Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191
Results 2,851 to 2,862 of 2862
  1. #2851
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    10,249
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Do i think brock could be better than what manning is at 39...yes
    What is it today...10 tds 15 ints?

    Do i think kubes offense would be better with a mobile accurate qb with a big arm...yes

    I truely do

    Am i writing off the season....dont be absurd...never...not with our defense

    Im smart enough to know the only reason we are 7-1 iis because the defense balled out in seven games and played bad in one

    But we still need consistant qb play to win in the post...
    9-13 i think

  2. #2852
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,561
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Do i think brock could be better than what manning is at 39...yes
    What is it today...10 tds 15 ints?

    Do i think kubes offense would be better with a mobile accurate qb with a big arm...yes

    I truely do

    Am i writing off the season....dont be absurd...never...not with our defense

    Im smart enough to know the only reason we are 7-1 iis because the defense balled out in seven games and played bad in one

    But we still need consistant qb play to win in the post...
    If Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon, (young) Tom Brady (2001), and Russell Wilson can all win rings with defense then I believe so can a 39 yr old Manning and so does Kube. When he doesn't believe that then will see Brock.

  3. #2853
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    So it's better to sing kumbye yaa and hold hands thinking Brock would be better?
    The coach ain't making that move Rap, if he does then I'll back his decision. If you want to write us off because of MANNING Be My guest, I'm NOT Ready To Give up!
    Anything can happen. Peyton could play well the rest of the season, but I think it's highly unlikely.

  4. #2854
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mora View Post
    Anything can happen. Peyton could play well the rest of the season, but I think it's highly unlikely.
    It is highly unlikely if he is asked to carry the load like he was today.

  5. #2855
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,032
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    If Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon,
    (young) Tom Brady (2001), and Russell Wilson can all win rings with defense then I believe so can a 39 yr old Manning and so does Kube. When he doesn't believe that then will see Brock.
    Didnt dilfer have the leagues best run game....i pretty sure johnson had a great rush game...we know the bears had one of the greatest ever....brady had his cameras...and russell had beastmode

    We dont even commit to the run

  6. #2856
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,390
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    You are correct. Kubiak is stuck with Manning as the starter and trying to figure out a way to "make it work" with a QB that is playing poorly. I have been critical of Manning returning since the off-season so I am just frustrated to see the season playing out this way. I had concerns that the offensive philosophies could mesh. So far the the meshing seems awfully one sided to me and not working.

    My joy has been the surprising way the defense has played and carried the team. They faltered a bit today and the offense was pretty much what we saw the first six games. Struggling to make first downs, struggling to make plays and a very modest 17 points scored today. Time of possession and turnovers can only be overcome by the defense so many times.

    Today was a great comparison of QBs. Both were 21/36 and similar yardage. Both had 2 TDs. Only one had 2 Ints. Luck also had 6 scrambles for 36 yards though. There are complaints about the run game. Colts ran the ball 40 times. Most importantly they stuck with it! Gore had 28 carries for a 3.0 ypc. Anderson was 7 carries for a 4.9 ypc. One QB made plays today, one didn't.

    Isn't the old adage "you are what your record says you are"? Apply that to Manning 2015. After 8 games he is what the stats says he is. Ranked somewhere around the 30th worst starting QB in the league. Broncos are 7-0 despite Manning at this point. As we saw today not sure how much they can continue to cover for him and expect to keep winning.
    First, I disagree with the title of this thread.

    I usually agree with a lot of your posts. But there's some in this that I don't. I don't think this loss is all on Manning. I've been very unhappy with his play this season and have said so.

    Today I was boggled by the playcalling. Are you suggesting that it's Manning's fault that we didn't run it more? You're post kind of implies it. I figured we'd run it down their throats today. I don't understand the pass happy play calls but I don't believe that's on Manning.

    Why the hell have we hired Kubiak to install this new offense if we aren't going to run the damn ball? That's on him and Dennison. Wasn't the purpose of going to this offense so we weren't going to have to rely on Manning so much to throw? I'm kind of dumbfounded actually. Can anyone please explain to me why we aren't running the ball.

    I'm sick of his picks. Holy moly I want to scream. Totally unacceptable. I can't take them anymore. I don't understand why he's throwing so many. I really don't. It has to stop. Perhaps if we ran the ball more, like we all heard we were going to.....

    The defense was not all that great today. We gave up so many 3rd and longs that I had visions of JDR.!Someone brought up the fact that they had a new OC so maybe he installed new schemes that we were unprepared for.

    The penalties are killing us and preventing us from getting off the field. Several penalties contributed to scores along with Manning's picks.

    Today I felt this was a total team loss more than the other games were team wins. - meaning those were mainly defensive wins.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-08-2015 at 10:29 PM.

  7. #2857
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Do i think brock could be better than what manning is at 39...yes
    What is it today...10 tds 15 ints?

    Do i think kubes offense would be better with a mobile accurate qb with a big arm...yes

    I truely do

    Am i writing off the season....dont be absurd...never...not with our defense

    Im smart enough to know the only reason we are 7-1 iis because the defense balled out in seven games and played bad in one

    But we still need consistant qb play to win in the post...
    we are 7-1 because defense bailed us out of SIX games and played bad in one. We dominated GB on BOTH sides of the ball. Lets give the Offense (MANNING INCLUDED) credit where its due
    Last edited by candothisallday; 11-08-2015 at 10:17 PM.

  8. #2858
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,032
    Quote Originally Posted by candothisallday View Post
    we are 7-1 because defense bailed us out of SIX games and played bad in one.

    We dominated GB on BOTH sides of the ball. Lets give the Offense (MANNING INCLUDED) credit where its due
    Im pretty sure limiting rodgers to ten points and 50 net yards passing is some dam good defense

  9. #2859
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    2,606
    Lets give him credit for moving the offense today and throwing 2 touch downs on a day we basically had no running game at all. I hope to see us run better against KC and force the defense to play honestly and not just play the pass - kind of funny how things work better when both facets of the game are a threat.

  10. #2860
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Im pretty sure limiting rodgers to ten points and 50 net yards passing is some dam good defense
    thats why i said both. we absolutely didnt need to be bailed out of that game as you alluded to

  11. #2861
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    16,032
    Quote Originally Posted by candothisallday View Post
    thats why i said both. we absolutely didnt need to be bailed out of that game as

    you alluded to
    You dont know what would have happened if we couldnt stop rodgers offense...could have been a totaly differant game had gb got the offense going

    Yes manning played decent

    But the defense was amazing

  12. #2862
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,907
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Wait. I usually agree with a lot of your posts. But there's some in this that I don't. I don't think this loss is all on Manning. I've been very unhappy with his play this season and have said so.

    Today I was boggled by the playcalling. Are you suggesting that it's Manning's fault that we didn't run it more? You're post kind of implies it. I figured we'd run it down their throats today. I don't understand the pass happy play calls but I don't believe that's on Manning.

    I'm sick of his picks. Holy moly I want to scream. Totally unacceptable.

    The defense was not all that great today. We gave up so many 3rd and longs that I had visions of JDR.!Someone brought up the fact that they had a new OC so maybe he installed new schemes that we were unprepared for.

    The penalties are killing us and preventing us from getting off the field. Several penalties contributed to scores along with Manning's picks.

    Today I felt this was a total team loss more than the other games were team wins. - meaning those were mainly defensive wins.
    I mentioned in earlier posts that there is enough blame to go around today. Defensive mistakes and penalties among them.

    Poor play can be spread among the offense too. But the continued poor play of Manning can not be ignored. The mistakes, turnovers and low ratings are not the anomaly. This is Manning this year.

    As for the play calling. I do think Manning has more input and control then Kubiak at this point. From personnel decisions, audibles or from a "what makes Manning comfortable" aspect of the game planning. All balanced more towards a Manning offensive philosophy then one Kubiak has ever run before.

    Manning made some nice plays. I am not putting the entire loss on his head. But good QBs make plays. Part of the reason I made the comparison to Luck. He was under more pressure throughout the game then Manning. Yet who got the first downs and kept drives going? Who made the mistakes?

    I respect legacy of Manning. But am frustrated with the continued poor play of Manning 2015. Sorry but after 8 games he is what his is. Leading the league in interceptions and has a rating that puts him at the bottom of the QB rankings. I do not believe Kubiak or Elway can bench him at this point. But IMO it is more because of the reputation and hopes he somehow figures it out. Not because he is being judged as any other player who is not making consistent plays.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •