X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 58_VONDOOM_92
    All-Pro
    • Nov 2012

Over under on Nuggs losing by 20 on Sunday?
    sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

He is a rookie so I'm willing to give him time to develop. But I'm really getting tired of seeing 33% shooting on Mudiays stat line.

Malone needs to reign that in. Get him to focus on his assists and not shooting so much when he doesn't shoot well. Until the game slows down for him.

Just really don't like that his shooting was a major concern coming in and so far it's been spot on.
      sigpic

Comment

• MegaOrange
        Special Teams
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        He is a rookie so I'm willing to give him time to develop. But I'm really getting tired of seeing 33% shooting on Mudiays stat line.

Malone needs to reign that in. Get him to focus on his assists and not shooting so much when he doesn't shoot well. Until the game slows down for him.

Just really don't like that his shooting was a major concern coming in and so far it's been spot on.
        I've been impressed with Malone. He's doing far more right than wrong. One complaint I have is that he's not working the ball into the post nearly enough. Now, I'm not a moron, we don't have great post players, and we've had injuries. But, going inside keeps teams honest and can lead to some easy buckets and the foul line. It opens up the floor. Too often we're just throwing the ball around the 3 pt line and then taking a tough shot at the end of the shot clock.

Jokic needs more touches in the post. He's a good passer and knows his limitations. Reward these guys in the post when they hustle and get position. It must be done.
        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Houshmazode
          The Mountaineer
          • Sep 2006

I've become less impressed with Malone. We hardly have any depth without chandler though.

Mudiay is a great passer, he needs to do it more. Faried is still inconsistent.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
            Captain
            • Apr 2009

We still haven't seen Nurkic yet this season. His interior presence should immediately benifit us.
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• the0rangecrush
              Captain
              • Apr 2009

I disagree with reigning him in, you cant go out there and just tell a young player to not do something. He needs to feel the entire game, and take all facets. If you want the game to slow down, you don't take away a big part of it. The season was one of growth anyways, and we haven't had Nurkic yet.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                I've become less impressed with Malone. We hardly have any depth without chandler though.

Mudiay is a great passer, he needs to do it more. Faried is still inconsistent.
                Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                I disagree with reigning him in, you cant go out there and just tell a young player to not do something. He needs to feel the entire game, and take all facets. If you want the game to slow down, you don't take away a big part of it. The season was one of growth anyways, and we haven't had Nurkic yet.
                I think my point was more along what Housh said. I'm not necessarily asking him to reign him in like I said. So much as doing his job as a coach and helping channel what he is good at. And so far he has been pretty good at assists. As he should be at his position.

He needs to be looking to dish and make his teammates better. Not shoot first. It's not necessarily reigning him in so much as making him realize where his true potential lies.
                sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                  Captain
                  • Apr 2009

I think my point was more along what Housh said. I'm not necessarily asking him to reign him in like I said. So much as doing his job as a coach and helping channel what he is good at. And so far he has been pretty good at assists. As he should be at his position.

He needs to be looking to dish and make his teammates better. Not shoot first. It's not necessarily reigning him in so much as making him realize where his true potential lies.
                  14 games into a season with a 19 year old rookie. I feel like your expectations are unrealistic. To say he's not doing this or that, at this point in time is very unfair.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2005

14 games into a season with a 19 year old rookie. I feel like your expectations are unrealistic. To say he's not doing this or that, at this point in time is very unfair.
                    I don't think it's unfair at all. What's unfair is what the Houston Rockets did to their coach.

All I'm asking is for Malone to actually coach the team.

21 shots in a game is ridiculous for a rookie. Especially one who can't shoot higher than 33%. I don't think that's out of line to ask the coach to do something to control that. Bench him if necessary. I'm not asking him to not let the kid play his game. I'm asking him to work with him on channeling what he does best.

I'm not saying fire Malone or Mudiays a bust or anything ridiculous like that. So calm down if you are reading me the wrong way. I'm simply stating I feel he needs to work on that as a coach. It's what he's paid to do. I don't think that's too much to ask at all.

I as a fan am tired of seeing 17-21 shots a game with a 4-6 range on made shots.

To be fair to Mudiay I'm tired of seeing it on Gallo's stat line too. But he is a veteran and I feel like he is past a coach being able to impact his mentality. The reason I would like to see Malone have an impact on Mudiay is I feel Mudiay is young enough to still be impressionable.

Again though. I'm not bashing what Malone has done so far. Simply stating what I would like to see him do as a coach going forward.
                    sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                      Captain
                      • Apr 2009

I don't think it's unfair at all. What's unfair is what the Houston Rockets did to their coach.

All I'm asking is for Malone to actually coach the team.

21 shots in a game is ridiculous for a rookie. Especially one who can't shoot higher than 33%. I don't think that's out of line to ask the coach to do something to control that. Bench him if necessary. I'm not asking him to not let the kid play his game. I'm asking him to work with him on channeling what he does best.

I'm not saying fire Malone or Mudiays a bust or anything ridiculous like that. So calm down if you are reading me the wrong way. I'm simply stating I feel he needs to work on that as a coach. It's what he's paid to do. I don't think that's too much to ask at all.

I as a fan am tired of seeing 17-21 shots a game with a 4-6 range on made shots.

To be fair to Mudiay I'm tired of seeing it on Gallo's stat line too. But he is a veteran and I feel like he is past a coach being able to impact his mentality. The reason I would like to see Malone have an impact on Mudiay is I feel Mudiay is young enough to still be impressionable.

Again though. I'm not bashing what Malone has done so far. Simply stating what I would like to see him do as a coach going forward.
                      I stopped reading after you said bench. That is exactly how you ruin a young player.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

I stopped reading after you said bench. That is exactly how you ruin a young player.
                        I don't agree with you one bit
                        sigpic

Comment

• Houshmazode
                          The Mountaineer
                          • Sep 2006

That's what I'm saying, and I see what you're saying about benching Mudiay, IF Malone asks him to shoot less and he continues doing it.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

• LakotaBronco
                            Practice Squad
                            • Apr 2008

We'll start winning when we start playing defense....

Comment

• The Experience
                              All-Pro
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LakotaBronco View Post
                              We'll start winning when we start playing defense....
                              We need Nurkic back.

I think that is unfair to judge the Nuggets until he gets back. He is so important to the team, especially on defense.
                              sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                                Captain
                                • Apr 2009

It's important to note that Denver has potentially 4 1st rounders, most likely 3.

Denver has the right to swap its 1st rounder with the Knicks.

We get Houston's 1st if it is below pick 14 (let's hope they pick it up)

We get Memphis's 1st if it falls between 6-14(most likely we get it next year)

Portland's pick if it's below 14

Even if we don't win this year, the roster should be very different next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X