Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Winning Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Shsonline View Post
    Basically this. How ironic is it that in his (likely) last year, our D is Super Bowl caliber but our O is crappy with Manning.
    Probably the best comment this year. Please tell me how to cp you good sir. We are in trouble within a month.

Man. If so many people are whining and the Broncos are 5-0, imagine if we lose a game! CJ, Hillman, Juwan, and Manning all look below average this year. Im guessing the patchwork Oline has a major part to do with it. I mean it just makes sense if all are playing poor. Right? Or are they all cooked? You cant say one is and the others arent. My opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    I agree Peyton cannot play under center effectively and consistently. That is not anyone's problem except the coaches to figure out. They did by week 2-3 and the offense improved. It's not up to Peyton (or his fans) to defend that he doesn't do read options or QB sneaks or other things that never made him great to begin with. The argument coming from those against Peyton is that he has demonstrably changed, pointing to an aspect that has never been psrt of his game to begin with is not compelling.

Your statement about only throwing to a pre-snap read show that you don't really get the Manning offense or how he operates.
    Really, pretty sure PM is famous for his work pre snap and deciding what the D is giving him. Back in the day, because he could make all the throws, it was a nightmare to defend. Now, it's more like a child playing peek-a-boo.

The coaches were supposed to take us in a new direction but they can't get out from under the weight of a HOF QB.

We won't see a Kubiak offense until Peyton is gone. Elway did this, he should have made the call instead of putting his brand new coach in the position of being the guy that tells a HOFer to hang em up. Even if he thought Peyton had something left Peyton was not going to be able to run Kubiaks offense.

This will end ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Absolutely. I too have so much respect for him. You make a great point about him trying to practice it away. He'll study harder, he'll work harder, but it's not that he doesn't know WHAT to do, it's just that he CAN'T do. He's been on the top of the mountain for so long, it's hard for him to realize he's hit the pinnacle. I want him to go out with dignity and respect. Not this way.
    This post makes me sad lol, he does deserve better but it's not the first time a legend laced em up one year too long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLumberjacks View Post
    Man. If so many people are whining and the Broncos are 5-0, imagine if we lose a game! CJ, Hillman, Juwan, and Manning all look below average this year. Im guessing the patchwork Oline has a major part to do with it. I mean it just makes sense if all are playing poor. Right? Or are they all cooked? You cant say one is and the others arent. My opinion.
    Well, in college terms it's kind of like when Alabama plays South Dakota A&M and barely wins. It's not a sign of good things to come when we play better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    Well, in college terms it's kind of like when Alabama plays South Dakota A&M and barely wins. It's not a sign of good things to come when we play better teams.
    Except there are no South Dakota A&Ms in the NFL. Except the Raiders

Of course you will give the ball away sometimes when the offense is given exclusively to you to move. You're still not getting that. The 1-2 picks doesn't matter, the offense needs to change.
    Agreed we need to run from under center, which PFM can't do. I totally agree the O does need to change, put in Brock and lets run Kubes O
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Agreed we need to run from under center, which PFM can't do. I totally agree the O does need to change, put in Brock and lets run Kubes O
    Lol that backfired

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    This post makes me sad lol, he does deserve better but it's not the first time a legend laced em up one year too long.
    Thoroughly agree with both of you. I hate to see it this way for PFM. It stinks and he is a very classy guy which makes it even worse. But it is hat it is.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

I fully understand the oline is terrible...i see wr drops...i see a terrible run game

But our defense is special...and it deserves to have a at worst a decent offense...it does not

We hire a coach known for creative playcalling and dictating to a defense....and our offense totaly sucks

I fully support manning...but by the 5th game you would expect the offense to get it going....you cant do that with manning im afraid

So...do we really think with a defense that should be #1 across the board...oz couldnt get 3 fgs...with two i belive starting in fg range already for the win

Or do better then 30th ranked offense...or have more ints than tds

As poor as this offense is...we need a change...a qb that can execute every play in the book as this offense is designed to run...might be worth a shot

Nobody seriously thinks a bottom 3 offence has playoff winning chances

All I have to say is, "JDR and Heath Evans, how do you like our defense now?"

Seattle not only gave up the lead, they also gave up the game. So there!
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

An ugliest win is 100 times better than the best dressed loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ThundersCome View Post
    An ugliest win is 100 times better than the best dressed loss.
    True, but it's fine to critique the problems in any game, and the fact is the offensive production is not sustainable long-term.

The question becomes why. I have advocated for just the simple fact- those simply saying it is Peyton's physical limitations, and that said problems would be fixed with a different variety of QB (be it a more mobile one or otherwise) and arguing from lazy thinking.

The board is split on this issue, but the fact is there's a lot of issues and just a lot of bad luck that has been coming the offenses way, but the good news is you see improvement in the actual ability to move the ball down the field. They just aren't scoring.

True, but it's fine to critique the problems in any game, and the fact is the offensive production is not sustainable long-term.

The question becomes why. I have advocated for just the simple fact- those simply saying it is Peyton's physical limitations, and that said problems would be fixed with a different variety of QB (be it a more mobile one or otherwise) and arguing from lazy thinking.

The board is split on this issue, but the fact is there's a lot of issues and just a lot of bad luck that has been coming the offenses way, but the good news is you see improvement in the actual ability to move the ball down the field. They just aren't scoring.
    Oh absolutely nothing wrong with critique. My statement was just in general. Because I would be grinding my teeth right now had we lost to the Raiders, instead, being 5-0 is exactly what it is, undefeated and beautiful.

I'll just hang my hat on, when you play good defense, you can beat anyone. We're playing GREAT defense and I have to believe we'll put up points during crunch time despite our offensive woes. I honestly believe we won't even hit our stride until week 10 or even later, which isn't a bad thing. We've played a variety of team-types and we've beat them all. That tells me we're tough but most importantly, adaptable.

I think this team is built to play up to it's competition, and has the edge to pull ahead and capitalize. That probably means a lot of close games but oh well. We just have to accept that we're not the high flying team of the last few years, we're a gritty defensive team with a more than capable offense. Those are the teams I hate to play honestly.

We're doing what it takes to win. We'll build off of that and get better*hopefully* each week. Plus division games are always tough, just ask Arizona about their game last week.

Good win today. Yep, the team needs to improve on offense. Running backs have to break one on one tackles. O-line has to run block better. Peyton will need to protect the ball better too. However, I'm happy with the win. Let's go get the win from the Browns, then take a needed break (bye) to get our offense on track.