Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Games in London...what do you think?

I think it's absolutely ridiculous and is totally unfair for the team that has to give up a home game (not that it really matters in this case, we are talking about the Jags I just hate the whole possibility of expansion outside the US and am sick of Goodell and his bosses (the owners) following any hint of revenue to exploit.

Any thoughts?
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

What I find ridiculous is that it won't be on TV but rather streaming online. What the hell is up with that? Unbelievable. So, not only do they have to play in London, but there is a possibility that a ton of their fans won't be able to watch it unless they can access it online. That blows!!!
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

London? Sounds great! G'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the Barbie!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Isn't Liechtenstein more deserving of an expansion team?

Or maybe Vatican City? Forget Nike. Have whomever makes the Swiss Guard uniforms make the team jerseys.

Plus the mascot is a no-brainer.

Typical US corporate greed; someone at NFL HQ studied Business Ethics under Bernie Madoff.

What happened? Did the EU threaten to stop exporting Soccer, Rugby, and Lacrosse to the US unless the NFL started playing games in Europe?
    Last edited by Grandpa; 10-23-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Home fans shouldn't have to give up a home game, there are only 8 regular season games ... what's wrong with the NFL expanding into London and them have there own team?

How does it work? If the Broncos were to play there and lose a home game here, a season ticket holder gives up that game? I sure wouldn't be happy with that!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    What I find ridiculous is that it won't be on TV but rather streaming online. What the hell is up with that? Unbelievable. So, not only do they have to play in London, but there is a possibility that a ton of their fans won't be able to watch it unless they can access it online. That blows!!!
    I thought those games were still covered with the NFL ticket, you would think those teams would still see on local TV as well. Is that not the case?

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    what's wrong with the NFL expanding into London and them have there own team?
    Because then we couldn't call it the National Football League. It would have to rename itself the International Football League, which would put it in conflict with the European version of "football." Plus all the logos would have to be changed, the advertisements changed .... think about the hundreds of millions of dollars THAT would cost! Think how much US cities tell us it costs to change a street sign ... now increase that cost logarithimically for changing an entire industry's signage.

Of course if the EU developed it's own American football league (oops! another AFL?!?!?!?), then the NFL champion could play the EU champion and the winner would actually be the World Champions.
    Last edited by Grandpa; 10-23-2015 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added another thought .....

I read somewhere one of the teams in FL, had volunteered to give up a home game .... I'm sure there compensated nicely for it, since they request giving up that home field advantage. The NFL is trying to broaden the world's interest. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a lot of nations probably have more interest in Rugby or Soccer than American Football.

I like that we have a lot of international fans here on the site, but I imagine it would be hardest for season ticket holders if there team gives away a home game.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I thought those games were still covered with the NFL ticket, you would think those teams would still see on local TV as well. Is that not the case?
    Not sure. But why in the world would they do this and cut out a huge portion of fans who don't have Sunday Ticket, and who don't have the capacity to watch online?

The NFL can't stop doing stuff to wreck the game. This, rule changes favored toward offense, inundated with defensive penalties, horrendous officiating, inconsistent suspensions and punishments, poor decisions by Goodell. It's ruining the game. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I read somewhere one of the teams in FL, had volunteered to give up a home game .... I'm sure there compensated nicely for it, since they request giving up that home field advantage. The NFL is trying to broaden the world's interest. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a lot of nations probably have more interest in Rugby or Soccer than American Football.

I like that we have a lot of international fans here on the site, but I imagine it would be hardest for season ticket holders if there team gives away a home game.
    For this game, a player had to remain back in the US because he didn't have a Passport. Another issue that has to be addressed. Guys with criminal records may not get one.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    For this game, a player had to remain back in the US because he didn't have a Passport. Another issue that has to be addressed. Guys with criminal records may not get one.
    Guess the 1970's & 1980's Dallas Cowboys are sure glad the NFL didn't start this "across the pond" adventure back when THEY were active players.

(Old joke: Dallas Cowboys have a new coordinator for the defense ... Johnny Cochran.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Guess the 1970's & 1980's Dallas Cowboys are sure glad the NFL didn't start this "across the pond" adventure back when THEY were active players.

(Old joke: Dallas Cowboys have a new coordinator for the defense ... Johnny Cochran.)
    Not for off for this year either.....Greg Hardy, Rolando McClain! Need I say more?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I find the attitude of some people here terrible. I am going to London tomorrow, I have been to every game, and its a chance for fans in Britain and Europe to see a live game within their budget.

I, and many people, watch the NFL from 6pm Sunday to 5am, plus TNF and MNF which both finish around the same time, and then get up for work a couple of hours later. We spend money on merchandise, and I have flown to Denver 3 times to watch the Broncos play..... although like I say not everyone can afford to, especially those bringing family along.

There are over 250 regular season games in the season. Allowing people overseas to watch 3 is not asking for much. Especially as the Jags get a poor attendance at home anyway. Fans in Britain dedicate a lot of time to the NFL, begrudging them 3 games a season is very obnoxious imo

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I find the attitude of some people here terrible. I am going to London tomorrow, I have been to every game, and its a chance for fans in Britain and Europe to see a live game within their budget.

I, and many people, watch the NFL from 6pm Sunday to 5am, plus TNF and MNF which both finish around the same time, and then get up for work a couple of hours later. We spend money on merchandise, and I have flown to Denver 3 times to watch the Broncos play..... although like I say not everyone can afford to, especially those bringing family along.

There are over 250 regular season games in the season. Allowing people overseas to watch 3 is not asking for much. Especially as the Jags get a poor attendance at home anyway. Fans in Britain dedicate a lot of time to the NFL, begrudging them 3 games a season is very obnoxious imo
    Well, you make some good points and added something we probably didn't think of. My issue was not understanding why it wasn't on TV and therefore concerned that the fans of the teams that were playing may not get a chance to watch.

But again, you raised excellent points but was it necessary to come off like you're scolding people? Jeez!