Ed McCaffrey's son, Christian... now in the Heisman conversation

If anyone watched last night... Christian (Sophomore RB at Stanford) had almost 400 all purpose yards against UCLA. He rushed for 243 of those.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...061054454.html

1) I think it's awesome to see Christian kicking butt (Barry Sanders Jr. is on the team as well)

2) How awesome would it be to have another McCaffrey as a Bronco?

Keep your eye on this kid. He'll definitely be playing in the NFL if he keeps this up. Maybe with us?

I kind of don't think he'll be around by the time we pick, but it would be awesome if he was.

I had never heard of him until last night when I switched over to the game, late in the game. I know Ed has kids so I put the pieces together. However, the first thought I had when they showed him on screen was how unnaturally muscular that kid looks. Before they even flashed his name I'm looking at the wide neck and bulging arms and thinking HGH. Probably just good genes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I had never heard of him until last night when I switched over to the game, late in the game. I know Ed has kids so I put the pieces together. However, the first thought I had when they showed him on screen was how unnaturally muscular that kid looks. Before they even flashed his name I'm looking at the wide neck and bulging arms and thinking HGH. Probably just good genes I guess.

Probably. Ed was always one of the hardest workers in the weight room. Wouldn't surprise me if his sons are too.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post

Probably. Ed was always one of the hardest workers in the weight room. Wouldn't surprise me if his sons are too.
    Ed had that wide neck too. Of course weren't those Broncos teams accused of being supplement aided? Something with Romanowski?

Over the offseason, Turley went to work remaking the body of a guy who his school generously lists as being 6-foot and who arrived on campus weighing less than 200 pounds. With Turley’s help, McCaffrey went from 197 pounds to 202 pounds while dropping his body fat from 13.1 percent to 9.7 percent – effectively gaining 10 pounds of lean muscle mass.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...-mandel-101415

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Over the offseason, Turley went to work remaking the body of a guy who his school generously lists as being 6-foot and who arrived on campus weighing less than 200 pounds. With Turley’s help, McCaffrey went from 197 pounds to 202 pounds while dropping his body fat from 13.1 percent to 9.7 percent – effectively gaining 10 pounds of lean muscle mass.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...-mandel-101415
    I need a Turley!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    Ed had that wide neck too. Of course weren't those Broncos teams accused of being supplement aided? Something with Romanowski?
    Romanowski was, McCaffrey never was as far as I can remember. You can get large, bulgy muscles like that from good dieting and proper weight lifting and exercise.

I'm a little curious if he could transition to receiver if needed, or be more of a do-it-all kind of guy like Danny Woodhead or Sproles

That would be awesome if his son someday became a Bronco. I know in the past anytime I've looked up Ed McCaffrey online his son's name always comes up, with news clips on his talent. That'd be awesome to have another McCaffrey, I'm sure he's learned a lot from his old man....

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe