Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    If they did the model I proposed a team would lose 1 home game every 9 years, and would know what year this was going to be, that way a fan will get to watch their team at one point, even if its only once.

Do you think that is too big an ask ?
    And their opponent now has a neutral game so one less away game. Vegas usually gives a home team 3 points which means on neutral field would be an advantage for an opponent.

This is why I deem teams with blackouts contenders for out of country games. Their local fans who probably had taxes increased to pay for stadiums shouldn't be punished to appease other countries.

There are fans all over the world what makes one fan base more important to appease than the other? I don't like over sea games and I don't like Thursday night games.

The reason I said the only reason I would be okay with the black out teams is because at that point they aren't supporting their team.

Your suggestion is a suggestion of entitlement because the NATIONAL football league shouldn't have to do anything for international fans but they are. That should be enough not well my team I line isn't here so they all should have to. Because your suggestion is just the home team and doesn't account for the opponent.

So what about a bronco fan lives in Carolina territory and the 1 year they play in Carolina in 8 years they go overseas? So like I said I don't like them but if they are going to do it do it with teams that can't fill their stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    And their opponent now has a neutral game so one less away game. Vegas usually gives a home team 3 points which means on neutral field would be an advantage for an opponent.

This is why I deem teams with blackouts contenders for out of country games. Their local fans who probably had taxes increased to pay for stadiums shouldn't be punished to appease other countries.

There are fans all over the world what makes one fan base more important to appease than the other? I don't like over sea games and I don't like Thursday night games.

The reason I said the only reason I would be okay with the black out teams is because at that point they aren't supporting their team.

Your suggestion is a suggestion of entitlement because the NATIONAL football league shouldn't have to do anything for international fans but they are. That should be enough not well my team I line isn't here so they all should have to. Because your suggestion is just the home team and doesn't account for the opponent.

So what about a bronco fan lives in Carolina territory and the 1 year they play in Carolina in 8 years they go overseas? So like I said I don't like them but if they are going to do it do it with teams that can't fill their stadium.
    Its called the NATIONAL football league because all the teams are based there, not because that's the only place people watch games, follow teams, or where games are played.

Its not entitlement, its deserved. Britain have a big NFL following compared with other countries and have the biggest TV deal with the NFL by far.

The road team is on the road whether its in the States or London, I don't think that really matters or is the point. You need to look at the big picture.

That Broncos fan in Carolina has a stadium near him he can go to whenever he likes. If he wants to watch Denver just go to a game there... its pretty easy and affordable to get to from Carolina for a few nights.

Its called the NATIONAL football league because all the teams are based there, not because that's the only place people watch games, follow teams, or where games are played.

Its not entitlement, its deserved. Britain have a big NFL following compared with other countries and have the biggest TV deal with the NFL by far.

The road team is on the road whether its in the States or London, I don't think that really matters or is the point. You need to look at the big picture.

That Broncos fan in Carolina has a stadium near him he can go to whenever he likes. If he wants to watch Denver just go to a game there... its pretty easy and affordable to get to from Carolina for a few nights.
    It isn't deserved that is entitled thinking. So they have a larger fan base than the states? Last I checked USA is a country and I don't believe for a second they have a larger fan base than us for the nfl. Heck I think the nfl tried creating a league over there and it failed.

And so now neutral field doesn't make a difference? Do the patriots playing denver in Denver or paying in Chicago makes no difference for the patriots? Pretty sure they would take the neutral field over going into a home stadium. Otherwise home field advantage means nothing.

They paid money for it fine give them the teams that are blacked out like I said. Thursday night games are sloppy just like over sea games are. That is the reason both are terrible. Thursday night games are played on to short of a week and over sea games are played at a terrible time when they aren't used to playing. Both create sloppy games.

But since it is like Thursday night games and not going anywhere try to limit the damage and send tans that get blacked out the season prior.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    It isn't deserved that is entitled thinking. So they have a larger fan base than the states? Last I checked USA is a country and I don't believe for a second they have a larger fan base than us for the nfl. Heck I think the nfl tried creating a league over there and it failed.

And so now neutral field doesn't make a difference? Do the patriots playing denver in Denver or paying in Chicago makes no difference for the patriots? Pretty sure they would take the neutral field over going into a home stadium. Otherwise home field advantage means nothing.

They paid money for it fine give them the teams that are blacked out like I said. Thursday night games are sloppy just like over sea games are. That is the reason both are terrible. Thursday night games are played on to short of a week and over sea games are played at a terrible time when they aren't used to playing. Both create sloppy games.

But since it is like Thursday night games and not going anywhere try to limit the damage and send tans that get blacked out the season prior.
    Britain have a big NFL following compared to other countries is what I said, that is why the international games go to London. 'other countries' did not include the States..... I really didn't think I needed to point that out.

There was an NFL Europe, it failed because it was a really low standard full of practice squad players.

I would argue the Jags get a better crowd at Wembley then at Jacksonville. They had a huge following last week and played well to beat the Bills. When I saw them on TV at home to Houston there were empty seats and they got hammered.

Obviously its easier on the road team to play at Wembley, but like I said you need to look at the big picture. The fact that a home team loses a slight advantage is out-weighed by the fact the NFL is increasing its fan base and giving proper fans the opportunity to watch a game in person.

Like I said before, a team wouldn't lose a home game every year under my proposal, it would be 1 game every NINE YEARS. That city could watch their team at home the other 7 games... and playoffs... and the next 8 years.

So you really begrudge overseas fans the chance to watch an NFL game because a city loses 1 home game every 9 years. I would hope that people are open minded but I guess everyones different and your entitled to your opinion.

Britain have a big NFL following compared to other countries is what I said, that is why the international games go to London. 'other countries' did not include the States..... I really didn't think I needed to point that out.

There was an NFL Europe, it failed because it was a really low standard full of practice squad players.

I would argue the Jags get a better crowd at Wembley then at Jacksonville. They had a huge following last week and played well to beat the Bills. When I saw them on TV at home to Houston there were empty seats and they got hammered.

Obviously its easier on the road team to play at Wembley, but like I said you need to look at the big picture. The fact that a home team loses a slight advantage is out-weighed by the fact the NFL is increasing its fan base and giving proper fans the opportunity to watch a game in person.

Like I said before, a team wouldn't lose a home game every year under my proposal, it would be 1 game every NINE YEARS. That city could watch their team at home the other 7 games... and playoffs... and the next 8 years.

So you really begrudge overseas fans the chance to watch an NFL game because a city loses 1 home game every 9 years. I would hope that people are open minded but I guess everyones different and your entitled to your opinion.
    And just like I said blackout teams aka the ones that can't fill their stadium should be forced to fill that need to go over seas. You pointed it out they don't fill the status and London did. Teams that filled their seats shouldn't lose home games.

And I like how you just ignored the sloppy games like the ones you get with Thursday night games point. I personally don't enjoy watching slot games because the nfl feels they need to fill a time spot or try to get additional fans.

But back to your proposal the teams would be over there more than once every 8 years (it's 8 because there are only 8 divisions) because you would have opponents who would be in that running. Odds are you would have to use out of division games so in 4 years every team would have played over seas. That would complicate the schedule even more as those 4 games would have to proceed a bye and it would also have to hit the right 4 year pattern to make it feisible otherwise you end up creating an unfair advantage as you end up with some teams getting sent more while some teams sent less.

There are only 16 games and all 16 matter it isn't soccer where 1 week of 38 would have anywhere near the impact of 1 of 16. So now you end up with a sloppy game trying to incorporate a schedule that has even more restrictions.

So say a team goes over there losing a home game plays another sloppy 8o clock game losses even though they normally play outstanding at home lose home field advantage because that 1 game where they didn't play at home and now travel and their home fans who support them and fill the seats and we're denied a game because some one felt they deserve to be able to view a game in person.

No I don't agree if a teams fans are able to fill the seats they should not be in risk of having one of their home games removed. Now if you don't than yes because the home field means less because you don't have your seats filled. And even than I don't fully agree but just like Thursday night games they are here and don't look to be going anywhere so this is what I think the best proposal is.

And with your they are just practise squad players well we don't seem to have a problem supporting the lower college teams around here either even if they don't have a pro prospect. Not even practise squad level. So that isn't a good reason just prof when given the opportunity it was turned down.

A quick question for our overseas fans ..... are you able to tune in the Armed Forces Radio & Television Network in your country (*IF* we have a military presence in your country)? AFRTS broadcasts at least one game every weekend of the NFL season to the troops. If you're anywhere near a base that hosts our armed forces, you should be able to grab the station out of the airwaves.

At last count, AFRTS broadcasts in 175 countries. Understandably, some of the games will be time delayed since they don't want the troops up at 2am to watch a game, then go on duty with no sleep an hour after the game is over.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

I'm nowhere near any US military station, but on Sky TV I watch the Thursday night game live, three live Sunday games, the live Monday night game, plus many hours of programming like 'Hard Knocks' and 'America's Game' etc.

Viewing figures for the NFL in the UK are growing hugely. The London games are 84,000 sell-outs. The London games jumped from one a season to three a season, and we have seen the Jaguars sign up to be a resident team, we have just had a divisional game (Jets-Dolphins), and a team with no noticeable stadium issues (Kansas City) just gave up an Arrowhead home game to play the Lions in London. The NFL have just extended the deal to play in London, and have signed deals not only to play at Wembley, but at the home of English rugby - Twickenham Stadium, and from 2018, the brand new Tottenham Hotspur soccer stadium.

I have just returned after going to London for the Chiefs v Lions game, and also attended the Jets v Dolphin game. Both were fantastic occasions, great atmosphere, and fans wearing jerseys of all 32 teams, plus some college jerseys and old NFL Europe ones.

Like it or loathe it - the International Series looks set to stay - and grow. There's talk of games in Germany and/or Mexico. UK fans are enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and we love our NFL.

If I were a season ticket holder at a team losing a game to London, I would feel somewhat 'cheated'. My solution would be that the NFL cut one pre-season game, move to a 17 game regular season, and play the new 'extra' game abroad as the International Series. USA fans then get 8 games guaranteed.

A London franchise? That's a whole new ball game. Cannot see it happening over the next fifteen years anyway. Who knows though?

Hi from Scotland. Approaching the end of our six week lockdown here. Hoping for some positive news next week on some small steps in relaxing the lockdown to start on the road back to normality. Hope everyone is bearing up and doing the best they can.

Anyway... I find it surprising that the NFL haven’t already come out and said that there will be no London games in 2020. As we sit here at the start of May, I simply cannot imagine for one minute that 85,000 in Wembley, or 60,000 in Tottenham, can be watching NFL football in October / November. The amount of infrastructure around the games, the amount of people who need to travel from the USA... it cannot happen in my opinion. There’s no point in playing International Series games behind closed doors - obviously. As a UK fan who goes down to London every year for the games, it will be disappointing, but unavoidable.

Any of you guys like to hazard a guess as to when the NFL are likely to make an official announcement about these games?

Best wishes to everyone and their families. I appreciate many of you will be delighted if there’s no overseas games, I understand!

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    Hi from Scotland. Approaching the end of our six week lockdown here. Hoping for some positive news next week on some small steps in relaxing the lockdown to start on the road back to normality. Hope everyone is bearing up and doing the best they can.

Anyway... I find it surprising that the NFL haven’t already come out and said that there will be no London games in 2020. As we sit here at the start of May, I simply cannot imagine for one minute that 85,000 in Wembley, or 60,000 in Tottenham, can be watching NFL football in October / November. The amount of infrastructure around the games, the amount of people who need to travel from the USA... it cannot happen in my opinion. There’s no point in playing International Series games behind closed doors - obviously. As a UK fan who goes down to London every year for the games, it will be disappointing, but unavoidable.

Any of you guys like to hazard a guess as to when the NFL are likely to make an official announcement about these games?

Best wishes to everyone and their families. I appreciate many of you will be delighted if there’s no overseas games, I understand!
    I just saw this....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...agreement.html

Doesn't look good for games overseas
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I just saw this....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...agreement.html

Doesn't look good for games overseas
    Yeah, not unexpected. When they simply cancelled or postponed the European football championships, the Masters at Augusta, the Open Championship, Wimbledon, the Olympics..... plus a ton of other big events... was clear that there would be no NFL on our shores in 2020. To be honest, while disappointing, it just couldn’t be the same anyway. Roll on 2021.

For so many things, not just sport, the rest of this year will pretty much be a write-off. Big music concerts, conferences, mass air travel.... you name it.

Here’s hoping for a swift return to normality and better times ahead.

I think the NFL is going to push hard to have games in 2020 but getting games going in the USA will be a challenge. I think they will drop the over seas stuff for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think the NFL is going to push hard to have games in 2020 but getting games going in the USA will be a challenge. I think they will drop the over seas stuff for 2020.
    I posted in the main forum but the NFL already announced no over seas games for 2020. So you were correct.