Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    I disagree Malone has done well. Right now if the standings stay as is we will get 3 1st round picks. I don't expect us to use all 3 though as we have enough young talent. We need an alpha scorer and some shooting. I'm hoping we can draft Buddy Hield or trade our last two 1st round picks plus a couple players for Butler from Chicago.
    You misunderstand me. I wasn't necessarily blaming Malone. But in no form or fashion can you call 33-49 a good season. And we won more games last year.

I knew it would be a challenge all year to get more out of them but a great year would've been 5-6 more wins which would've been in the playoff hunt surprisingly. I would've called that a success even if we missed.

But I'm never going to say 33-49 isn't terrible even if he needs slack his first year and expectations weren't high.

Now for the picks hopefully Houston wind tonight so we get the third pick. And hopefully Malone can improve in his second season. I sure do like how Mudiay showed improvement when vets went down. So I'll credit Malone with that.

I'm just not sure who I care to package for. I doubt we could move all the way up to #1 plus I don't really like Simmons anyway. I would approve of Brandon Ingram but with Kobe retiring if they land at #2 I don't see them giving him away.

I would be happy to get Hield at 3 but honestly I would be stoked to stay put and take Brice Johnson.

Of course this is all hypothetical until we have the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You misunderstand me. I wasn't necessarily blaming Malone. But in no form or fashion can you call 33-49 a good season. And we won more games last year.

I knew it would be a challenge all year to get more out of them but a great year would've been 5-6 more wins which would've been in the playoff hunt surprisingly. I would've called that a success even if we missed.

But I'm never going to say 33-49 isn't terrible even if he needs slack his first year and expectations weren't high.

Now for the picks hopefully Houston wind tonight so we get the third pick. And hopefully Malone can improve in his second season. I sure do like how Mudiay showed improvement when vets went down. So I'll credit Malone with that.

I'm just not sure who I care to package for. I doubt we could move all the way up to #1 plus I don't really like Simmons anyway. I would approve of Brandon Ingram but with Kobe retiring if they land at #2 I don't see them giving him away.

I would be happy to get Hield at 3 but honestly I would be stoked to stay put and take Brice Johnson.

Of course this is all hypothetical until we have the lottery.
    I get where you are coming from, 33-49 is not ideal, but what did you expect this year? Honestly, they exceeded my expectations this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    I get where you are coming from, 33-49 is not ideal, but what did you expect this year? Honestly, they exceeded my expectations this year.
    But exceeding expectations does not mean it wasn't a terrible season.

I didn't expect playoffs but I guess part of me hoped we could make it while still stock piling draft picks. Especially since we get higher of ours and Knicks picks.

Honestly even though I didn't expect much I also don't really expect a coaching change to result in fewer wins.

But I think we only missed by 1-2 years.

Don't get me wrong I'm not here saying fire Malone now.

Just saying 33-49 sucks period. No glass half full from me on this season.

Last season Denver was 30-52 this season they are 33-48 with one to play.

The nuggets are in a tricky spot. There is a lot of youth already on the roster, so I doubt all 3 picks hit the roster. If all plays out right IIRC we will have like 12% chance at the #2 pick. However, right now I just don't know where we go. Perhaps, Buddy, Brice, then a guy like Thon Maker to develop in the D League. However, we do have a penchant for taking Foreign players. So I'd expect at least 1.

My mistake. I was mixing up last season with the 36 wins the year before.

So I guess technically he did get more wins out of them.

But man has it been a frustrating 3 years since Karl left.

My mistake. I was mixing up last season with the 36 wins the year before.

So I guess technically he did get more wins out of them.

But man has it been a frustrating 3 years since Karl left.
    Karl was great for the regular season, but at least he made the playoffs.

I'm clinging to the idea we are developing young talent. However, draft at like 10 will not help us get to legit contenders anytime soon. We are in that area of mediocrity where we are not bad enough to get stars, but now can't even make the playoffs.

I could live with being bad if the end goal was a top 3 draft pick. The FO is keeping vets like Gallo and Augustine is just baffling.

I don't agree we can't do anything without a top 5 pick

We can definitely get better with just staying put. If we draft right.

Just look at the Celtics after how they've drafted the past two years. With four first rounders last year. Sure they are missing a star for a title. But I would settle for home court in a playoff series again.

I don't agree we can't do anything without a top 5 pick

We can definitely get better with just staying put. If we draft right.

Just look at the Celtics after how they've drafted the past two years. With four first rounders last year. Sure they are missing a star for a title. But I would settle for home court in a playoff series again.
    I wouldn't, I want a championship.

After last night's games,

Denver will likely have the 7th overall pick via the knicks (unless the ping pong balls bounce right, IE this is the year the NBA tries to prove it's not rigged)

Houston made the playoffs thank goodness.

We also have Portlands pick.

I'd imagine we'd like to package picks to move up, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I wouldn't, I want a championship.
    Baby steps

This draft class sucks. Hope we draft Deyonta Davis and trade Faried or have him come off the bench at least.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    This draft class sucks. Hope we draft Deyonta Davis and trade Faried or have him come off the bench at least.
    I wouldn't say it sucks, I'd say there are two stars at the top. There is good talent in the top 10, and some good role players/projects after that. If you're looking for a star, you're kind of boned.

Next year is the year to be in the lottery. It will be a loaded draft class!

If Nuggets can grab Murray or Hield it will be ok. We need a shooter and someone that can play D. But no way we use all 3 first round picks.