Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seattle teacher bans 5-year-old’s Denver Broncos shirt

http://eagnews.org/seattle-teacher-b...broncos-shirt/

How sad is this. It would also help if the newspaper knew how to spell Peyton's name.

TACOMA, Wash. – A Washington state grandmother claims her 5-year-old granddaughter was discriminated against recently when the girl’s school celebrated “Blue Friday.”

“She walked up to me and I knew something was wrong,” the grandmother, Fawn Allen, told Fox 31. “She just kind of put her head down and said, Grandma, Mrs. Watson told me I can’t wear my Broncos dress. If I don’t have a Seahawks shirt I have to wear my uniform.”

Allen said the child’s teacher at Edison Elementary School in suburban Seattle is a staunch Seahawks fan and didn’t appreciate Allen’s granddaughter wearing a Denver Broncos cheerleader outfit on the school’s special day. Allen didn’t appreciate how her granddaughter was treated, and took her frustrations up with the school’s principal, Fox News.

“The rules at school is they can wear whatever team that they want to,” Allen said. “We trust her to this teacher every day … to teach her, to protect her, to build up her self-esteem not tear her down because of a football game.”

The brave young girl went all out with her Broncos gear on Blue Friday, an outfit that also included Broncos earrings and a Broncos necklace. Payton Manning is the best football player, ever, the girl told reporters.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Good for her for wearing her Broncos gear despite what the teacher told her!

Cumlaude ..haha Guess I should take a spelling class..lol

This story doesn't surprise me. I heard of many stories similar to this while living there the past 3 years. A lot of Seahawks fans in Washington don't realize some people actually cheer for other teams. Most of the feedback I got when wearing my Broncos gear was negative and not in a friendly way.

This story needs to go viral all over the place. To bad we couldnt do something special for this young lady to show our appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam24 View Post
    This story needs to go viral all over the place. To bad we couldnt do something special for this young lady to show our appreciation.
    Yeah, would love to get it to Manning and the Broncos.

Sadly this does not surprise me. Think how many times in recent years a story like this comes around where a teacher disagrees with a youth's choice and exerts their power. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that a grade school kid was sent home because a super heroes (want to say Wonder Woman?) lunchbox conflicted with the District policy?

This is nothing compared to political messages that get openly ridiculed or banned if the teacher disagrees.

So now the browbeating and intimidation from a teacher carries over to sports teams. Why should we be surprised. Teacher will not be reprimanded. Lets blame it on the five year old.

Um it says blue friday....not seahawks. Why would the teacher bent, they won that superbowl?

If i were a parent id petition to have that teacher fired
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Um it says blue friday....not seahawks. Why would the teacher bent, they won that superbowl?

If i were a parent id petition to have that teacher fired
    Firing is a bit much. Maybe remedial training on school policy.

Can we move this to P & R for a proper response?

yes I agree with rst08tierney this is very off topic to football discussion and should be moved

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Can we move this to P & R for a proper response?
    Thank you for not turning it political, but for now, it stays here. It might be moved to Anything Goes or the News Wire later.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    yes I agree with rst08tierney this is very off topic to football discussion and should be moved
    It's about the Broncos. Sometimes we let things like this go for a couple of days.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thank you for not turning it political, but for now, it stays here. It might be moved to Anything Goes or the News Wire later.

It's about the Broncos. Sometimes we let things like this go for a couple of days.
    Oh ok, thank you for taking note!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Oh ok, thank you for taking note!
    No problem. It'll probably get moved tomorrow.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

That is a bad teacher.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!