right. Von had no sacks lets start McCray next week because Von is obviously not the same person by haters standards on this forum. While at it lets replace Elway because he drafted Garcia and he is not a day one starter.

    It's game one and we are 1-0. We have a very shot week and our young line needs to prepare for Allen Bailey , Justin Houston and Tamba Hali.
    Joe Flacco last year in his season opener in Kubiaks offense was : 35/62, 345 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT and assisted by Justin Forsett who had 85 yards on the ground and a td and he lost 23-16 to Cincinnati.
    The following week he went 21of 29 for 166 Yds and 2 Tds and won 26-6 vs Pittsburgh. What a difference a week can make.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    You're missing quite a few prominent ones there as well. But it matters not. Fact is, Peyton has been playing very poorly since last November. Like I've said many times before the reasonable and realistic expectation for his aging body is that he will only get worse and worse.

    Every week that little list of yours will grow, and rightfully so. As Denver fans we want what is best for the franchise. Not everybody hears the music at the same time, however.
    Do you really think Elway is listening to what some fans think? Some fans booed Peyton during the 3rd quarter yesterday. Even if a lot more start booing, that's not going to change anything.

    Elway is going to do what HE thinks, regardless of what the fans think. And any fan who wants to see Brock, is going to have to "go fish."
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He's not going to play. Watch and see. And Peyton does have some say, as you should have seen last year when Brock tried to put on his helmet and go into the game in the 4th quarter, only to see Peyton run back onto the field even to take a knee at the end of the game.

    He didn't even let Brock come out to take a knee! He wants to play every snap, and they're going to let him do it too.
    Which is why Brock started the first preseason game, split more reps with Peyton than ever before during preseason/training camp, and is the 1st string QB every Wednesday while Peyton sits?

    You can't seriously believe what you're posting. Elway and Kubiak have both said publicly that Manning will be getting less practice and playing time this year than ever before, specifically saying Brock would be the one to take those reps in his stead.

    Nobody in the world beside you would bet on Manning taking every single snap this season lol. Regardless of how they feel about Manning, Brock is going to play. To say otherwise is truly the most ridiculous idea discussed in this debate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •