Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,468
    I don't care what the other countries want! If there is a demand then create a franchise. If other cities don't want a franchise than they don't deserve games that the NFL fan base has paid for and created over the decades. I don't want a regular season home Bronco game being moved to another city period. If the NFL treats its fan base that way they deserve to lose that fan base!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    True on the overseas franchises. What Broncos fan living in England wants to watch an English team that ISN'T the Broncos? Or a Dallas fan in Amsterdam watching a Dutch team that ISN'T the Cowboys? It would be the same way it is now .... "They're not MY team, but it's all we've got."
    Fans here have a team and wouldn't switch just because a new franchise started up in London.... although I guess new fans to the game might adopt them. I just don't think putting a franchise over here is a good idea or works

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,640
    I HATE these games

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    3,619
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I HATE these games
    Amen......


    2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I HATE these games
    Don't watch them then, pretty simple

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Home fans shouldn't have to give up a home game, there are only 8 regular season games ... what's wrong with the NFL expanding into London and them have there own team?

    How does it work? If the Broncos were to play there and lose a home game here, a season ticket holder gives up that game? I sure wouldn't be happy with that!
    I think the Broncos would have to finish paying for the stadium before going to London as the home team. I believe they're required by their lease to play 8 home games. I don't think preseason counts.

    I'm against overseas regular season games for any team.

    I'm also against overseas expansion teams.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think the Broncos would have to finish paying for the stadium before going to London as the home team. I believe they're required by their lease to play 8 home games. I don't think preseason counts.

    I'm against overseas regular season games for any team.

    I'm also against overseas expansion teams.
    Why ? Do you have a valid reason or argument, because the only one's I have read on this thread are steeped in ignorance.

    Either.......

    1 - We cannot bear to see 3 games out of 260+ played outside the States

    2 - Its so unfair that a team has to give up a one off home game in their franchise history

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,213
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Why ? Do you have a valid reason or argument, because the only one's I have read on this thread are steeped in ignorance.

    Either.......

    1 - We cannot bear to see 3 games out of 260+ played outside the States

    2 - Its so unfair that a team has to give up a one off home game in their franchise history
    They don't need a "valid reason or argument". It's their opinions and they are allowed to voice them.

    "steeped in ignorance" Not a good way to get your point across, IMO.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    They don't need a "valid reason or argument". It's their opinions and they are allowed to voice them.

    "steeped in ignorance" Not a good way to get your point across, IMO.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there's no way of getting round the fact that saying 'no one else should get to watch a game' is a pretty ignorant thing to say

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,213
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there's no way of getting round the fact that saying 'no one else should get to watch a game' is a pretty ignorant thing to say
    I must have missed that post.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,930
    I don't care what the other countries want!

    I HATE these games

    I'm against overseas regular season games for any team.


    Those 2 posts are basically saying that they don't think or care about anyone else watching a game.

    I'm lucky enough to have been to 3 games in Denver, but there are a lot of people who cannot afford to travel overseas... especially taking a family over to the States on a holiday...... these people are dedicated fans who watch the games and stay up at crazy hours to get their 'fix'.

    Does it really kill people to let them watch 3 games out of over 260.... and not even big match-ups.

    Your right, people don't have to provide a valid argument as to why its such a bad thing, but I stand by my view that's its a very ignorant and shallow viewpoint to have towards fellow fans and people in general

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I don't care what the other countries want!

    I HATE these games

    I'm against overseas regular season games for any team.


    Those 2 posts are basically saying that they don't think or care about anyone else watching a game.

    I'm lucky enough to have been to 3 games in Denver, but there are a lot of people who cannot afford to travel overseas... especially taking a family over to the States on a holiday...... these people are dedicated fans who watch the games and stay up at crazy hours to get their 'fix'.

    Does it really kill people to let them watch 3 games out of over 260.... and not even big match-ups.

    Your right, people don't have to provide a valid argument as to why its such a bad thing, but I stand by my view that's its a very ignorant and shallow viewpoint to have towards fellow fans and people in general
    I don't read it that way. Are the games still televised? I'm going to guess they are in some shape. So because they don't want the games played over seas doesn't not mean they don't want them to view it.

    I live in a state without a professional team should I feel entitled to them playing here in Iowa? No because those cities usually end up paying in taxes to build the stadium.

    Now I don't oppose those games it sucks it eliminates a home game so I think it should be limited to teams that have games blacked out the season before. Because obviously they can't fill their stadium with their local fans.

    So I would be okay with that as I see it Europe has their own league they could support it isn't up to the nfl to cater to them. Just like it isn't up to the big time Europe soccer leagues to play 13% or what ever the number is of their home games over seas. We have our own soccer teams we should support those and not hope for another league to supply us games. And if you ate a fan of those teams their is television or other means to watch those games.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I don't read it that way. Are the games still televised? I'm going to guess they are in some shape. So because they don't want the games played over seas doesn't not mean they don't want them to view it.

    I live in a state without a professional team should I feel entitled to them playing here in Iowa? No because those cities usually end up paying in taxes to build the stadium.

    Now I don't oppose those games it sucks it eliminates a home game so I think it should be limited to teams that have games blacked out the season before. Because obviously they can't fill their stadium with their local fans.

    So I would be okay with that as I see it Europe has their own league they could support it isn't up to the nfl to cater to them. Just like it isn't up to the big time Europe soccer leagues to play 13% or what ever the number is of their home games over seas. We have our own soccer teams we should support those and not hope for another league to supply us games. And if you ate a fan of those teams their is television or other means to watch those games.
    Arrowhead and the Rams stadium is just over 200 miles away, so it wouldn't be difficult or expensive for you to travel to a game at one of those 2 stadiums any Sunday of the season. People who live in the States will generally be near a stadium even if there is not one in their state.

    People could watch a million games of their favourite team on TV but it's not the same as a live game, something I feel they should be able to experience.

    Personally I would have 1 week of the 38 played in the States in different cities (premier league)

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Arrowhead and the Rams stadium is just over 200 miles away, so it wouldn't be difficult or expensive for you to travel to a game at one of those 2 stadiums any Sunday of the season. People who live in the States will generally be near a stadium even if there is not one in their state.

    People could watch a million games of their favourite team on TV but it's not the same as a live game, something I feel they should be able to experience.

    Personally I would have 1 week of the 38 played in the States in different cities (premier league)
    Why not 13% of one teams home games and even then why should I feel entitled to them making that sacrifice to appease me? There are soccer leagues here if i have an itch for soccer. Will it be considered the top league? Probably not if you believe the premier League is the best. Obviously if you want to watch them live you should expect to go to their normal venue not have them cater the minority of out of country fans.

    But like I said I have no problem if they do it with teams that suffered a blackout game the year prior. If the local fans won't support them site to being a transplant town or what have you than I wouldn't be apposed to them losing a home game.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,930
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Why not 13% of one teams home games and even then why should I feel entitled to them making that sacrifice to appease me? There are soccer leagues here if i have an itch for soccer. Will it be considered the top league? Probably not if you believe the premier League is the best. Obviously if you want to watch them live you should expect to go to their normal venue not have them cater the minority of out of country fans.

    But like I said I have no problem if they do it with teams that suffered a blackout game the year prior. If the local fans won't support them site to being a transplant town or what have you than I wouldn't be apposed to them losing a home game.
    If they did the model I proposed a team would lose 1 home game every 9 years, and would know what year this was going to be, that way a fan will get to watch their team at one point, even if its only once.

    Do you think that is too big an ask ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •