• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

Sambrailo news?

Legwold is reporting that Sambrailo missed some practice:

For Broncos left tackle Ty Sambrailo was not on the practice field during the open period of practice. He appeared to suffer a left wrist/arm injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday's win in Detroit.
    I remember exactly when that injury happened and the look on his face when it did. I think he even played one handed for a snap or two following it.

When exactly does the team injury report get released?

Having a rookie starting at LT has already been cause for some concern though Sambrailo seems to be doing fair - not great, but fair. Who would fill in at LT if he's down?
  • Freyaka
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Legwold is reporting that Sambrailo missed some practice:

I remember exactly when that injury happened and the look on his face when it did. I think he even played one handed for a snap or two following it.

When exactly does the team injury report get released?

Having a rookie starting at LT has already been cause for some concern though Sambrailo seems to be doing fair - not great, but fair. Who would fill in at LT if he's down?
    With our depth? We'd have to feed clady a snickers bar, because he becomes a glass figurine when he's hungry.

I think we'd be in pretty sad shape if he missed time.
    sigpic

Comment

• Papa-pwn
      Captain
      • Aug 2008

Ryan Harris was the LT and Schofield was RT today.

Comment

• Rastic
        Modulated
        • Oct 2013

Ok the official injury report is not up yet but this was just posted on the denverbroncos.com home page.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Left tackle Ty Sambrailo was not on the field, and right guard Louis Vasquez watched without a helmet as the Broncos began their preparations for the Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday afternoon.

Sambrailo got caught up in traffic while blocking on a C.J. Anderson sweep to the left side late in the fourth quarter. However, he stayed in the game and has played all 215 offensive snaps this season.

Vasquez received a rest day last Wednesday, as well.

The Broncos did not have a backup tackle active last Sunday in Detroit, opting to deactivate swing tackle Michael Schofield in order to get outside linebacker Lerentee McCray some work.

Had Sambrailo or Ryan Harris been unable to play in Detroit, Head Coach Gary Kubiak had a plan which would have involved some shuffling, although he didn't want to divulge the specifics when asked about it Monday.

"We have a lot of ways that we could go about it and I won't share that with anybody, but yeah, there was some sticking and moving there on the sideline there for a few minutes," Kubiak said, smiling. "We have to move some guys around to survive."

All other Broncos were on the field for Wednesday's practice, including safety Omar Bolden, who has missed the last two games with a neck injury, running back C.J. Anderson, who was evaluated for a possible concussion Sunday but returned, and running back Juwan Thompson, who missed the last two and a half quarters after injuring his neck.

Defensive end Kenny Anunike also continued to practice. He returned last week after an Aug. 20 knee scope but was inactive in Detroit.

Comment

• Rastic
          Modulated
          • Oct 2013

Hmm, strange, the mobile site has a different beginning in the second paragraph. (it's not a huge difference, just interesting)

Sambrailo did not miss a snap in last Sunday's win over the Lions, but got caught up in traffic...
          He played out the game which I remember and will take that as good news. If he was injured enough I think he would have been pulled if he couldn't do his job. Someone else said they were at the game and saw the trainers working with him at one point after his injury.

I'm hoping he just needs an extra day of rest (please, oh please) but the tid-bit about Kubiak already having plans should either Harris or Sambrailo come out of the game was interesting and might explain why Schofield was inactive Sunday night.

Comment

• Rastic
            Modulated
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            Ryan Harris was the LT and Schofield was RT today.
            Ah, thanks.

Harris at LT scares me.

Comment

• Denver Mike
              Banned User
              • Mar 2009

Ah, thanks.

Harris at LT scares me.
              Harris at LT makes me less comfortable than when I accidentally kissed my girlfriend's twin sister at a Christmas party (yes it happened. No, they weren't happy)

Comment

• Rastic
                Modulated
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                Harris at LT makes me less comfortable than when I accidentally kissed my girlfriend's twin sister at a Christmas party (yes it happened. No, they weren't happy)
                You and your girlfriend should really look at this on the bright side. At least it wasn't her twin brother.

Comment

• Denver Mike
                  Banned User
                  • Mar 2009

You and your girlfriend should really look at this on the bright side. At least it wasn't her twin brother.
                  It was on the back of her neck/head, not like it was anything juicy. But yeah glad it wasn't the brother.

And that was pretty uncomforting.. The thought of Harris at LT makes me cringe even more.

Comment

• RunningWolf
                    Special Teams
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                    It was on the back of her neck/head, not like it was anything juicy. But yeah glad it wasn't the brother.

And that was pretty uncomforting.. The thought of Harris at LT makes me cringe even more.
                    If Ty can't go I REALLY hope they start Garcia at LT. Give him help all game but leave everyone else stay in their positions and continue to gel. I think shuffling would be counter-productive at this point.

Comment

• Joshua2585
                      All-Pro
                      • Jun 2011

Sounds like a shoulder injury. I'm hoping it's not a broken collar bone, torn rotator cuff, or torn Labrum. Kubiak said that it was "sore," but he wasn't aware if Ty had an MRI or not. I'd be surprised if they didn't do a cautionary and immediate MRI on him.

The fact that Kubiak was closed lipped on an MRI makes me a bit nervous.

Comment

• majicman067
                        Practice Squad
                        • Sep 2015

Worse news I heard all day. Here we go vasquez to right tackle....garcia at right guard....harris at left tackle....this would probably be worse news huh??? Scofield didn't look good in preseason. but heck our whole o-line hasn't looked much better through preaseason and regular season
                        Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

• majicman067
                          Practice Squad
                          • Sep 2015

update by kubes just a sore shoulder http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...6-42fcab66f2bb
                          Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

Let's see if the saints panic, and we can swing Armstead. That said if Schofield still can't see the field if Ty is unable to go that is worriesome.
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• JayJack
                              Captain
                              • Mar 2008

Ah, thanks.

Harris at LT scares me.
                              Schofield scares me more. I'd rather try Garcia.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X