Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I think they were fine in the Superbowl.....
    Considering Pete Carroll was their best player I agree..

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    craps

manning had less snaps in camp when hes used to taking them all

he was without DT all spring and summer in OTAs, and DT was limited in camp

he was without sanders the majority of camp, and sanders I believe never took a snap in preseason...timing issue

he was behind a line with four different starters from last season...they need time to mesh

his line had issues in preseason as well as yesterday picking up the blitz

the ravens defense is no joke, not to mention they have practiced against the kubiak offense the entirety of 2014

theres plenty of reasons we struggled on offense
    And we still got the win Rap!!!!! Yeah buddy!
    Broncos Sweep Bolts!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Don't think he ever types anything positive on these boards. It's just a lose-lose situation with him. Put Oz in and I'm sure he'll find a way to derail Oz, too. Some fans are just never happy on here.
    You're clearly new hear and/or not here much. I'm consistently one of the most outspokenly optimistic posters on this board. Always have been. Except when something is so ridiculously obvious and I keep getting slammed for seeing it, I'm going to keep drawing attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    So Kansas City has a better pass rush than the Ravens??? Doubtful
    Doubtful? Uh it's pretty much widely accepted that they do. Justin Houston is better than Suggs and Doom combined, Hali is better than Doom on his own, and they also have last year's 1st round pick as part of their rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    If they have a great year and Manning isn't the big reason, who cares? If he's a replica of Trent Dilfer on a Super Bowl winner, don't we all win?
    That's kind of the point of this thread. It says Manninh is the weak link and many rushed to defend him saying he was fine and it's always someone else's fault. That's how it's been with him for the last 10 months. So I came in to say it is his fault that he's playing poorly, and those who continue to berate me for saying that as well as saying he will only get worse due to age, need to wake up and smell the coffee.

The team will carry him to whatever success we have. I'm not convinced we wouldn't be better off with Brock. Before this preseason I thought Brock would make us a little worse. After the preseason and yesterday, seeing Manning decline even more so since last year, I think Brock would not be any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    For Anyone who thinks otherwise gives up their right to engage in a legitimate discussion about yesterday's game.
    You aren't sharing it like it's your opinion. You are stating it as though it's a factual report. Since it's so full of holes and obvious misjudgments, people are responding in a way that's fitting to the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    That's kind of the point of this thread. It says Manninh is the weak link and many rushed to defend him saying he was fine and it's always someone else's fault. That's how it's been with him for the last 10 months. So I came in to say it is his fault that he's playing poorly, and those who continue to berate me for saying that as well as saying he will only get worse due to age, need to wake up and smell the coffee.

The team will carry him to whatever success we have. I'm not convinced we wouldn't be better off with Brock. Before this preseason I thought Brock would make us a little worse. After the preseason and yesterday, seeing Manning decline even more so since last year, I think Brock would not be any worse.
    Manning should and I think did own his bad throws yesterday, and he does need the team to pick him up. When a blitzer comes untouched right up the middle QBs can throw into the hit and get rocked, throw off their back foot and try to go with the hit, or take the sack. Manning did the last two options several times. If the o-line gets better and Manning is still struggling Oz will need to get a chance to play, but putting Oz behind this line would not be doing him any favors, Manning still sees blitzes and reads defenses better. And the throws we are talking about are risky throws, if Oz steps into a hit we may be right back to square one with Manning.
    Broncos Sweep Bolts!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The main thing everyone is missing is that our team won, the whole team won every player did their job well enough for us to win. The offense as a group struggled. Based on every ones comment I guess CJ Anderson is done to because he had a poor day, or I guess that was Mannings fault to.
    I appreciate your sticking up for the team and Peyton.

I would say that after watching the game again. You have a very weak line with a QB that cant run and that is looking like a problem. I think Mannings arm is fine but he needs an O line. Anderson couldnt get out of the backfield so to suggest this is all Peyton is not being real. I think it will be fixed and this team is going to be tough. First game GEZ

Manning should and I think did own his bad throws yesterday, and he does need the team to pick him up. When a blitzer comes untouched right up the middle QBs can throw into the hit and get rocked, throw off their back foot and try to go with the hit, or take the sack. Manning did the last two options several times. If the o-line gets better and Manning is still struggling Oz will need to get a chance to play, but putting Oz behind this line would not be doing him any favors, Manning still sees blitzes and reads defenses better. And the throws we are talking about are risky throws, if Oz steps into a hit we may be right back to square one with Manning.
    A new QB is gonna make too many mistakes. This is the first game of the year. They will gel and Peyton will be fine.

Did you miss me? So let me ask, you dont like Manning?

Yep, and if Brock Osweiler was in there he would have peed his pants! The Ravens defense aint no joke! How did Andrew Luck and Joe Flacco fair, should they both retire because they looked worse than Manning yesterday and they both lost!
    Andrew Luck threw near 250 yards and two touchdowns. Manning looked worse than almost every QB in the league yesterday. If the Ravens could catch, he throws 3 pick sixes and Steve Smith catches that ball in the end zone. If not for our D and McManus, yesterday would have been very ugly.

The main thing everyone is missing is that our team won, the whole team won every player did their job well enough for us to win. The offense as a group struggled. Based on every ones comment I guess CJ Anderson is done to because he had a poor day, or I guess that was Mannings fault to.
    Bo because CJ is young and hardly even scratching his prime. He had a bad game but is coming off of a league best 8 game stretch, It is reasonable and realistic to expect him to improve.

Alternatively, Manning is old and declining. He had a bad game and is coming off of a very poor 8 game stretch. It is reasonable and realistic to expect him to continue to decline,

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I think what is causing Manning a problem reading the defenses is that his offense is a spread offense and when you have multiple backs or TEs it tends to bring more people in the box and he is having a hard time accounting for the extra people in the box. I think this is why he struggles with teams like Seattle where they pretty much play man coverage and have all the LBs in the box trying to confuse Manning.

Just my opinion.
    Extra people in the box can also be attributed to not respecting the deep ball or Mannings ability under pressure, imo. They knew all he was going to have success with was short stuff, so they keyed in on it. They saw any time they messed up and Manning could go deep, he couldn't capitalize. Thus reinforcing their game plan and allowing them to continue to stack the box.

Also, we had some decent run in success in the 4th Q, even with a stacked box. The OL played better than they were given credit for, though it was still a below average night for them. Like another poster said, the numbers are out and Manning was pressure half as often as Flacco was. 1/3 pass plays being pressured is still significant, but not significant enough to cause such a terrible outing.

Andrew Luck threw near 250 yards and two touchdowns. Manning looked worse than almost every QB in the league yesterday. If the Ravens could catch, he throws 3 pick sixes and Steve Smith catches that ball in the end zone. If not for our D and McManus, yesterday would have been very ugly.
    and if his timing was better with a receiver who was basically gone the entire preseason and had just a bit more time he could a had his own 2-3 tds

guess what qb looked worse than manning...flacco
    all you do is look at the bad, and make hypotheticals to make it worse