• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HUMCALC
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2011

CP bet anyone on the upcoming game?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      CP bet anyone on the upcoming game?
      No one cares enough this year to bet on this team.
      sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2005

The Clippers offered Blake Griffin and Lance Stephenson for Gallo, Barton, Faried and Jokic.

They can't even be serious.
        sigpic

Comment

• Atwnbroncfan
          OrangeCrush Resurrection
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          The Clippers offered Blake Griffin and Lance Stephenson for Gallo, Barton, Faried and Jokic.

LMAO, WHAT?!?!?!? They get to unload their problem children for 4 of our top 6 players? I'd do that trade for Barton, Faried, and pick. Even then I'm not a fan.
          sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
            Captain
            • Apr 2009

I would do that of they took out Jokic
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• DenverBlood
              Football Immortal
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              LMAO, WHAT?!?!?!? They get to unload their problem children for 4 of our top 6 players? I'd do that trade for Barton, Faried, and pick. Even then I'm not a fan.
              Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              I would do that of they took out Jokic
              I wouldn't do it at all. You have to realize Griffins contract expires after this season. And he would be extremely unlikely to re-sign in Denver.

So that essentially makes it a Lance Stephenson for those 4 trade which is absolutely absurd. Because this season is already down the drain for us. So Blake Griffin is worthless in that trade to us.

And Lance Stephenson based on his production this year isn't worth a single one of our players alone let alone 4 of them.
              sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                Captain
                • Apr 2009

I wouldn't do it at all. You have to realize Griffins contract expires after this season. And he would be extremely unlikely to re-sign in Denver.

So that essentially makes it a Lance Stephenson for those 4 trade which is absolutely absurd. Because this season is already down the drain for us. So Blake Griffin is worthless in that trade to us.

And Lance Stephenson based on his production this year isn't worth a single one of our players alone let alone 4 of them.
                Denver gets the chance at a star, and can tank in the process. Right now they are just good enough to avoid the top tier talent of draftees. They are in the death area of mediocrity. Best case, you get a high draft pick and Blake. Worst case, you still get a high draft pick. Right now the nuggets are on a great path of picking 7-12 every year, and just waiting to hit the reset button.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                  Captain
                  • Apr 2009

We traded Foye for Augustine, Novak, and 2 2nds

Comment

• DenverBlood
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    Denver gets the chance at a star, and can tank in the process. Right now they are just good enough to avoid the top tier talent of draftees. They are in the death area of mediocrity. Best case, you get a high draft pick and Blake. Worst case, you still get a high draft pick. Right now the nuggets are on a great path of picking 7-12 every year, and just waiting to hit the reset button.
                    I guess my point is in my opinion we aren't getting a star. The team is 22-32. What exactly is Blake Griffin going to do for us for 28 games?

And then he leaves in free agency. So what did that really get us? Why give up that core of players for Lance Stephenson plus 28 days of Blake? So the fans can come watch Blake for 14 home games? Who cares?

Now if the Nuggets can get a sign and trade out of Blake then hell yes it becomes a favorable trade for us. But as it stands now with him likely gone in 28 days it makes no sense whatsoever to trade all that for Lance Stephenson. Please tell me you get that?
                    sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                      Captain
                      • Apr 2009

I guess my point is in my opinion we aren't getting a star. The team is 22-32. What exactly is Blake Griffin going to do for us for 28 games?

And then he leaves in free agency. So what did that really get us? Why give up that core of players for Lance Stephenson plus 28 days of Blake? So the fans can come watch Blake for 14 home games? Who cares?

Now if the Nuggets can get a sign and trade out of Blake then hell yes it becomes a favorable trade for us. But as it stands now with him likely gone in 28 days it makes no sense whatsoever to trade all that for Lance Stephenson. Please tell me you get that?
                      If they took out Jokic it would be Lance and Blake for Gallo, Barton, and Faried. Do I think Blake leaves I think he might, but there is a chance he stays for more money here. Blake probably wouldn't play much if at all in the next month, but that only helps our draft pick. If he walks, he walks, but all that means is Denver is in prime tank position next year. Our current roster is going nowhere, but they're not top 5 pick bad.

In 28 days Denver gets a chance to convince Blake to stay or go full rebuild with tons of cap space. Either the franchise makes a much needed shift.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

Looks like Mudiay is starting to prove me wrong and slowly turning into a superstar before the end of his rookie season. I've liked Gary Harris development as well since the team gave up on the season and turned it over to the youngsters.

Hopefully we can get a couple of more key pieces in this years draft to help build a solid young core.
                        sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                          Football Immortal
                          • Nov 2005

Terrible first season under Malone and due to our second half flop yesterday it's looking like we won't get more than two first round picks.
                          sigpic

Comment

• CodyRoarkNFL
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Apr 2016

This has been a very trying year. The most frustrating thing about it is that you see some of the players on this team who have amazing potential(I hate that word because usually it is said after it's not achieved), but towards the end of the first half of the season right before All-Star Break I was very excited and hopeful for after the break what the Nuggets could do. The 2nd half of the season has been atrocious. Mudiay has quickly evolved into a player that has shocked me and has so much upside. He's a bright spot. You have to hope that Wilson Chandler's hip can be healthy and ready for next season. We missed him in many ways this season. Gallinari needs to go to a village and receive a blessing of health so that he can remain healthy. This team demonstrated many flashes of greatness this season, but the overlaying shadow of bad play has trumped it more-so. Mike Malone is passionate and I like that about him, I like his honesty and how he demands players work hard. Hopefully Houston snags a last minute playoff spot and we can receive another first round pick.

Go Nugs!
                            Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

Comment

• The Experience
                              All-Pro
                              • Jan 2007

Terrible first season under Malone and due to our second half flop yesterday it's looking like we won't get more than two first round picks.
                              What did you expect this year? Malone did an excellent job this year with what he had to work with. Fact is, there just isn't much talent on this roster yet, and what talent we do have is very raw.

This team is clearly headed in the right direction.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Atwnbroncfan
                                OrangeCrush Resurrection
                                • Aug 2006

I disagree Malone has done well. Right now if the standings stay as is we will get 3 1st round picks. I don't expect us to use all 3 though as we have enough young talent. We need an alpha scorer and some shooting. I'm hoping we can draft Buddy Hield or trade our last two 1st round picks plus a couple players for Butler from Chicago.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X