Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I don't think we move Gallo, unless we can get a big name. However, I don't think it's likely we can get a big fish. The Malone connection will always lead to Cousins speculation. I agree, no trades just to make a trade. I heard Faried is most likely to be moved after the dust settles in FA. I think Faried is the most likely to be shipped out (and he's probably our best tangible asset). We might best be served holding onto Faried, and hoping guys like Wilson Chandler can recoup some value for a late 1st. Next year's draft should be pretty deep (stop me if you've heard that before) if we want a star wed be best served packaging Faried and multiple 1sts next year.
    For Harry Giles or Jayson Tatum, Now that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    For Harry Giles or Jayson Tatum, Now that would be awesome.
    Lots of talent will be available at the top(assuming they all pan out) if our young players hit stride, we could also make a play for a star Vet. Let's say for instance Cousins. With a star and good young core, we could potentially attract a big name FA with the excess cap.

If I'm being honest I think we're going to revisit the Blake Griffin trade. I'd love Cousins but the Kings aren't trading him. Butler would be nice but I don't think he's someone we need nor do I think the Bulls want to trade him for players. We'll see after free agency though.

My thing is if we can make a trade for a star, then we possibly pursue that if the contract is long enough it's not a one year rental with another cap hike after this year. A guy who wasn't drafted in Denver will have no more loyalty towards us unless we put a competitive spin on things. The Nuggets haven't been competitive. I personally feel like we are one hit on a draft pick away on top of our latest draft of being a competitive team. I don't mind the team we are going forward with along with free agent signings. We can hand out a nice contract aso well as a mid an bi annual I believe if we stash Juan. Or we can hand out one year overpay deals to 2 or 3 guys. I tend to prefer the latter. I think Jamal will be playing split minutes at the one and two, and I'm not concerned with his potential minutes.

Juancho has decided to play in the summer league over Spain for the Olympics. Guy is motivated to cone over and play now. I was hoping we could stash him for a year, but a good Summer League and we see him sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Juancho has decided to play in the summer league over Spain for the Olympics. Guy is motivated to cone over and play now. I was hoping we could stash him for a year, but a good Summer League and we see him sooner than later.
    I'll admit I don't understand this portion of basketball as well as football but I'll never understand the point of drafting a player top 20 that isn't ready to play in the NBA now.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'll admit I don't understand this portion of basketball as well as football but I'll never understand the point of drafting a player top 20 that isn't ready to play in the NBA now.
    Very few NBA players are ready nowadays, due to the 1-and done rule
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Very few NBA players are ready nowadays, due to the 1-and done rule
    Doesn't change my opinion on the topic. Plus the player in question is from Spain. So the one and done rule does not apply.

Eddie butler needs to go back down to triple A.

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Eddie butler needs to go back down to triple A.
    Lol you picked the wrong thread for this buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Lol you picked the wrong thread for this buddy.
    Lol I did huh. Oops. That's why I never post before 8 lol

Surprised to hear that we are aggressively pursuing D-Wade. Love it and hate it, I think he's been one of the most underrated superstars of his time and he has singlehandedly extended the Heat season numerous times. And he'd be a great mentor for our young guys. But he's near the end and fielding 20 mil offers and we are thick at both guard spots. Hopefully this is just another ploy by Wade to get the Heat to up their offer.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Surprised to hear that we are aggressively pursuing D-Wade. Love it and hate it, I think he's been one of the most underrated superstars of his time and he has singlehandedly extended the Heat season numerous times. And he'd be a great mentor for our young guys. But he's near the end and fielding 20 mil offers and we are thick at both guard spots. Hopefully this is just another ploy by Wade to get the Heat to up their offer.
    My guess is that he winds up in MIL. He went to college near there, and he used to lived in CHI
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

With the Sixers reportedly looking to trade Noel or Okafor would any of you like to make that move? I'd definitely like to get bigger at the PF spot and build a young nucleus of talent. Never been particularly high on Faried as a starter so I definitely would look into it

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    With the Sixers reportedly looking to trade Noel or Okafor would any of you like to make that move? I'd definitely like to get bigger at the PF spot and build a young nucleus of talent. Never been particularly high on Faried as a starter so I definitely would look into it
    I wouldn't mind either player, although I think Noel is more of a 5 than a 4. Jahlil is a 4, and can't really guard anyone at this point. With the current logjam at 4, I'd say I'd be more partial to Noel. I still think Jokic is better at the 4.