Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Very true and a valid point. I think it's a really good sign that he has confidence in himself as well, I think this was a big step forward for our offense as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    He played better than in weeks 1 and 2. Nonetheless, the Manning-led O is holding back this team. Kubiak's concession isn't a good thing for our title hopes.
    What concession do you speak of?

He played better than in weeks 1 and 2. Nonetheless, the Manning-led O is holding back this team. Kubiak's concession isn't a good thing for our title hopes.
    There's really not much Kubiak can do. Manning is uncomfortable under center, and our run game is awful. The short passing game is all we've got right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pack Mules View Post
    He did, I still thought a lot of passes were saved by really good catches by Thomas and Sangers, but he did play better
    Yes they were, but those were also aggressive throws. He trusted his guys to get it, and they were aggressive in going up to catch them. That's how you avoid over-throwing guys on long patterns (as Manning was doing for a while). It also shows Kubiak's philosophy of playing physical - something we didn't have with Fox ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    What concession do you speak of?
    The one that involves allowing Manning to run 80+% of plays from shotgun and/or pistol.

The one that involves allowing Manning to run 80+% of plays from shotgun and/or pistol.
    Kubiak said himself the definition of insanity was trying to make an offense that doesn't work, work. That's not a concession, that's good coaching.

Kubiak said himself the definition of insanity was trying to make an offense that doesn't work, work. That's not a concession, that's good coaching.
    Well said. To add to it, a team that's 3-0 isn't "being held back" by anything. This stage of the season it about getting better; that's it.

He also mentions "sticking to what you believe in." That is, the offense Elway hired him to install: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ings-struggles

Make no bones about it. Kubiak has yielded to Manning because Peyton is in full survival mode. That's the definition of holding a team with what looks like an all time D back.

I know Peyton, under his old system, will probably put up Top 5 stats and we'll fool ourselves into thinking it's a good enough offense for playoff season football. Except he'll tire out and teams will figure out his go-to routes as every playoff team that has beaten us has. Do we really want to see a mid-January game where he throws 40+ passes in a loss?

We really need to figure out that run game and ZBS. Better go through growing pains now and risk some losses and poor stats than go in with the same formula that has failed us every year prior.

Let's go the offensive line some props for taking a small step forward tonight. And Sly Williams played a solid game tonight

Thomas does tend to drop easy passes. Some of them were going no where though. Thomas dropped one I remembered that could of been a first down, he just lazily put one hand up. He just loses focus, its not a talent issue. But he has been going up there and getting it.

I still think DT is underused going deep. He needs more deep passes. Those bubble screen are annoying

Pass protection was much much improved tonight.
    Hopefully they can work out a scheme to help them with run blocking.

Without seeing the OL grades, it seems Manning was the best player on the offense today. Props to the OL for stepping it a notch. If they continue to protect like that then teams may back off from the interior blitzing that Denver has seen for the first three weeks. This should allow the run game to get a little more room to operate. Manning was very high % tonight and may have had close to a perfect passer rating if DT didn't have so many drops and Ngata didn't bat that ball up. Very promising signs from tonight moving ahead.

Fox probably punts at the end of the first half... Difference in the game was that call - being aggressive and going for it. I felt they should've done that earlier on 4th and an inch.

Too many plays we run where WRs are running the wrong way.., screens with the payer running back to the ball.

We have no running game... We have to employe more quick hittimg slants and seams... All we seem to do us outs, fades, screens.

Also, too many drops.

As for Manning? Other than taking an 11 yard loss (not throwing it away)... I thought he played well. It's time for some guys to beat their man and make plays...

Defense couldn't get to Staff in the scone half... I can't believe our pass rush (vs that OL) failed to force one lousy hold. I saw two holds on sly alone... How is it possible the refs didn't call 1 hold on DEt OL? Seems to be a trend when we play... We get no respect.

Lets hope it continues! Maybe the day off during the week will help?

:-)